Diary of losing my baby weight (now that my son is 5!)

Val72 said:
Hi there Lo and thanks for the kind words of encouragement.

I have not been on here much and tbh my enthusiasum is waning, but great to see you have re-started, and I know that I can too - so am gonna give it my all this week.

I had a little gain - 1/2lb, but I put my back out on Wednesday - I think it was the gardening on the Tuesday that did it, so thur/fri I was basically just sat around all day, pretty much just eating! I think the only reason I didnt eat and gain more was because it hurt to get the food!! Anyway, it has gradually improved. Today it is not 100%, I would say around 95, so I would normally do pump at the gym, but I will get the wii out and do some 'just dance', that way I can stop it if gets too much. Although I have planned to mow the lawns today too - not sure if that is a good idea... I only did them last week but we have had a few good downpours and the chuffing stuff grows so quickly out here! I might bin the idea of exercising and just focus on the garden. I love that the garden is no where near the kitchen and takes my mind off food!!!

Yay your back but ouch on the back thing :( worse injury as it just gets in the way of everything - I'm glad it's better and hope it gets back to 100% soon - that little gain is nothing and you'll shift it in no time at all - plus more! You can do it :)

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Thanks emmey - you are right, 1/2lb is nothing in the big scheme of things and i will have that off in no time!!!

I am trying to concentrate on not snacking in the evening this week (unless I am actually hungry!!!) I think it is a habit that, truth be told, I have never really got out of. Only problem is I am trying not to think about snackiing, and so I can think of nothing else!!!. Anyhoo am trying to take my mind of it - Last night I went to bed at 9.30 (we dont eat in the bedrooms, incase of ants, cant leave a blob of honey around, they'll find it, cheeky blighters, then you have to follow the trail with the insect spray lol) anyway took my book to bed for an hour and then watched Law and order UK re-run - was the one where the 2 girls murdered a 5 year old boy. Anyway I found it quite harrowing, specially as my son is 5, so when that finished at 11.30 I couldnt sleep. OH was snoring away so I got up for a bit, did a crossword on the pc, sorted out the bookclub order for school, went back to bed and read. Anyway to cut a very long story short, it was 1.30 by the time I went to sleep - but no snacking - yay!!!

I also did mow and exercise yesterday, plus I took all the grass to the tip and the kids to the library after school, so overall, a very good day!!!

Today am gonna do a class this morning. Then its mothers group at the park - will take watermelon. After that I will strim the borders of my lawn. Only thing is our strimmer is a petrol powered beast that I hate using. Last week when I did the front lawn, I trimed the edges using sissors - but the back lawn is too big to do that - I would be there for ever!!! - although am not ruling it out as a fall back position!!! Then it is jazz for my daughter whilst juggling the fact that my OH goes to the gym at 4 - 5.30, we only have 1 car and I have teas and stuff to do - oh well, no rest for the wicked...

Flipping 'eck it's not the easy laid-back life down under is it, you're so busy!

How's your back doing today? I can understand the temptation to snack when you've got an injury like that. Thank heavens for small mercies that it makes snackfetching difficult :giggle:

The gardening sounded a good idea over the exercise indoors while you're feeling snacky - get you out in the fresh air and it's so nice to look over the results of your hard work at the end, the exercise is a nice bonus :) I don't have grass at this house but I'm looking forward to trying my hand at growing tomatoes and bits and pieces again when it's a little warmer... see if I can get my soon-to-be 10yrs old son interested this time round, he's a lazy begger:rolleyes:

Hm I can't watch crime type shows like that (other than buffy or somesuch) - they'd be playing on my mind for ages afterwards. I had nightmares from my mum watching casualty and cell block h when I was little :sigh: Hope you slept soundly eventually?

Hope your evening is less hectic than your day! xxxxx

Hi Lo - just reading my plans I had for yesterday, that was a busy plan, shame it didn't turn out like that, you know what they say about the best laid plans... I forgot that it was Wednesday and Niall gets a 1/2 day from school. It is just for the 1st term so they dont get 'tired'. Anyways, it was a beautifully hot day so I took him to the pool for a couple of hours. Was dead impressed cos he swam the entire width of the pool - his stroke was definately on the doggy side, but he is only 5!!!

