Diary of Demented Iva

iva

well its day 4.

Nothing much to report lol, but I thought starting a diary here would be a good thing :)

I have half a soup pack left (sometimes I split em to help me survive the day) and I only need to drink one more glass of water, which is just as well or I'd be up all night going to the loo. I need to go just now actually, but I guess you didn't need to know that..... the toilet is almost always where I am en-route to these days :p

I have struggled today, other half been at work, and 7yr old trying to steal my sanity (mission accomplished) so although I acknowledge that I have not felt hungry I have STILL wanted to demolish the contents of the fridge. I haven't off course, but i did eat a slice of chicken which has scuppered my plan because I really wanted to drop in and 'honk' on the honk if you've done 100% thread. Oh well tomorrow anyone? Now that the source of my dementing is in bed I no longer feel the need to raid the fridge.... funny that.

I'm looking forward to next weds when I get weighed and see my cdc and am going to ask to buy a few extra packs to have in reserve, I'm guessing if I'm having a bad day, an extra food pack would be better than eating.

well I guess I had more to report or at least waffle about, than I thought!

well day 5 dawned, I've had water, a shake and currently having a peppermint tea!

I want to 'honk' tonight!

Well i am proud of myself today so far! I work in people houses so am often offered cups of tea, but i need milk and sugar in tea, stick to peppermint at home. Anyway so far today i have declined 2 cups of tea AND a bacon sandwich! I also resisted some choc eggs which i found in my van, i looked but i didnt eat, now they are binned. Sat here supping my water watching the sea :)

I was able to honk on the honk thread for yesterday woohoo :)

so far so good today

a few honks under my belt now lol.

well its day 7, and I've had my weigh in and lost 5 Lb's :) not as high as some wk 1's but i am more than happy with it!

Also stocked up on extra packs so I can try the bars and porridge without worrying about not liking them. Looking forward to trying a porridge tomorrow, hope its good, could do with something warm at brekkie time as I walk my daughter to breakfast club and its sooooo cold at the moment!

Well done. You're doing great. Funny how such little "beings" can test us so much hey!

hey Demented Iva - :D You're doin fab lovely - 5lbs is ace :) xx

thanks guys :)

I'm spending the day and evening with a (very supportive) friend today, we're going to look at wedding clothes (I'm getting married later in the year) and then going to the circus of horrors in the evening. Really looking forward to it altho, will probably spend the evening hiding behind my chair!

I've just had a porridge.... not that excited but I didn't read the directions properly and used cold instead of hot water, so ended up having to heat it longer in the micro, so it may have been better had I done it right! will give it another go perhaps tomorrow or at the weekend.

Plan for today is to have lots of water, and herbal tea, and when we go for a meal later I will choose something appropriate for ss+ because my friend is so supportive I know she will help to keep me on the straight and narrow, and not allow me to jump over the edge and have chips, or cake lol and then tomorrow jumping straight back into ss, I'm hoping it all goes to plan.

I'm sure it will. It's always great to have a supportive friend to keep you in check. I've just told one of mine so far who I know won't judge but will also give me a kick up the bum if I need it. Have fun tonight x

well yesterday went well, found a dress I love, so may order that in another few weeks :) circus of horrors was ok, not as icky as I expected lol, I enjoyed it, but wouldn't rush back!

As for food I think I did pretty well. I had plentiful water, and green tea, and when we stopped for lunch we shared a tuna salad. later in the day I Had some chicken and veg. I think I must have stayed in ketosis as feel fine today and not been hungry :) will see next weds hopefully it won't effect me much if at all.

morning all, well I tried my 2nd porridge this morning, and although i didn't hate it, I much prefer the shakes, so won't be bothering getting any more of those. I guess down the line if I get bored but not for now anyway.

need to get going wiv me water today, nearly lunch and not had any :-o had a cup of green tea, but I don't count my tea's dunno if supposed to but I think if I can have the 2.25 at least of water and then the tea's are a bonus.

Iva, teas and coffees are counted in your fluid intake :) x

thats good to know thankyou :) I think I still won't count them tho, and I'll know my fluid will be more than I need!

I'm on day 11 woohoo, feeling very motivated to keep going (partly through reading other diaries) I know I can do this and become healthy, and hopefully become a Mum again.

