Did anyone watch half Ton Son on Channel 4?

I thnk that people will see it and stop doing things like that.

Yeah I hope so! Its like before I was eating prob more than 2000 kcals a day but now on 1200 and its still loads of food (now that I have got used to it!) Before you know it I am the size of a house!!

How long have you been on diet chef babe?

I havnt been on that, i am currently doing my own diet as it seems to work for me at the moment. I am actually awaiting to have a gastric band fitted as i am stuck at a stage where i seem to just maintain and not lose :(

Well if i cant get it with my health insurance then i will do because i am sort of stuck and i need that boost and well it is for life...

How are you getting on?

I started diet chef sun 4th jan! And have lost 6 pounds!! WI day is Sunday! So hoping for a good loss this week too! I actually love it, I am a busy bee so having not to worry about eating healthy food, I can just eat it and so far all the food has been fab!

I just cant understand how you could do that to your own child. he just could not even get out of the chair/bed.

what would he of done if she didnt get him that big mac? gone and got it himself! No he couldnt. why didnt she just get him healthy meals and give him huge portions of that instead.

I suppose it is something ill never understand, I hope people do see it and realise they are doing it so it happens to less people.

She just made me so mad. I always get so upset with these programmes i dont know why i always watch them lol!! Ill stop ranting now! Promise!

it did make me feel better about starting my diet tho! x

Thats the thing i think he would then make her feel guilty and thats not what she wants...she just wants to sort of be his oen and only.

it was just so sad for both of them, it said at the end she had a new job and a new focus i hope it bought her some happiness and him some freedom from being her only focus so that he could make the changes he needed to

I agree, i hope it all went well :D

I watched it and it was sad. As a psychologist and teacher, I agree with the comment above about abuse. This was such abusive behaviour, they were so enmeshed in a negative way. What 19 yr old boy wants his mom wiping his ass because he is too big, ill and tired to do it himself? She did not seem to see what the problem was. Understandingly she lost a child, however, does not logically justify overfeeding the second child so he remained in her control as a baby. Having said that, I use to see similar things when a parent would finally bring an anorexic child to clinic and did not seem to see that they were almost walking dead! (child lived but was admitted immediately with or without parent consent). What a world we live in eh?

Back