Diary Time!

I am starting to lose my motivation and find this hard, so thought maybe a diary would help. Don't know why, but I'm the same weight as I was 3 weeks ago (a bit of fluctations up and down, but that's it) - I know it's not a 'proper' stall yet, but it's kinda getting me down a bit.

Also, the past couple of days I've been really hungry and my carb cravings (mainly for chocolate) have come back with a vengence! So far resisted, but verrrry tempted..... I don't know whether it's because I've just started an efferescent vitamin that you dissolve in water each day? Maybe I will cut that out, as other than that I've had only meat, eggs, smoked salmon (yum), butter, oils, and allowed veg.

Anyway, this whole diary thing will probably just consist of my boring ramblings, but hoping it may provide me with some sort of focus! Despite constantly thinking of chocolate and cake since yesterday, I am still determined, but am scared of losing that.

Hi Emm and welcome love, maybe there is a little bit of carb creep, or maybe your body is just adjuting, stalls can be so frustrating love

Hey hun, ramble away it is all i do in my diary! I feel your frustration in no really weight loss, so put down all you eat on here just so it can be checked by more experienced people :D, are you clothes losser at all? As thats the way i am doing it, as i am a serial scale hopper, i really didnt want to feel :confused: if i didn't have a loss, could it maybe be near your totm?? i know thats the only time i want chocolate, just a chunk but the craving is there, stay strong hun and look forward to following your diary x x

K8te is right about totm emm, I have been so bloated lately but almost overnight I have dissolved! It could be the vitamin too im on vit d tablets and they contain sugar so I have cut them down on account of all the eggs im now eating!

Hi. It's so good to see you have taken the plunge with a diary. Don't worry about rambling, we all do it. Lol. Have a good read of our diaries.
Great to have you with us. Keep going, just go totally "green and clean" for a while to jump start you. It really does work. :)

Yes, please do hijack my diary! Then I won't feel as though I'm just rambling to myself :p

I'm a bit more positive today, feeling slightly less fat even though the scales haven't moved and I'm not sure my clothes are actually looser..... so prob all in my head, but I can hope! Also, no cravings today. Maybe it's just co-incidence but didn't take the vitamin - i guess it could have been the sweetness of it, or the aspartame that was causing the cravings though? Let's hope so!

I thought I'd post my last few days meals, just in case there's something obvious that I'm missing. Any feedback or constructive criticism very much welcomed!

Every day this week I've had 2 scrambled eggs made with butter and 25g smoked salmon for breakfast. Lunch and Dinner's have been as follows:

Lunch: Prawn salad - made with 120g king prawns, 1 cup iceburg lettuce, 1/6 sliced red chilli, 1/4 chopped cucumber, 1/4 chopped advocado, chopped fresh coriander.
Snack: marks and spencer chargrilled calamari (0.4g carbs)
Dinner: 170g fillet steak, a couple of slices of onion, 50g broccoli, 50g mushrooms, 70g pak choi
According to myfitnesspal I did go over with the carbs today....although not sure of the accuracy - it counts my breakfast as 3g, I am sure this can't be right? Most other days, I am around the 20g mark though.

Lunch: Homemade chicken and vegetable soup, made with 200g chicken breast, 1 courgette, 1 stick of celery, 50g mushrooms, 50g pak choi
Dinner: 200g fresh makerel fillets, fried in butter, served with 80g broccoli and 50g pak choi (both sauteed in olive oil)

Lunch: Chicken salad, made with 200g chicken breast, 1 cup iceburg lettuce, 1 spring onion, and 1/2 chopped cucumber, with 1 tablespoon mayonaise.
Dinner: 200g king prawns, stir fried with 70g pak choi, 60g broccolli, 50g mushrooms, 1/6 red chilli, and fresh coriander

Lunch: Marks and spencer prawn and calamari seafood salad (1g carb), 1 cheesestring, 1/2 cup lettuce
Dinner: 150g pork medallions, fried in butter and olive oil, with 75g chesnut mushrooms and 80g broccolli, with 1 tablespoon double cream

I am also drinking a lot of water - well over 2 litres a day.

Hoping I will just all of a sudden lose a few lbs :) But do you think I should make any major changes?? Or just carry on as I am for a while and try and be patient!

Morning Emm

Your menus look great, really imaginative and with a good amount of leafy greens in there. Perhaps maybe watch things like the onions (high in carbs) and cream, which can stall some people (including me).

Don't know why MFP is giving you three carbs for your brekkie either - anyone else?

Morning Em :)

Food all sounds good! Just be careful on MFP - since added by lots of people on different diets you can get some pretty screwy numbers especially from people less interested in carbs. Also need to know if you are using us or uk entry altho only relevant for items with fibre (i like to use the US system) - i always check that the items make sense before i add them!

Morning Em :)

This may be a stupid question..... but how do I know whether I'm using the US or UK entry system? Also, how many carbs do eggs have in them? (The ones I buy don't have any nutritional info on them, so I went for generic large on MFP - that gives me 2g of carbs for 2 large eggs, which I thought sounded wrong but wanted to be on the safe side.... I may change to a different option for eggs though, and see if it has lower carbs?)

