Did you gain over the holiday ??

fillymum

synful soul
I know I did. Just 2lbs but enough to have put me back on plan today.

Quite honestly I am surprised it is only 2lbs as I have enjoyed every mouthful of food and drink I have had. I think I have got off quite lightly.

Bring on the roasted vegetables, the chilli veg stew, the quorn burgers, the big pan of leek and potato soup........I am ready for it and glad to get back to good, healthy, clean tasting food.

I have weigh in tonight and think I have gained about 3lb's (my scales are within a half a pound of classes scales - usually) - so I am very disappointed in myself - this will be the FIRST gain I have had on SW since I started on 11th August and to be truthful I am struggling with the idea of having a gain!

I know it's been christmas and I thought it would be OK to gain over Christmas but I really am finding it hard to comprehend, I have even thought about missing class.

I am back on SW (properly yesterday) my gain has come from just overeating on Christmas eve, Christmas Day and part of Boxing Day so 3lb's will be a lot for 2.5 days worth of 'rubbishy' food - because I also can't say, apart from my Christmas dinner that I have enjoyed the food - I have had acid reflux and feelings of being so bloated and uncomfortable - and even feeling exceptionally sick on Boxing night !

Anyway, moan and winge over - I was back on SW yesterday and WILL go to class tonight to face the music but really AM NOT happy with myself at all.

Sorry to moan on.

Wish you all good luck for todays weigh-ins.

Gilly x

So far so good, but I don't WI until Thursday. I've stayed within my syns and I know I shouldn't but weighed myself yesterday & I was 1lb lighter than on normal WI days, however, this is no indication of what will be the result on Thursday. I think what has helped me is eating different foods, normally my syns go on wine & choc, but since last WI & over the Christmas period they've gone on; cream, mince pies, christmas pud, nuts, & just a few chocs and wine:D

Yes, 2lbs so far. It is stupid that I am upset and annoyed about it, it was inevitable of course but makes me want to get on plan as soon as I can... which won't be for a few days anyway.

Remember that some of any gain you see will be retained water from eating richer foods than you might normally have! Unless you really have eaten an extra 3,500 calories per added lb!

Oh pants I was doing so well until my OH's parents brought us lots of naughty food and I have trouble resisting, grrr. There is a tin of loads of little chocolate, chocolate mergine type biscuits, reindeer medium size mould of chocolate, sesame seed sticks, duck in fat. Why do people do this when your on a diet, I am greatfl of the thought. But it is also annoying as they know your trying to lose weight, I would much perfer nothing and enjoy staying on track gives me much more pleasure :)

I STS so far, but I have been a bit watchful, was lucky that I didn't buy lots of crap to start with and we are soo far away from UK family who usually give us tins of choccys, biscuits, cheeseboards, all their leftovers, etc etc. I am even measuring out my odd Vodka, when before I would just slosh it in, hehehe!!

Usually I regain around 5 to 10 lbs this time of year, so this STS is really a HUGE achievement for me....roll on January 1st though.........

Diva x

Have I put on? Oh yes! Am I stressing out? No cos I know as soon as I get back to class at the end of the week I'll lose it!

I lost 1.5lbs :angel09:

Although think a lot of that was down to having the lurgy on the run up to christmas

officially it was 2.5lb's ON - yuk.

BUT.............. just had a great girls night in with about 15 of us from class as our class couldn't go ahead because of a burst pipe, the C changed it to her house and it was a lovely night.

So - although I am back on track, it's full steam ahead to be UNDER 11 stones next week which means 3.5lb's loss this week - thats going some for me, but I KNOW I CAN DO IT.

Gilly x

I'm weighing in tomorrow morning, and it HAS to be a gain. If I stay within my current stoneage, I'll be very happy (up to 3.5lb gain), anything between 3.5lb and 7lb gain I'll be okaaaaaay with. As someone else has said, a lot of it is bound to be water retention which should shift fairly quick. Whatever I gain will come off again once I'm back on plan, and I've had a bloody good Christmas to show for it!!

I STS so far, but I have been a bit watchful, was lucky that I didn't buy lots of crap to start with and we are soo far away from UK family who usually give us tins of choccys, biscuits, cheeseboards, all their leftovers, etc etc. I am even measuring out my odd Vodka, when before I would just slosh it in, hehehe!!

Usually I regain around 5 to 10 lbs this time of year, so this STS is really a HUGE achievement for me....roll on January 1st though.........

Diva x

Fantastic, so well done as in America there must be even more temptation in the Supermarkets than in the U.K. Your losses so far have been really good.

Oh pants I was doing so well until my OH's parents brought us lots of naughty food and I have trouble resisting, grrr. There is a tin of loads of little chocolate, chocolate mergine type biscuits, reindeer medium size mould of chocolate, sesame seed sticks, duck in fat. Why do people do this when your on a diet, I am greatfl of the thought. But it is also annoying as they know your trying to lose weight, I would much perfer nothing and enjoy staying on track gives me much more pleasure :)

You will get back on track chick, you know you will, you have that extra ingredient.......determination.:)

Have I put on? Oh yes! Am I stressing out? No cos I know as soon as I get back to class at the end of the week I'll lose it!

Great attitude the best in fact and I feel exactly the same. I have enjoyed what I have had, I knew what I was doing so now back to business.

I'm weighing in tomorrow morning, and it HAS to be a gain. If I stay within my current stoneage, I'll be very happy (up to 3.5lb gain), anything between 3.5lb and 7lb gain I'll be okaaaaaay with. As someone else has said, a lot of it is bound to be water retention which should shift fairly quick. Whatever I gain will come off again once I'm back on plan, and I've had a bloody good Christmas to show for it!!

Me too............ a great one. Why spoil it by beating ourselves up. It is done, it is over and now it's time to get back on track,

I have gained 4.5lbs over 2 weeks eeek! I knew before though as I could already feel my clothes were a little tighter.

Had a night out last night (lots of alcohol) so being dehydrated on the scales prob didn't help much either?! Who am I kidding....I ate loads over Christmas and can't wait t get back on track xx

I have gained 4.5lbs over 2 weeks eeek! I knew before though as I could already feel my clothes were a little tighter.

Had a night out last night (lots of alcohol) so being dehydrated on the scales prob didn't help much either?! Who am I kidding....I ate loads over Christmas and can't wait t get back on track xx

You can do it !!!! Think of your poor mare lol !!! She won't thank you for the gain.

It is lovely to see you back..........

hugs xxx

I feel awfully pure as I lost 1.5lbs BUT I only had xmas day off (4 puddings - yes really!) and then got the lurgy and haven't felt like eating much. Can't believe it really as I'd planned to have a couple of days off and I haven't been able to enjoy them so I think I may be due a day of indulgence around new year!

I have put on 1lb, but that is from the last 2 weeks of not weighing myself and being at best very slack about actually following plan and at worst drunk and very full. So overall pretty pleased!

Back