Diary of Demented Iva

Well done on the loss that's great!!!

3lbs is fab, I lost that this week too and was happy ... As long as it goes down every week is all that matters xx

Ok slightly annoyed with myself as forgot to bring my days water and have had to buy some from the shop however I am also proud of meself for not buying any crap whilst in the shop :). Interesting observation that I have never noticed tho, is that local shops, out of their whole stock about 50 percent of it is unhealthy, I was stood there in the queue, and ALL there was at the front half of the shop was cigarettes, alcohol, crisps, chocolate, and other sweets. Its like a sea of unhealthiness! The moderated ammounts that are recommended for us to enjoy just are not reflected in what I saw.

I know what you mean, going to a shop is a nightmear I stood in co op the other day and was surrounded by junk my mouth was litteraly watering by the sight of it all!!! Fairly sad really its also shocking how cheap junk food is and fruit/veg fish and meat is Sooooo expensive, and they wonder why our nation is so big!!!!

I love those eye opening moments on CD :) we get the chance to see the world afresh..

All these unhelpful products for sale... cheap unhealthy ingredients to make a few quid out of people who are addicted.. to cigarettes ..to alcohol.. to confectionery... I'd love it if the shops had things that we want and need in our lives...

OK.. rant over ha ha :)

Confession.. i just went into the staff room to get some water and found myself smelling the biscuit tin ha ha.. don't know why! I just opened it and breathed in the lovely smell then came back to work .. if anyone had seen they'd have found it really funny! Ha ha

I get smell obsessed on CD & was milimetres away from some fresh bread my dad had made.

What's also interesting is that I'm craving salad & vegetables. No thoughts of junk whatsoever.

the smell of bread I really love! but it makes me want to eat it!

I crave toast usually, which is odd as its not something I eat THAT much of usually.

I was surprised really in the shop today as i actually didn't want anything :)

We (as a family usually, except for now as I'm on SS) usually eat quite healthily now, and shop at aldi. It is very cheap to buy plenty fruit and veg really as well as the healthier lean meats, so I don't really think its cheaper to eat junk. What I do say is that its more convenient to eat junk. Throwing a pizza in the oven is much easier thank cooking something proper, but there are loads of things I can throw together in about half an hour or so that is mostly healthy. I've been careful to ensure a healthy diet - with junk in moderation, for my daughter.

The ONE thing that actually annoys me, is that you can buy really big bags of white rice and pasta, which is convenient to buy and lasts for ages. However for the last couple of years we have only eaten wholemeal rice and pasta, which you can only buy in small bags. I haven't checked the prices but I'm guessing that does work out more expensive, but more importantly to me - its just not as convenient! and aldi don't sell it!

The reason I am into Aldi is my partner is a deputy manager there and he brings in most of the shopping, but every month or so I have to nip into asda and buy several packs of wholemeal rice and pasta to keep us going!

Am still doing ok today, waiting for my cdc to drop in with some packs, as when I weighed in and picked up my food yesterday she didn't have all I needed, AND she managed to mix up my order anyway lol so she's dropping by my missing items tonight, and I have 5 shakes to give her that she gave me by accident lol.

Am snuggled on the sofa watching Mama mia, with my daughter as she isn't quite herself, her earache has come back. Its not really my choice of movie, but I don't mind it once in a while.

Hopefully, she will be well enough to go to stay at her Grans this weekend, which IS currently the plan. A childfree weekend woohoo. All being well we are going to view the place we want to get married, prior to commiting our fees, and probably a cinema trip. I can handle the cinema, I'll just bypass the food, perhaps bring a bar. Usually on our ocassional child free weekends we go for an Indian meal and consume alcohol, so this weekend will be a little different. we will see how it goes provided Hannah is well enough to go that is.

Still have to get through one more day at work tho!

went to see the place we are getting married at and will be going ahead :)

and went to cinema and did NOT cave in to junk food, or any food :)

morning all!

doing well so far my weigh in is tomorrow and my scales are so far showing 3, so thats fine by me!

did a core muscle workout dvd with my friend yesterday, so I am expecting to hurt today!

Looking forward to this evening as we are going to a lecture at the local university about the local stone circles which is something that fascinates (sp?) me :) can't wait.

Happy cambridging one and all!

Good luck with your weight in! I'm on my second week now, things are much better this week, slipped up on Sunday but totally wasn't worth it and made me realise that food ain't all it's cracked up to be so in a way I'm glad I did it, won't be doin it again :)
Cambridge all the way!! =D
Good luck!!

Good luck with tomorrow's WI.. I've got mine this eve but it's for two weeks and I'm expecting about 5 pounds off or so..

Stone circles? Like stonehenge?

x

you're right slim penguin, its not worth it! but if you only had the one slip you should still lose!

How did you get on Enough? hope you got a nice loss! and yeah we have loads of stone circles in the region, not nearly as grand as stonehenge, but same idea on usually smaller scale. Lots of cairns as well. I could spend all day learning about that sorta stuff! The lecture tonight was more a study on the people who visit and their reasons for doing so etc, so wasn't what we expected but still enjoyed it tho!

can't wait for my weigh in now, feels like I wish away the week till weds these days haha!

Yeah hopefully I'll still lose this week! Got 3 more days to go! Yesturday the scales said I'd lost a 2lb but this morning it says I've gained :( went to the gym last night n'al! Haha hopefully I'll have lost by the end of the week :)

yeah weight does fluctuate through the week, try not to worry too much!

yipee I lost another 3 Lbs so happy Iva. Also picked up some berry water flavouring today so hopefully that will be enjoyable as well :)

Well done that's great!!!!!

Well done on the loss :)

Back