Did you fall preg on vlcd or straight after coming off vlcd

cheeseontoast

Hello all. I just wondered how many of you fell pregnant whilst on a vlcd or straight after coming off of one and if so did you find you put on weight very quickly even if you ate sensibly?

I am on cambridge diet at the mo and plan to ttc straight after coming off it. However I have read that my body will hold the fat more because of recently being on a vlcd.

Sorry for the waffle and thanks in advance for any replies.

Last edited:
I was on Lipotrim when I fell pregnant, but there have been women who have fallen pregnant after coming off it. But I fell pregnant whilst on it and I didn't refeed, in fact, I didn't even enquire on whether I needed to refeed or not, as soon as I found out I was pregnant, I just started eating.
I've found that I've gained weight quite quickly due to coming off and eating normally again which alarmed me, but when you're on TFR diets, you gain back the water you lost and plus your body goes into a bit of a shock so holds on to the fat. I intend on going back on Lipotrim once the baby is born, to lose the weight I gain in pregnancy and to finish my journey off.
My advice would be, if you do fall pregnant, find out if you need to refeed, because coming off is the better option because your body needs the extra vitamins etc, but whether you need to still refeed, I'm not sure.

Hi Hun, i was on LT for 8 weeks and came off it, i missed my first cycle after coming off it due to the upheave of changin diet so drastically i think, and then the next cycle i was pregnant...

I ut on about a stone of the 3 i had lost, but then lost 9lbs due to feeling queezy at the beginning...

Slowly crepping back up again now tho, but nothing to worry about, will diet when baby is here!

We had been trying for 8 long years.. with one miscarriage 3 years ago we'd given up hope I'll be honest.
It turns out I fell 2 days before I 'had a break' from CD. We were going away for a few days (staying in a caravan) and well we made the most of being at home before we went.. the rest is history! ;) I knew it was in the 'region' of my ovulation dates but as I'd failed to hit the jackpot on those for 8 years it was only an observation and not one I shared with DH. I can only assume I don't have a regular ovulation and that CD maybe changed it to a more normal routine for me (?) but that is my guess.

Whatever.. I'm over the moon and every lb I've gained I've earned as I've not watched what I've eaten and know I'll lose it again after.

Slimming world is good during pregnancy if you have the willpower ;)

Oh i hope so hun, that would be lovely!!

Everything crossed for you! hopefully you will pop by anyway and let us know how you are gettin on

:)

xxx

fingers x'd for you! ((hugs))

With my last pg I put on well over 5 stone and by the end of my first trimester I'd already put on a stone.. I struggled like crazy to lose weight while bf and was still the same weight (well, heavier by about 10lbs actually) on my baby's first birthday than I was the day I came out of hospital after having her!! I then started cd and lost 4 stone over the next 2.5 months and had started working up through the plans when I found out I was pg with this one! I'm now 12 weeks and I've only put on 6.5lbs this time - and 4lbs of that was in the last week alone because of a holiday at disney so it was only 2.5lbs up until week 11! I've been careful but not overly restrictive so you can do it - I'd spent a week on 810 and a week on the 1000 plan before coming off when I got a bfp so it wasn't like I'd worked up through the plans properly either! The only gain I had was that I lost 3lbs in the week on the 1000 plan and put them back on again the next week but 3lbs is hardly the end of the world!!

Good luck!!

similar story, was 5 stone overweight, lost 4 of that on cd, took a break over Xmas, had just started back on it and found out I was expecting. Have put lots that I lost back on, but I'm def. carrying it on my front, we'll have to see how much of it is baby, fluid and uterus after this Christmas lol!

With my last pg I put on well over 5 stone and by the end of my first trimester I'd already put on a stone.. I struggled like crazy to lose weight while bf and was still the same weight (well, heavier by about 10lbs actually) on my baby's first birthday than I was the day I came out of hospital after having her!! I then started cd and lost 4 stone over the next 2.5 months and had started working up through the plans when I found out I was pg with this one! I'm now 12 weeks and I've only put on 6.5lbs this time - and 4lbs of that was in the last week alone because of a holiday at disney so it was only 2.5lbs up until week 11! I've been careful but not overly restrictive so you can do it - I'd spent a week on 810 and a week on the 1000 plan before coming off when I got a bfp so it wasn't like I'd worked up through the plans properly either! The only gain I had was that I lost 3lbs in the week on the 1000 plan and put them back on again the next week but 3lbs is hardly the end of the world!!

Good luck!!

Thanks for your reply. Your post is really reassuring. Can I be really nosey and ask what weight you got down to before finding out you were pregnant?

similar story, was 5 stone overweight, lost 4 of that on cd, took a break over Xmas, had just started back on it and found out I was expecting. Have put lots that I lost back on, but I'm def. carrying it on my front, we'll have to see how much of it is baby, fluid and uterus after this Christmas lol!

Thanks for your reply and good luck with the rest of your pregnancy.

Thanks for your reply. Your post is really reassuring. Can I be really nosey and ask what weight you got down to before finding out you were pregnant?

I had wanted to get down to 11 stone at the least, preferably 10.5 stone but I found out I was pg before getting to goal - here are my weights thus far in my pg copied from my diary thread!

Week 4 171.6lb (12st 3.6lb)
Week 5 169.2lb (12st 1.2lb)
Week 6 172.4lb (12st 4.4lb)
Week 7 172.8lb (12st 4.8lb)
Week 8 172.6lb (12st 4.6lb)
Week 9 171.8lb (12st 3.8lb)
Week 10 173.0lb (12st 5lb)
Week 11 174.2lb (12st 6.2lb)
Week 12 176.2lb (12st 8.2lb) (after week at disney!!)

Back