I do try and limit my onion and cream. But love a little fried onion with my steak (*mouth watering*)

Also, good news! 1/2 a lb down today :) I know it's not much, but my weight loss is usually slow. I can tolerate that. It's just when there's no movement or just fluctuations up and down for a few weeks that I start to get fed up. Second day where my cravings are gone, so looks like it could be the vitamins - hopefully I'm getting enough from my veg. Anyway, I have a bit more energy today (have been feeling generally tired and sluggish) so maybe my body's now switching to burning fat properly. That would be nice :)

Thats sounds all great hun, weight loss + more energy + not having cravings = A happier Emmster, have a great day x

Afternoon guys. Disappointed the sun hasn't been out much today, but might try and go for a walk soon.

Thanks Kate :)

I was a bit bad yesterday - went out last night and there was free sparkling wine and finger buffet.... I had two glasses, and I am sure ate some very atkins unfriendly food.... I did manage to avoid the bread , pizza etc., and had quite a few olives but all of the meat was deep fried and breaded. I wasn't quite strong willed enough to resist everything except the olives, and did have several pieces of chicken and calamari, plus a bit of pastry. Not sure how many carbs I ate in the end though?

Weighed myself this morning to see the 'damage' and am now very confused! Seem to be a lb lighter, so not sure what's going on? Not that I'm complaining. I'm hoping it's not just dehydration (only had 2 small glasses of wine and drank a lot of water when I got back) and maybe it's my weight 'catching up' for the few weeks of no scales movement. Although that could be wishful thinking... Anyway, I'm going to be very good today and tomorrow and hope for the best.

Morning em, I don't want to piss you off but I've had that happen to me, only to find the weight gin came the next day, not quite sure how that happens, but your weight will fluctuate daily anyway.

Mmm it can take a day or two to show up - but don't worry, the deed is done, just get the water and leafy greens down you and minimise any damage :)

Hi Jim and Lady F. I really hope not! So far so good.... both yesterday and today were same weight as saturday so hoping I've got away with it.

I tried a MiM for the first time today! I have just invested in some coconut oil, so substituted the butter for 1 tbsp coconut oil and added some salt, pepper, and herbs. I then sliced into four, and fried them in a bit more coconut oil to toast (don't have a toaster), then topped with butter and smoked salmon. Was so yummy. However, even at lunchtime I felt really full. Think I may have ODed on fat and calories at breafast - according to myfitnesspal, it was 650!!! :eek:

Anyway, I ate my prawn salad for lunch, as I thought I ought to, and then had salmon with broccoli and mushrooms for dinner (even though I am sure I can still feel the MiM in my stomach!). So my total calories for the day were 1520 - assuming I don't have any snacks later - which I think is OK. Don't specifically count them, but was just a bit worried I ate too much at breakfast. Next time, I might stick to 1/2 a MiM and maybe dry fry it.

Assuming Friday's little carb mistake doesn't come back to bite me later, I will have lost 1.5lb in the first week of August :D I know its not esp fast, but considering it took me most of July to lose the grand total of 3lb, I am feeling happy.

Well done Em!! :)

Morning em, let's hope you've been lucky then, those mims are filling I find. :)

Evening guys,

Thanks for all the encouragement. Unfortunately, seems I spoke too soon and weight back up again this morning:cry:

I am now REALLY fed up! OK, fair enough I had some carbs fri night and therefore should expect some consequences. But, I am now basically the same weight as I was four weeks ago, so depressing. I am sure I have stuck to the rules every day except friday night - and even then it wasn't as if I had a huge carb binge. Just two small glasses of white wine, 3 small pieces of chicken and 2 calamari!!! Grrr!!! (sorry for the mini rant)

I am now a bit stuck about what could be causing me to not lose anything though - it was only at the weekend that the scales moved downwards after several weeks of minor fluctuations, and seems that was a random response to carbs.

I have cheese now and then - maybe 1-3 times a week and usually only about 20-30g. Also have advocado - 1/2 at a time, and not every week - and olives, again not every week. Should I cut these out completely do you think?

Or maybe I am eating too many calories? Over the weekend, I was very busy and so my meals were a bit messed up - stuck to just meat, eggs, fish, and greens but only managed about 1,000 cal sat and sun (which maybe caused the temporary loss??). But mon was much higher (about 1,600 in the end) and sometimes it can go up to 1,800 or 1,900. I have just started eating 1 tbsp of coconut oil a day, to cook with. This is increasing my fat and calories each day, should I maybe cut this out?

Anyone got any ideas? I seriously don't know what to do, aaargh! I like eating this way, and after the initial couple of weeks or so of having no energy and feeling very tired, my energy is now back up to what it was previously. The only thing I want now is the scales to move downwards (also started measuring, and not losing inches either)

If you got this far, thanks for reading! I am basically just emptying out all my negative thougts on this page!

Back