Diary of an Air Hostess!

B's lovely lady said:
8 weeks to go...!!! Me and bump are good, starting to feel really awkward and uncomfortable, I don't know how short people cope!! I'm 5ft8 and have quite a long body but there is still not enough space!!! My ribs are killing all the time!

Ahhhh, you'll have to go and have cuddles!!!

Cuddles....bring on the newborn sniffing. New baby smell is amazing, nothing like it and no baby compares to your own babys smell. I loved mine when they were newborn....mine chat back now. :p

8 weeks how is this possible, you only announced your pg two weeks ago. :p I'll never understand how other peoples pgs go by so fast. It is uncomfy now wait til he starts headbutting your cervix lol. Not long now hun, final stretch. Enjoy finishing a hot cup of tea because with a newborn tea goes cold before you get half way unto a cup. Enjoy long lazy baths too, I never get to bath alone or I have to get out to do something for someone. And read a long book while you get a chance. And don't worry about labour, you can't change what's to come but keep an open mind and just roll with it. It is painful but as soon as baby arrives the pain is gone and forgotten. My best labour was great because my mind was in the right place, I was so excited to meet my baby and labour felt productive, I couldn't wait for the midwife to pass her to me so I picked her up myself and that was lovely. Don't fight it or fear it, it's all productive pain. I think you are going to be just fine.
How's the hospital bag coming on?

ILoveCake said:
Cuddles....bring on the newborn sniffing. New baby smell is amazing, nothing like it and no baby compares to your own babys smell. I loved mine when they were newborn....mine chat back now. :p

8 weeks how is this possible, you only announced your pg two weeks ago. :p I'll never understand how other peoples pgs go by so fast. It is uncomfy now wait til he starts headbutting your cervix lol. Not long now hun, final stretch. Enjoy finishing a hot cup of tea because with a newborn tea goes cold before you get half way unto a cup. Enjoy long lazy baths too, I never get to bath alone or I have to get out to do something for someone. And read a long book while you get a chance. And don't worry about labour, you can't change what's to come but keep an open mind and just roll with it. It is painful but as soon as baby arrives the pain is gone and forgotten. My best labour was great because my mind was in the right place, I was so excited to meet my baby and labour felt productive, I couldn't wait for the midwife to pass her to me so I picked her up myself and that was lovely. Don't fight it or fear it, it's all productive pain. I think you are going to be just fine.
How's the hospital bag coming on?

I can't wait to meet him and finally see what he looks like, and smells like, I love that baby smell too!! It does feel like the time has just flown by.... Although im sure it will slow down now I'm so desperate to meet him!!

Thanks for the advice, I'll keep myself nice and relaxed and enjoy this last bit, lots of baths and me time.... Only 3 more weeks at work!! I've not packed a bag yet, but ive got a couple of bits and I've been thinking about it - anything you would really recommend, seeing as your the expert?!?? I feel ok ish about labour.... For the time being!! Did you use a tens machine for any of yours? Is it worth hiring one?

B's lovely lady said:
I can't wait to meet him and finally see what he looks like, and smells like, I love that baby smell too!! It does feel like the time has just flown by.... Although im sure it will slow down now I'm so desperate to meet him!!

Thanks for the advice, I'll keep myself nice and relaxed and enjoy this last bit, lots of baths and me time.... Only 3 more weeks at work!! I've not packed a bag yet, but ive got a couple of bits and I've been thinking about it - anything you would really recommend, seeing as your the expert?!?? I feel ok ish about labour.... For the time being!! Did you use a tens machine for any of yours? Is it worth hiring one?
I'm not an expert lol. I did buy a tens but I had short labours and never had a chance and gas and air is awesome.
Um bag, maternity pads from boots they are huge and thick but gentler on potential stitches.
Lipbalm (if u like gas and air you'll get really dry lips).
Fluffy socks will keep your feet warm in labour.
Breast pads, breastfeeding bra (if you plan on feeding).
Loads of knickers and spare pj's (my last labour my waters went and I kept gushing waters, I went through 4nighties and pj's in an hour...bad times trying to change with contractions.
Travel shampoo and conditioner. Snacks for you incase you are in for a long labour.
A good book or magazine.
Towell.
Camera.
I used the Evian water sprays (super cooling spray) because I got so hot in labour (I had fans on me in January lol).
Antibacterial gel and wipes, depends how you are with shared toilets lol.

You should get some good lists off baby sites online but you only really need the basics.

For baby. Nappies, baby hat, baby growsx3, baby vests x3, wipes or cotton wool balls, sudocream ( the tiny pots are useful), blanket, first cuddly toy. Coming home outfit.

There are so many lists online!! Thank you, I never thought about taking a towel water spray or most importantly snacks!!!! I'll add then to my list!! :)

B's lovely lady said:
There are so many lists online!! Thank you, I never thought about taking a towel water spray or most importantly snacks!!!! I'll add then to my list!! :)

Your hospital may be different to mine but I was never offered a towell. After labour and baby bonding you will be offered a shower or bath before you and baby go down onto the ward. I bought a red towell. Get what you want to wear ready before you get in the shower as you'll need to dress quickly.

This talk makes me broody but I have a terrible labour pic of me off my face on gas and air with fuzzy hair to remind me why I'm never doing it again lol.

ILoveCake said:
Your hospital may be different to mine but I was never offered a towell. After labour and baby bonding you will be offered a shower or bath before you and baby go down onto the ward. I bought a red towell. Get what you want to wear ready before you get in the shower as you'll need to dress quickly.

This talk makes me broody but I have a terrible labour pic of me off my face on gas and air with fuzzy hair to remind me why I'm never doing it again lol.

I doubt my hospital will offer towels, good idea!! Thanks for the advice. I've just done a new hospital bag list.... It's long!!!

