Diary of a Wannanbe Skinny Mummy & Bride

Stayed the same this week, which is good because i've been feeling a bit down and eating loads (though trying to limit the damage by eating good things). Really just wanted to pig out most days this week and need to get out of this funk. Hoping for a great loss next week to get my 2 and a half stone award and to get into the next stone bracket next week. xx

Did you get your ultrasound results?

Hey hun, sorry I forgot to update, it's been a hectic week. I got my results back and apparently everything normal! So no clue why I'm getting stomach pains. It's been a bad week, my mum got rushed into hospital on Friday because she went to the doctor with what she thought was a chest infection and the dr dialled 999 as she suspected she had a pulmonary embolism. It turned out it's heart failure and cardiomegaly (fluid in the sac around the heart). She gained 19.5lbs last week due to fluid retention so they gave her water tablets to get rid of the fluid, sent her home on bedrest until she was emptied out and then said she'd be able to have an echocardiogram to see how bad the heart failure is. But at 3am this morning I got a call from her and she couldn't breathe, so I rushed her to hospital and she's gained an additional 11lbs in water weight on top of the original 19.5lbs she'd gained last week and the fluid is now in her lungs so they've admitted her to the coronary care unit to keep her in until the fluid has gone so they can do all the tests whilst she's in and keep an eye on her. I've been awake since she called me at 3am and just came home to feed jack as ben had used all the expressed milk we had at home then had to take the dog to the vets as she seems to have a skin problem and then once I've taken her home I'll be getting some stuff from my mums house for her and going back into the hospital with ben and jack to be with her. Its going to be a long day, but can't leave her there by herself for too long as she hates hospitals. Xx

Sorry to hear about ur mum hun, wishing her a speedy recovery xxx

Glad the results came back ok xxxx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Hi Hun. Didn't realise you had a diary I would have popped in before now otherwise. Anyways sorry to hear your terrible news about your mum and you poor thing you must be so warn out and worried bout it all! I'm sending massive virtual hugs your way and get well wishes for mum. Stay strong Hun and u know where we r x

Thanks so much ladies, it's been a tough day and I'm knackered so off to bad now. Feel bad that I've not caught up on all the threads I've subscribed to but I'm just too tired. Will hopefully get round to it tomorrow at some point. Have felt like crap all day and really wanted to just sod the plan for the first tie since I joined SW but I managed to stuck to it somehow so I'm pleased. If I don't get at least 2lbs off this week for my 2 and a half stone award and 4 stone loss in total I think I nay just lose it so I need to keep myself on track for that. Xx

Figured out why I got my STS this week... I got another star week yesterday! :( I only had one (my first since having Jack) just over two weeks ago, so looks like my body is still trying to sort itself out. Glad I know why I STS now as I was quite upset, but hopefully that means I'll get a great loss this week :) xx

She had a bit of a funny turn last night. She has a UTI and they didn't know so she got a fever and went delerious and kept the patients on the ward awake all night singing and talking about james bond lol you couldn't make this stuff up could you? when she gets infections it interferes with her blood sugar because she's diabetic and she goes a bit loopy. they've put her back on the oxygen today as her oxygen levels were dropping and she was finding it hard to breathe and they've put her on antibiotics for the UTI so hoping they will kick in soon. they started her on her new medication yesterday and they want to keep her in to make sure she has no adverse side effects from them. we were hoping she'd be out by the weekend as she's been in since tuesday but she'll be in until next week now so we're just taking it a day at a time and seeing how she goes. thanks for asking hunny.

Today has been a really crap day, british gas are trying to say we owe them £897 for electric for an apartment we lived in over a year and a half ago. We pais £560-odd for electric in the 10 months we were there and it was only a 2 bedroom apartment so there's no way we used one and a half grand worth of electric in that time, it's rediculous! Plus the account had already been closed off and i suddenly get a letter this week saying if i don't pay it they'll send it to a debt collector, when i've had no prior knowledge of this supposed 'debt' over the last year and a half! ?I was furious! it looks like our old letting agents cocked up with the meter readings but they cant confirm the correct ones because theyre supposedly in a paper storage archive in a different location so we have to wait until they find them to sort it out. i felt like going down there and battering them! NOT a good time of the month to get me angry! There's no way i'm paying it, they can get stuffed. if they try to say it's right then the letting agents can bloody well pay it because its them that screwed up. i'm taking our custom elsewhere now after the way i've been treated as we currently have both gas and electric with them in our house, plus i'm going to file a complaint with the ombudsman if they dont sort it out.

