Diary: Shroomfest - episode 2 - Experiencing the evil maintenance. :-)

Lostris

Serena's title didn't fit
Hi all.

I'm not a native English speaker so please excuse any grogginess in my diary-thread-thing here. :eek:

First off, Shroomfest is about my liking of mushrooms and the fungus that's growing up to the ceiling / in my books at my studentplace coz of a ''flood'' we had recently.
It's been a joke between me and Serena for a long time so figured it would be a great name for a maintenance thread <3.

Secondly, I won't be posting too much in this first post as I've just made myself open this after weeks of careful deliberations and I'm unsure what I want to put here :D

Thirdly, I'm not from the UK. The steps up I'm doing are quite different from yours so forgive me for doing it differently. ;-).

I will be starting on 100-150ml/lbs? low fat quark, 2 pieces of fruit, 2 cambridge meals and ''AAM/810'' dinner tomorrow. I have already finished 2 weeks of ''AAM/810''.

My CDC and I have discussed a whole plan for me to follow and she's with me every step of the way (well not literally but... you know :p) and sends me lots of nutrition info through email etc. :) She started me on fruits/low fat quark/yoghurt because of me being very carb sensitive now, obviously, and she thought it would be wiser for me to have fruit-carbs before running on to having bread-carbs. :) She had a very smart story along with it, also mentioning LOW GI etc. and I agreed. My CDC has already emailed me a big list of ''have this regularly, this on exceptional basis, and try to avoid this'' of foods etc etc.

This plan is also different from the Dutch way of doing the steps up but it feels like a right plan and a good thing to do.

I wanted to start this thread because I remember how useful I found other people's threads about this subject and because I hope my struggles etc. in going through the steps / up to maintenance can help others.
I also hope it will help me stay focussed.

Thanks for reading. Back later, for Shroomfest episde 2 :)

xxx

Wrong forum part, in my utter enthusiasm................ *sighs*

Thanks Pierce <3

Last edited:
Soooooo.

Having a good day today :). Bought new clothes yesterday and people compliment me a lot :)

I've had 1 bowl of low fat (0,1grams total fat) lemon quark at around 9:30am which was very very lovely and refreshing. Was about 65kcal for 150ml and is definately something I will be having more. They have lovely flavours so look forward to trying the other flavours.

I've also had 1 big granny smith apple around 11:30.

CD porridge around 13:30

2 plums at 16:00

Salmon + mushroom bake for dinner :)

CD orange bar to have with my tea :D

Not sure about the other kcals but it was on my ''allowed'' list. :)

I LOVE THE FRUIT. FRUIT, FRUIT, FRUIT!!!!!!!!!! I've missed it so much. <33333333

xxx

Wonderful to have a new maintenance diary! Good luck on the next phase of your journey, enjoy discovering new tastes and experiences.

Confession - I am a total fruit junkie, can't get enough of the stuff, it's become my new chocolate :eek::D.

x

Wonderful to have a new maintenance diary! Good luck on the next phase of your journey, enjoy discovering new tastes and experiences.

Confession - I am a total fruit junkie, can't get enough of the stuff, it's become my new chocolate :eek::D.

x

Hi,

Thanks for posting in my super cool fungus thread!! ;-)

Fruit rules. :) I didn't realise I'd missed it that much till I had 2 sorts of fruit today. :) Will be trying other types tomorrow. I used to love strawberries but they don't sell them now, not the time of year... darn I picked a bad time!!! :-( Look forward to the different tastes and to buying a new taste of quark monday lol :))

xxx

Lemon Quark. Oooh, that sounds nice. Wonder if you can get it in the UK

I'm a quark virgin.... what am I missing ladies?? :D

Hi,

Thanks for posting in my super cool fungus thread!! ;-)

Fruit rules. :) I didn't realise I'd missed it that much till I had 2 sorts of fruit today. :) Will be trying other types tomorrow. I used to love strawberries but they don't sell them now, not the time of year... darn I picked a bad time!!! :-( Look forward to the different tastes and to buying a new taste of quark monday lol :))

xxx

Hello my fungus friend! So glad you decided to do the diary after all :)

Fruit rules! :bananalove: :lemon: :greenapple: Can't wait til I join you all in a few weeks.

Glad you are enjoying your first fruity quarky complimentary day. Do your new clothes fit well? (sorry would pm you but it seems to be playing up at the moment and I can't view anything :confused:)

xx

Quark is, or well from what I see and taste, a thick yoghurt lol. Yoghurt with a different texture, bit of a different flavour too but very small difference.