I'd prefer no photos like that lol!! The husband will be warned!! ;)

B's lovely lady said:
I doubt my hospital will offer towels, good idea!! Thanks for the advice. I've just done a new hospital bag list.... It's long!!!

I'd prefer no photos like that lol!! The husband will be warned!! ;)

I had no idea how bad it was until I saw the pictures. There is a phenomenal change before during and after baby pics.

Oh and don't forget toothpaste, there's nothing worse than not being able to brush your teeth lol.

Mon 8 oct

Have had a very foody wknd... Yummy!!! Hasn't got a lot better today either but thought of write it down....

Breakfast: porridge with jam (hea heb 2 syns)

Lunch: toast (heb)

Dinner: pasta and veg tomato sauce with cheese (hea)

Snacks - chocolate, flapjack, icing off cupcake.....!!!!

I can't believe it's Thursday already....

Thurs 11th oct

Breakfast: ww toast with peanut butter (3 syns heb)

Lunch: wm pitta with cheese and salad el mayo (hea heb 1 syn)

Dinner: quorn chilli with rice.... I think the hubby is cooking, this is what I've requested!!! :)

My last baby was grown on vege chilli. There was something about it that I needed soooo badly. Soooooo lush. I've had veg chilli this week too, I made a batch of quorn bologneise (made some into some lasagnes to freeze), vege chilli and pumpkin soup because there's only so many times you can go in the freezer and pull out vege sausages lol.

I hope you are well. Peanut butter-wow, that's something I haven't had in ages, how does it work out syn wise?

Hello Missy!!

How are you? How far on are you now? You must be approaching your due date? I'm 27 weeks today!! Last week of my second trimester, can't believe it! Away out to buy our travel system shortly. So exciting! Xxx

ILoveCake said:
My last baby was grown on vege chilli. There was something about it that I needed soooo badly. Soooooo lush. I've had veg chilli this week too, I made a batch of quorn bologneise (made some into some lasagnes to freeze), vege chilli and pumpkin soup because there's only so many times you can go in the freezer and pull out vege sausages lol.

I hope you are well. Peanut butter-wow, that's something I haven't had in ages, how does it work out syn wise?

Whenever we have chilli it doesn't last long enough to freeze, hubby loves the stuff!!! He also loves the sausages too.... There's never any left!!!! I am hoping to batch cook and freeze a load of stuff before baby comes.... I'll have to do it when he's out so he can't get his hands on it!! Lol!!

Peanut butter - lush.... I only had a scraping and syned it as 3.... No idea if its right, but thought it must be similarish to butter - I really am just making things up as I go along at the moment!!!

Gem_bear said:
Hello Missy!!

How are you? How far on are you now? You must be approaching your due date? I'm 27 weeks today!! Last week of my second trimester, can't believe it! Away out to buy our travel system shortly. So exciting! Xxx

Hi hunny,

I'm good, 33 weeks now... It's just gone so quickly!!! Feeling good, apart from waking up in the night to a massive nose bleed... Never had one before, but I've read it's quite common!! Wow, 27 weeks, it seems like I was just there!!

Did you get your travel system? What one did you get? X

B's lovely lady said:
Hi hunny,

I'm good, 33 weeks now... It's just gone so quickly!!! Feeling good, apart from waking up in the night to a massive nose bleed... Never had one before, but I've read it's quite common!! Wow, 27 weeks, it seems like I was just there!!

Did you get your travel system? What one did you get? X

Oh that sounds unpleasant! So we are 6 weeks apart!? It's flying in for me too although to be honest I'm getting bored of work now! Mat leave doesn't start until I'm 36 weeks, I'm really tempted to bring it forward though! We are getting the baby oyster. The actual pram was sold out unfortunately but we ordered the rest of the system and know when it's bank in stock. What did you go for? Are you all organised? Xxx

Gem_bear said:
Oh that sounds unpleasant! So we are 6 weeks apart!? It's flying in for me too although to be honest I'm getting bored of work now! Mat leave doesn't start until I'm 36 weeks, I'm really tempted to bring it forward though! We are getting the baby oyster. The actual pram was sold out unfortunately but we ordered the rest of the system and know when it's bank in stock. What did you go for? Are you all organised? Xxx

Yeah 6 weeks apart! So exciting!! I'm leaving at 35 weeks... I can't deal with working in an office any longer!!! 2 more weeks to go!!!

We got the bugaboo chameleon. Yeah all organised now, everything bought, room done, just need to sort out my hospital bag..... And him to arrive!!!! :) Have you got a lot sorted? Xx

Wed 17 oct

Breakfast: banana

Lunch: jacket potato beans cheese (hea) and salad el mayo ( 1 syn) half caramel bar (6syns)

Dinner: pasta with sauce veg and cheese (hea) may use some oil to get heb....

Hi b!

You don't eat much for a pg lady or are we skipping pg extras lol. I have memories of eating strawberry laces in bed (yes in bed lol) with number 2 on the way.

I hope you are well. How was the last day in work? You're free!!!!!! Enjoy.

ILoveCake said:
Hi b!

You don't eat much for a pg lady or are we skipping pg extras lol. I have memories of eating strawberry laces in bed (yes in bed lol) with number 2 on the way.

I hope you are well. How was the last day in work? You're free!!!!!! Enjoy.

You don't want to know what I've eaten over the last week!!!! Lol!!! I'm trying to still eat sw for main meals its just all the extras!!!! Oooops!! Last day at work was lovely, was really spoilt! Feel like I can somehow pull back this eating in the last couple of weeks being at home and not having the temptations in the office around me.... Although I do have 3 meals out this weekend!!

Are you feeling better? X

Lol. Well if you're allowed them anytime it's now. :p

Time to start nesting now.

Back