Did I waste my money?

Lightning86

Hello Everyone!

Well as some of you know my main source of working out is my Wii Fit+ aswell as alot of walking at work,
Well I decided to treat myself to a Stepper Machine.
Anyway I ended up buying one of these ones.

http://is.gumtree.com/image/big/14377622.jpg

I didn't buy it from Gumtree but thats the same model I bought.

Anyway I was quite happy with my purchase but now I have been told that I wasted my money :( and that it won't do anything for my weight loss/Body Improveing!!
Is this true?
I was told just to sell it on and buy an exercise bike, problem is I really don't have room for an exercise bike :(

any info would be great!!!!!!

Have you got it now and have you used it? If you have had a go and you get your heart rate up then it's working.

I had a lateral thigh trainer (LTT) until the chain broke, then I got a reebok stepper which was similar to the LTT, I find that it's not as good as some other forms of exercise based on raising my heart rate enough but it was easy to stash away when not in use and I figure some sort of moving about is better than nothing.

I've since joined my local gym so haven't used it in a while but now the evenings are darker I can't cycle anymore so the stepper will be coming out again!

Good luck - hope some of that info helped

Sadly I haven't had chance to use it yet, It seem'd perfect cause it fits nicely hidden away for when I'm not using it.
I will be using it tonight tho :)

I would watch the chains on those things, they arent that sturdy and tend to break without much useage, me and my dad were using one, and my dad broke one, and when we got a new one, I broke that one, and I am only 13 and a bit stone so was a little upset when it happened, and also nearly broke my leg trying to keep stable lol!

But they were good up until they broke but it was bad design I thought.

Just had a look at the chain area, and I don't think it will break anytime soon, It's a woven metal cable sealed in plastic, looks quite strong

Steppers, even the ones in the gym, aren't great at getting your heart rate up compared to other pieces of equipment but if that's all you have room for and you're using it then it's better than nothing in my opinion! lol

I Agree - there are certainly other aparatus that will get your heart rate pumping more, but if you dont have time to go to the gym - or have space to get a xtrainer or tredmill - then certainly this would be better than sitting on the sofa eating chocolate :D

Have you looked at Body Magic? that might be a good place to start. I think to get bronze you have to do 45 minutes per week spread over 3 days.

So if you could do 5 minute sessions (during the add break of corrie!) 3 times a day, 3 days a week - keep that up for 4 weeks and you get an award...

obvioulsy if you walk to work or bus stop etc, if that takes 5 mins or more you can use that as one of your 'sessions' for the day.

bronze is the first award for doing x amount of body magic :)

i have used the stepper once or twice at the gym and found it quite pointless and disappointing :( thought it'd make my legs burn but it didn't really, and i got bored after a minute so hit cooldown, lol

x

its better than nothing though, so it will help you! try going for a run and checking your local gym for body attack classes, they are extreme high impact and are great for fat burning!

also, body combat....

both of these classe are hard, both will get you in pain the day after but you'll soon see the effects of them!

Back