Did anyone loose slowly at first?

blythe*

Hi There, I'm new. :wave_cry:

I was wondering if anyone lost slowly at first, but accelerated over time on Dukan. I'm on Day 7 of Dukan, Day 2 of Cruise. I had intended to do a 10 day Attack phase, but that was broken yesterday by a lunch with a friend, where I had a salad. I have another lunch scheduled for tomorrow, so I guess I have to accept that my attack was only 6 days, and move on to cruise!

My big problem is that I'm terrified of my scale. I know, I know, I will get on there, I just can't do it yet. There have been instances in the past where the scale so discouraged me that I quit a diet, so I'm afraid to let that happen again. The 165 is a guess. It's probably a high guess, but maybe not. I could be anywhere from 155-170lbs, in my opinion.

Anyhow, I WILL get on the scale, I promise. But in the mean time, I don't look like I've lost anything to me. My clothes seem to fit the same, and I look the same in the mirror. I am very faithful on the diet, and do not cheat. It's possible that I am losing of course, but I guess I was hoping for more during the attack phase? Something even mildly visible?

Did any one else get off to a slow start?

Thanks!
Blythe*

welcome blythe :)

i cant see your stats on my phone but 10 days is quite a lot for attack in any case! did you plug your details in to the dukan site to see how long they recommended for the attack phase?

as you say, it's difficult to tell without jumping on the scales - I didn't notice any dramatic change in the way I looked for some time, but within a few weeks people around me did - the biggest difference was probably in my "bloat", my tummy did feel flatter. dukan recommends weighing frequently at the beginning as seeing the downwards movement on the scales can be so motivating. it sounds as though you're sticking to it brilliantly, so trust the diet! :)

bet the veg was nice & made a nice change - the salad should help with "transit" if you've had any issues there! ;-)

good luck x

Ha - "transit."

I'm one of those classic people that Dukan mentions in the book that will try for all the most difficult thing out of desperation & knowledge of my own limited motivation timeline - so no, I didn't see what was recommended, I just tried for the most possible attack days. But ending up with 6 attack days is just fine.

Thank you for letting me know about your experience - that helps a lot. Hopefully I can get myself to get on the scale in the morning. Or maybe the next morning so that when I weigh for the 2nd time, I will have just finished a protein cycle day. Anyhow - soon. I will get on soon. :)

In the mean time, it gives me some hope that you didn't notice visible changes right away. Right now even my tummy doesn't seem any flatter. Which is really what I was expecting. In the past, I've done VLCDs, and the stomach is the first thing to go. I'm blessed with a naturally thin(ner) waist, but I haven't seen it in a few months! :)

Considering this is just the dawn of week 2, I will give myself a break. I read somewhere recently that it takes 4 weeks for you to notice, 8 weeks for your friends to notice, and 12 weeks for the world to notice. But the quote wasn't diet-specific, it was just meant to be motivating. I think I'll let it do it's job, and strive for that 4 week mark!

Thank you again!!
B*

Hi B
Ive now lost 41 lbs in 18 weeks and Ive consistently lost most weeks 1 to 2 lbs and the occasional shocker of 3 to 4 lbs. I have been 100% on the diet. Everyone is different but you wont know until you are brave enough to get on those scales. Dr D encourages his dieters to get weighed regularly it motivates you even more when you can see it going down. Go on get on them and let us know how you've done :)

Back