So didnt get the borders done yesterday, and today I spent the morning at the hairdressers and the afternoon reading my book. Am feeling dead lazy at the mo - my get up and go had done just that!!! and tomorrow am going to bingo with a friend so may have to frantically run around with the hoover in the hour I have spare - plus my daughter is going to a twins birthday party after school, guess I had better sort out pressies - may have to resort to money in a card - did I mention I am feeling dead lazy!!!

1 cool thing - had hair coloured and cut today, slightly changed my colours as I had a lot of 'old blonde' in it - now had dark purple with blonde and red streaks put in - looks a lot darker, might actually be starting to act my age, at least in hair colour, anyway...

Won bugger all at bingo - not surprising really cos I hardly ever win - but had fun, so thats what counts.

Today was a fun day. We are over 3 hours from the coast, but this weekend is Beach Volleyball Weekend. Basically the local building supply place ships in masses of sand, so they create 6 courts in the street and then 100 teams sign up for playing volleyball and drinking!!! So we went to watch. The kids did manage to watch a couple of matches before they started fighting so then on to the pool for a couple of hours (I sat and watched incase my new colour went green!!!)

Also nipped to the library - I have finished book 4 of Harry potter so borrowed the 1st 4 films - love the library, you can borrow up to 6 dvds for 2 weeks for nothing - that is what I call value for money!!!

Foodwise, am still concentrating on the not snacking, but not sticking to the plan (1 step at a time!!!!) I have kind of got it in my head that my cut off time is 8pm - no food after then - so far so good! Am really pleased with my cold turkey snacking especially as star week is coming up any day now (I am not gonna use it as an excuse to gain weight!!!)

Another thing that is in my head, my birthday is only 9 days away - I have come to terms with the fact that I am still gonna be fat and 40. I will, however, be slightly less fatter than I was before - also, but this time next year, if not sooner, I am gonna be a svelt sex kitten - well, maybe just the svelt bit ha ha!! Am pretty sure that I wont make my mini target by my birthday, but wont be far off and am gonna try to do it by the following week so am fine about it. Am actually feeling really positive and ready for the week ahead - my last week of being 39 - bring it on!!!

Ok WI today was 1.5 off yay :)

This puts me at 11 stone 4.5. My mini target was under 11stone by my birthday - well 5lbs offnext week is pretty unlikely esp as am out both Fri and Sat. Tbh I will take any loss and deal with the rest of it the following week. So 2 nights out and I want a loss - I need a plan!!! Nothing else for it but I will have to have 100% days and keep my syns low - wish me luck!!!

Am feeling v inspired right now - had a parcel come this morning and it was a load of clothes for the kids from the next sale from my sister PLUS a copy of the jan/feb sw mag - which I have just read from cover to cover. Am loving the recipes but am wishing that I had a few more pennies in the bank to do a shop for some of the items - am on a 'no shopping except vital supplies' budget until friday, may have to stretch what is considered 'vital' a little!!! I have also signed up for a years mag subscruption on the website and extended my membership for 6 months so I get it cheaper. I was trying not to spend any money on the credit card as I am trying to pay it off, but deffo thing these two things are vital!!! I still have the aussie weightwatchers mag subscription running, which I still find inspiring, and works in terms of seasonality but it is not the same and I cant help but giggle when they talk about how much food they are able to eat!! (sorry bad me!!)

Anyway it is now 1pm and I spent the last 2.5 hours reading, now better get off my but and do something otherwise I will have wasted the whole day (I know wasted is the wrong word, it was constructive time, but the weeds are still growing in the back yard!!)

Right, omellette for lunch and then to the weeds of doom!!....

had v good day yesterday, after the gym went for a coffee with a friend (saintly me had green tea!), some shopping then started the cleaning. My phone alarm went off and I realised I had to pick up my youngest from school as weds is half day for the whole term... was lucky alarm was set, had forgotten! Then omelette for lunch and on with the cleaning. Only got 1/2 done due to youngster under my feet, but hay ho, it will stick around for another day!