Anyway, hope you're ok hunny and thanks for stopping by to ask after me xx

sammyb1985 said:
She had a bit of a funny turn last night. She has a UTI and they didn't know so she got a fever and went delerious and kept the patients on the ward awake all night singing and talking about james bond lol you couldn't make this stuff up could you? when she gets infections it interferes with her blood sugar because she's diabetic and she goes a bit loopy. they've put her back on the oxygen today as her oxygen levels were dropping and she was finding it hard to breathe and they've put her on antibiotics for the UTI so hoping they will kick in soon. they started her on her new medication yesterday and they want to keep her in to make sure she has no adverse side effects from them. we were hoping she'd be out by the weekend as she's been in since tuesday but she'll be in until next week now so we're just taking it a day at a time and seeing how she goes. thanks for asking hunny.

Today has been a really crap day, british gas are trying to say we owe them £897 for electric for an apartment we lived in over a year and a half ago. We pais £560-odd for electric in the 10 months we were there and it was only a 2 bedroom apartment so there's no way we used one and a half grand worth of electric in that time, it's rediculous! Plus the account had already been closed off and i suddenly get a letter this week saying if i don't pay it they'll send it to a debt collector, when i've had no prior knowledge of this supposed 'debt' over the last year and a half! ?I was furious! it looks like our old letting agents cocked up with the meter readings but they cant confirm the correct ones because theyre supposedly in a paper storage archive in a different location so we have to wait until they find them to sort it out. i felt like going down there and battering them! NOT a good time of the month to get me angry! There's no way i'm paying it, they can get stuffed. if they try to say it's right then the letting agents can bloody well pay it because its them that screwed up. i'm taking our custom elsewhere now after the way i've been treated as we currently have both gas and electric with them in our house, plus i'm going to file a complaint with the ombudsman if they dont sort it out.

Anyway, hope you're ok hunny and thanks for stopping by to ask after me xx

Bless her your right you couldn't make it up. Sometimes it's the best way to take it one day at a time helps to cope with it I always think.

Sorry to hear about the bill stuff that's really awful and really not what u need now u poor thing I bet your so fed up.

I'm ok ta and don't be daft wanted to make sure u and mummy were ok x

Whoo hooo! :) I just went to Asda and thought I'd try on a coat, not expecting to get into the size 16 I wanted to because only 2 months ago I couldn't even get into a size 18, but not only did I get into a 16, I EASILY got into a 16 and now actually fit a size 14!!! I'm so happy! Plus I tried on some size 14 jeans and got into those easily too! I'm so happy!! :) so I've lost 4 dress sizes in the last 5 and a half months!!

Also visited mum again today and she's feeling so much better. she's still on the oxygen, but no more funny turns so i think the antibiotics are working :)

xx

Thanks hunny, unfortunately it's not been a great Sunday :( Mums blood sugar levels dropped to 1.8 this morning. At 8am one of the other patients notified the nurses that she thought something was wrong because my Mum is normally up by that time and she was still passed out. The doctors found she was unconcious and unresponsive and had to clear the rest of the ward whilst they worked on her for just over 2 hours. They told us they nearly lost her. She's now awake and talking, though not feeling too well. They said that if her levels had dropped just 0.3 lower that she would have been in ICU now. She's been in hospital since Tuesday and this is the 3rd hypo she's had. They're obviously doing something wrong as usually the problem is that her blood sugar is way too high and she needs the insulin to bring it down to within normal range. They refuse to give her any other food except the three meals a day, so obviously when her levels drop she has nothing to bring them back up again, so I've taken her in some cereal bars and some fruit to have for when it gets too low, which will hopefully help. I just wish she could get better. I was in church when all this was happening and when she finally came round they refused to call me and said she could call me so she tried to call but I had my phone on silent. I felt so guilty when mass finished and I realised that i'd missed a call from her, and even worse when I found out what had happened. :( xx