Wikipedia calls it a cheese though, probably because of the thickish texture coz it doesn't taste anything like cheese :D

We have the very low fat lemon quark from a brand called 'campina' but that's a Dutch brand... the branch of the brand making the quark is called 'Optimel'. They do lovely low fat flavoured yoghurt, milk and other things. :)

It's lovely <3

xx

Hello my fungus friend! So glad you decided to do the diary after all :)

Fruit rules! :bananalove: :lemon: :greenapple: Can't wait til I join you all in a few weeks.

Glad you are enjoying your first fruity quarky complimentary day. Do your new clothes fit well? (sorry would pm you but it seems to be playing up at the moment and I can't view anything :confused:)

xx

Hiiiiiiiiiiii my bestestforumfriendfromtheUK :)

Yep, I did it... it was a huge step but yea ;-). I DID IT!

Fruit does rule doesn't it :d It's lovely with everything too, so will be incorporating a lot more fruit in my after-diet-eating-regime :D

My new clothes fit very well, they're lovely and I feel pretty in them :) They're UK size 8/10 (right in the middle probably) and I have top size M now... which is like... ages ago for me :D I'm so happyyyyy <3.

If I work out and train my huge tummy and flabby arms I will fit into them even better ;-).

BOO @ your pm... better not be an excuse for not pmming me; I WILL FIND YOU YOU KNOW!!!!

xxx

Quark is, or well from what I see and taste, a thick yoghurt lol. Yoghurt with a different texture, bit of a different flavour too but very small difference.

I have had quark, but never seen it flavoured over here. Sounds good. Mind you, don't think anything will stop me having my daily greek yoghurt. Fruit and greek yoghurt in my porridge. My favourite meal of the day :)

Lemon quark sounds interesting though. Refreshing :)

Sounds yummy, may have to experiment, especially with the porridge idea! Is it totally tragic that my favourite meal of the day is a bowl of Allbran???

Sorry we have turned your diary into something quite random! ;):D

Mind you, don't think anything will stop me having my daily greek yoghurt.

:drool: Mmmm Greek yoghurt! I have recently swapped my SS+ milk allowance for some Total 0% Greek yoghurt, which I blended into half a strawberry mix-a-mousse today - heaven in a bowl!

Hi,

It is very lovely and refreshing :). I think it would be good with strawberries but couldn't find any of those....... Darn them!!!!!! Stupid fruit ! Hiding like that !!!! :))

It surprised me; think it would be lovely made into lemon quark icecream too for summer. It's refreshing and very low kcal so would be a great way to cool down.. hahah, food thoughts..

Feel free to randomtalk in my thread; I looove random talk :D I'm sure I'd love all bran too. Have you tried all bran plus? The little sticks? Supposedly it's very good but people tell me it's gross and if it is... it isn't worth the money :((

xx

BOO @ your pm... better not be an excuse for not pmming me; I WILL FIND YOU YOU KNOW!!!!

xxx

:eek:

I was gonna say I can run faster than you until I realised that:
a) your legs are about a foot longer than mine meaning longer strides
b) you are full of fruity good carbs so you'll have more energy than me...and
c) your top half will be so much more strapped in than mine that you will have a distinctly unfair advantage over me :D

:eek:

I was gonna say I can run faster than you until I realised that:
a) your legs are about a foot longer than mine meaning longer strides
b) you are full of fruity good carbs so you'll have more energy than me...and
c) your top half will be so much more strapped in than mine that you will have a distinctly unfair advantage over me :D

Hahahah. Only thing missing here is a swimsuit; I could swim your way from here, a few miles..... nothing for a trained slim athlete like me whauwhauhau. *coughs* wuhauhau. :D

Hi all :)

So I went to my grandmothers birthday today! :)

Lemon quark + granny smith apple

CD chocolate shake

Plums

Tuna + veg :)

Grandmothers birthday was nice; was nice seeing family again as it'd been a while. Sad point is they all smoke and I smell like a big cigarette now... shame really.

I got a lot of compliments re my weight but I don't know how to respond to it :s I say thanks but I feel ashamed for accepting it or something?? Maybe not really ashamed.... hard to explain........ Ah well ;-)

More lemon quark tomorrow <33

xx

I doubt many people feel comfortable accepting compliments although you can still feel nice about it in private! You deserve them hunni xx

I doubt many people feel comfortable accepting compliments although you can still feel nice about it in private! You deserve them hunni xx

Hi,

Thanks so much ! <3

I do kind of.. enjoy getting compliments on 1 side but really hate it on another ;-). I got issues accepting them really but on the other hand its nice they noticed and all...

My little niece made me a flower (toiletpaper roll with coloured paper on it and green / toilet paper sticking out of it lol) which was quite sweet :))) She made it in school, grandma got 2 I got 1 ;-) She;s such a doll!

x

Any 'magic' ones?

Hahah not that I know of but if you want to have a bite out of my fungus-wall in studentplace you can try it for me :D

Back