Between picking up daughter from school bus, and taking her to and from Jazz I cooked spinach and mushroom canoloni from the little booklet in the jan/feb mag - it was a faff and seemed to take ages to get the stuff in the tubes, but the result was nice - although OH doesnt do herbs so he covered it in BBQ sauce so that he couldnt taste it - they really know how to make you feel good!!!

Anyways, yogurt for pud and no snacking! Am feeling good!

Didnt sleep well as a neighbours dog was barking all night - aaarrrggghh. So woke up late this morning - my brilliant visuallising how calm and sereen mornings would be all went out the window and spent 3/4 hour running around shouting at the kids!! Was too late to make the gym class so came home and did Viki Binns DVD.

My plan for the rest of the day is to finish the cleaning - bathrooms - yulk! and do the ironing - boring I know, but hope to go to bingo on friday so want to do it all today.

Foodwise - havent decided yet, so will have onion and pepper omelette for lunch to keep my options open.

OK - cant put it off any longer - where's me rubber gloves...

Yay Friday is here!!! - didnt make bingo but have filled my cupboards to the brim with SW friendly foods and a couple of not so friendly things for the kids.. honest!!!

Today have had friut and yogurt for brekky and just cooked chicken for lunch - so am on a red day but have all 4 hex's left for my meal out this evening.

Have done my nails and eyebrows already and I know what I am gonna wear so all set set for my evening out - am looking forward to it - am thinking I will have steak and salad for tea and make sure I have water on the table as well as wine, oh yeah, and will try and drink it haha

We are going into town after and will be sure to do some dancing to burn off alcolhol calories - luckily I turn into a fantastic dancer after a few bevvies:D

I am planning an ee day tomorrow and have the stuff in for a big brekky and will do chicken hotpot from jan/feb mag for tea to counter hangover issues. Also have avoided buying the fig rolls today, so they are not around to temp me - last time I had a night out it took the entire packet!!!

Sorted - right, now to get a shower without chipping my nail varnish and getting my hair wet - will need more than luck haha

Last edited:
Had great night out with friends - meal went well - I went for marinated Kangeroo in the end - very nice, had it with chips as choices were crap. My mates were singing 'Skippy the bush kangeroo' as I ate cos I was eating their heritage lol.:D

After the meal, we went to a few pubs, had a couple of cocktails then on to the vodkas and dancing - a good night was had by all :)

So today woke up with a massive hangover - so much for me taking it easy - oops! Anyhow, foodwise today is a write-off, am trying to limit the damage, but am not very successfull - having chicken and chips with gravy for tea - yummo! (oops!!)

Tomorrow will be back on form - am making chicken and bacon hotpot for tomorrows tea mmmmm....

Val72 said:
Had great night out with friends - meal went well - I went for marinated Kangeroo in the end - very nice, had it with chips as choices were crap. My mates were singing 'Skippy the bush kangeroo' as I ate cos I was eating their heritage lol.:D

After the meal, we went to a few pubs, had a couple of cocktails then on to the vodkas and dancing - a good night was had by all :)

So today woke up with a massive hangover - so much for me taking it easy - oops! Anyhow, foodwise today is a write-off, am trying to limit the damage, but am not very successfull - having chicken and chips with gravy for tea - yummo! (oops!!)

Tomorrow will be back on form - am making chicken and bacon hotpot for tomorrows tea mmmmm....

Glad you had a good night hun! Sounds great - could do with one of those myself
Hope the hangover gets easier - oh how I hate a hangover lol

Glad you had a good night hun! Sounds great - could do with one of those myself
Hope the hangover gets easier - oh how I hate a hangover lol

Hi Emmey - unfortunately as I am getting older the hangover gets worse - I remember the days I would go clubbing on a week night and still do a full 9 hour day at work, then back out boozing that night, perhaps thats why my memory is so bad nowadays - have mutilated my grey matter with far too much partying in my early 20's.

Anyhow, today have had a much better day - drove into the city today (everything shuts on a sunday in my town), had subway for lunch (best option of a bad bunch), bought some cool clothes that fit and look good (wahoo!!) and some dvd's. BBQ for tea, 1 glass of wine and 2 bits of garlic bread (oops).