sammyb1985 said:
Thanks hunny, unfortunately it's not been a great Sunday :( Mums blood sugar levels dropped to 1.8 this morning. At 8am one of the other patients notified the nurses that she thought something was wrong because my Mum is normally up by that time and she was still passed out. The doctors found she was unconcious and unresponsive and had to clear the rest of the ward whilst they worked on her for just over 2 hours. They told us they nearly lost her. She's now awake and talking, though not feeling too well. They said that if her levels had dropped just 0.3 lower that she would have been in ICU now. She's been in hospital since Tuesday and this is the 3rd hypo she's had. They're obviously doing something wrong as usually the problem is that her blood sugar is way too high and she needs the insulin to bring it down to within normal range. They refuse to give her any other food except the three meals a day, so obviously when her levels drop she has nothing to bring them back up again, so I've taken her in some cereal bars and some fruit to have for when it gets too low, which will hopefully help. I just wish she could get better. I was in church when all this was happening and when she finally came round they refused to call me and said she could call me so she tried to call but I had my phone on silent. I felt so guilty when mass finished and I realised that i'd missed a call from her, and even worse when I found out what had happened. :( xx

Ahh thank god the other patients noticed! Hope she recovers quickly!

sammyb1985 said:

Oh no poor mum, thank goodness patients noticed and acted on it must have really scared her. Don't beat yourself up Hun I know it's natural but your doing all u can for her, u didn't miss it on purpose and its not like u were out getting drunk or anything u were genuinely in the middle of something u couldn't help. Hope your feeling a bit better today and mum x

Thanks so much ladies, mum is feeling a bit better today, still on oxygen, but sat up talking again :)

Just been to weigh in and I lost 4lbs this week!! :) So I got my 2 and a half stone award and slimmer of the week! That means i've lost 4 stone 2 lbs since Jack was born 24 and a half weeks ago, I can't believe it! xx

sammyb1985 said:
Thanks so much ladies, mum is feeling a bit better today, still on oxygen, but sat up talking again :)

Just been to weigh in and I lost 4lbs this week!! :) So I got my 2 and a half stone award and slimmer of the week! That means i've lost 4 stone 2 lbs since Jack was born 24 and a half weeks ago, I can't believe it! xx

Glad to hear mum is a bit perkier today.

That's a fab result at wi hunni especially with all you've had going on, hope your really proud of yourself you've done amazing x

Thanks so much hunny, I am really pleased with myself. Was a bit worried going backwards and forwards to the hospital every day would have an effect on my weight loss but i've stuck to plan and tried to make sure my mealtime routine has stayed in place and it seems to have worked! Hoping to get a few really good losses in over the next few weeks as got 2 weigh ins booked off, one on 29th october and one on 19th november for weekends away. Going to be good right up to the weekends away and then jump straight back on plan as soon as i'm home to hopefully minimise damage and maybe even still get a loss (a girl can dream!) I really want to at least be in the 11 stones by christmas! With 10 weigh ins left until christmas i should be able to achieve that, especially if I can get an average of 2lbs a week like i have been doing! Though I know my weight loss will slow down soon, that's why i'm so determined to be as good as possible now to get as far as I can before that starts to happen! xx

I lost 1.5lbs this week and shared slimmer of the week! Really pleased with that :) have now lost 2 stone 10.5lbs on slimming world and 4 stone 3.5lbs in total since I had my little boy just under 6 months ago. Jack will be 6 months old on Thursday and i've just started weaning him this week, so my extra healthy extras will decrease now, so let's see how that affects the scales (if it does at all!)

I'm booked off of weigh in for the next two weeks as I have weekends planned with friends, so don't have another official weigh in until three weeks from today. I've decided that that makes it the perfect time for me to start doing the 30 day shred, as any initial potential weight gain from the sudden exercise should be gone by my next weigh in and i'm determined that next time i'm in class i WILL be getting my 3 stone award, so no slacking for me in the next three weeks! I just did the first session, and let me tell you, it felt like a lot more than 20 minutes! There's a lot packed into one session! It was hard, but not quite as bad as I was expecting, I managed to do the advanced version of everything except the push ups, but my goal is to be able to do them by the end. Hopefully it will tone me up and get me well on my way to a size 12! My bridesmaids have booked me in to go wedding dress shopping in january so i want to be as close to a size 12 as possible for then :) xx

Last edited:
Well I lost 0.5lbs according to my scales at home this week, which i'm pleased with as i had a day off plan and started the 30 day shred, so something is better than nothing! hoping i'll have a bigger loss next week and going to smash the green days this week to get there :) Can't believe i've lost 60lbs since Jack was born! :) xx

Back