Weekends are definitely the harder times for me, although my daughter has behaved better this weekend which really helps! I have some spare packs tho, and i figure on a bad day if I need to I'll just have a 4th pack and it will be like an ss+ day. Its great that there is a bit of flexibility with all this.

yesterday i took my daughter to a kids fun place. Altho its always noisy I can still get easily lost in a book so I had my kindle with me! Its hard in places like that as historically I'd always have had a cake and a hot choc, but I didn't I only had a bottle of water, and distracted myself with my book.

I did however have a slight glitch later in the day and had a spoonful of icing, which won't have helped, but am straight back on the straight and narrow and hoping to 'honk' later.

I have had to take a day of work as my daughter has earache, and is much quieter and more lethargic than normal.

so far today I'm ahead with my water, not had anything else yet. I can't wait until weds night I am excited to know what I've lost :)

a spoonful of icing? that's a bit random - were you making a cake? I don't think I could make cakes at the moment whilst I'm SS+ing...

glad you picked yourself back up :)

yep lol I don't want to tell my daughter she can't bake until I stop lol but its not so bad we only bake maybe once a month or so anyway.

She is 7, I wonder about how seeing me eat this way (food packs) could effect her, so I've spoken to her about it as best I can. She has a pretty healthy diet, and I've tried to explain this is only temporary and soon we will all be eating healthy stuff together. My partner is into his martial arts training and also interested in nutrition, we've made lots of changes over recent years in the house, we only have wholemeal pasta, rice and bread for example, don't eat much white potato, plenty veg and usually only lean meat etc. I lost a stone last year, and managed to keep 10 Lbs off, so I have my total loss on my ticker. The fact is, with pcos as well as enjoying my food its just so hard to lose, and i don't feel time is on my side if I want to have a 2nd child, thus I have taken this route. I just have to hope that it has no negative effects on my daughter. I really do worry about the nations obsession with being rediculously slim! I'm only heading for healthy not too slim. I'm fairly confident with my partners support i will be able to maintain if I can just get the pounds off in the first place!

yesterday was tricky, it was just like an extra weekend day as is today, as I'm home with Hannah. However she is pretty much better tho, so back to normal tomorrow which is also weigh in day!

have had half a litre of water and a shake so far, sat with a cup of peppermint tea now.

My best friend and I have decided we are going to do a fitness thing every monday night, its a core strength thing focussing on lots of stretching, as well as sit ups, press ups, and leg work to build strength. I know we're not supposed to overdo things on this diet but I'm guessing a 50 min work out at our pace once a week should be ok, and a few walks a week as well.

I don't have official before pics, but I'm going to post some from 2010 hols when I was probably at my heaviest and some from 2011, when I was probably 10-14 lbs down. Need to have a lookie and see how to start an album! I've hit my 50 posts so I assume most things are open to me now! I hate photos of me, its weird because although I do know that I am very overweight I always feel I look much worse in photos than I ever do in the mirror which I find strange!

Ah well onwards and upwards I suppose (or downwards in weight talk)

have been having a 'wishful thinking' sort of count up lol. If I lose average of 3 lbs a week I will be where I want to be by the end of June! seems so close, but can I taste it? lol 4 and a half months away.

however when I did lighterlife previously I did lose lots, but it slowed to about 2.5 per week (I think I have a slow metabolism) which would then take me to mid July. Either way I'd be slim for my wedding :) all that is assuming i don't suddenly get pregnant and have to stop! We've been trying for 19 months so far, so I'm not holding out hope until I have lost weight, but you never can tell with these things.

I've also had a rummage and thrown out loads of clothes I'll never wear, and I've found 2 pairs of size 14 jeans hardly worn, which hopefully I'll be able to wear in a month or so :) I guess its handy I won't need to buy all that much clothes as I size down! Last time I threw all my big clothes away, I'm going to be optimistic and do the same again (charity shops etc not just bin)

Hi :) I do that too, I sit and think 'well if I lost 2lbs a week I'd be such a weight by May..'. But then I get carried away and think 'yea but If I lost 5lbs a week I'd be.....' and I carry on like thus all day !! Glad uv got some smaller jeans, you'll be in them in no time :) xx

Had my weigh in and have lost 3 lbs :)

I know by some of the others it may not seem much for week 2, but I'm happy with it. I know when I did lighterlife 5 yrs ago I didn't often get a massive loss, but I also know this is much more than I'd lose anywhere else!

Now I'm wishing the days away to next week haha.

Back