Tomorrow, WI and back to counting syns.

Oh yes and I will be 40 years old.

Christ - that is OLD!!!

Note to self: Drinking a pint of pepsi max at 11pm is not condusive with a fitfull nights sleep lol !!!

Need sleep - daughter is getting 'writer of the month' award in assembly tomorrow, and if I am tired (and if assemblies are still how they used to be 30 years ago) am worried I will nod off at an inappropriate moment (and/or snore!!!)

Val72 said:
Happy Birthday to me
Happy Birthday to me
I'm still a fat monkey (though slightly less fat than before)
But I've lost 2lb this week hehe

:) :) :)

am really pleased with that - next weeks aim - 3lb to get ;me under 11st :)

Yeah! Well done! And happy birthday!

Well yesterday was a funny old day for a birthday - pee'd down all day, was going to go to the Globe for lunch - best lunches in town but their restaurant is not open on a Monday so just had pub lunch instead. Yasmin's assembly is actually on Friday :confused: and when kids got home I cooked dino nuggets and beans (we had beans on toast). Then OH put on a DVD we bought called Fat Pizza - apparently supposed to be funny, but was a bit too blokey for my - all low cleavage and but jokes, so I went to bed early with my Harry Potter book and promptly fell asleep. My sister phoned up at 10.30pm she woke me up! So I was cranky! Dogs woke me again at 2am to go out and I couldnt get back to sleep for ages - hate that when that happens - bloody dogs!!!! Anyway that was my birthday. Like I said - bit of a funny one really!!

Well - it is still raining!!! Apparently we are in a massive rainfall event - according to the bloke on the weather channel anyways. I have just driven to the gym and some of the causeways that cross the creek are up to a meter on the depth guage and it is supposed to carry on raining for another 3 days. And my town got mentioned on the national news - not such a good thing!!! According to the web site we have had 150mm of rain in the past 5 days, and the average for february is 85mm.

And the upshot of the rain is I havent been to the gym, I'm eating badly and am a bit down in the dumps really. Have a house covered in damp washing.

Today is the day I pull myself out of it!!

This is my plan for today:

1. Gonna do a dvd or zumba or some sort of exercise - havvent decided what yet. I know I drove to the gym, but I couldnt get a space so I didnt go inside, plus by the time I got there the class had already been going 10 mins.

2. Gonna dig out the tumble dryer and get some washing dry - sod the expense, this is for my sanity

3. Gonna sort out my CV and put in for a job in the paper for legal secretary 1 day per week. Am not amazingly well qualified for it, but I can type and 1 day a week would be perfect for me. I just have to hope that not many others apply haha. Anyway would be good to get my cv up together.

4. Celebrity apprentice (the USA one) is on at 2pm - good inane crap to do the ironing to!

And if I have time, a bit of hoovering in the lounge.

Foodwise - will have an omellette for lunch and try and stick to the 'no snacking' rule this evening, was gonna make the full english hash for tea, but might have to change that to mash, egg and beans - proper comfort food, with no syns!

Yesterday wasn't so good - my plan didnt work out - am not gonna dwell. The 1 positive thing that did come out of yesterday is that I finished up my cv and today I have done a covering letter and hand delivered them both to the solicitors down the road.

Today is deffo better. I think the fact I had weetabix for brekky helps - I had chocolate shreddies the past3 days so boogered up my day before it really began - but all change now!!!

Yasmin's assembly is in 1/2 hour so that gets me out of eating range of the house, am having noodles for lunch - 6 syns, but that is ok. the breakfast hash is planned for tea with yogurt and fruit for snacking purposes. My aim is to have a really good sat and sun, and hope that the gain I know I am gonna have on Monday is not too heartbreaking. I havent got the courage to jump on the scales to peek at how bad I have been, so I have put them in the spare room for now.

My other aim is to forgive myself the odd slip up, even if it did last for 4 days - Im back on it now, and afterall, nobody died!!!

PS it has finally stopped raining, but more predicted for sat and sun. Causeways highest were 1.4 meters and have gone back to 90cms - yay, but you wouldn't drive through it lol!

Back