Did you Know that .. Random facts and other useless knowledge.

DYKT...Sharks and rays are the only animals known to man that don't get cancer. Scientists believe this has something to do with the fact that they don't have bones, but cartilage.

Malc-D said:
Dykt ..'Kemo Sabe' means soggy shrub in Navajo

Ha ha! That is going to be my new nickname for the old man! Keep em coming Malc! Love it :)

mrstaylor ... I just noticed you tortoise and hare quote, so in honour of that..

Dykt... turtles can breathe through their bums ;)

Malc-D said:
mrstaylor ... I just noticed you tortoise and hare quote, so in honour of that..

Dykt... turtles can breathe through their bums ;)

So can my old man!! Teehee

Princess_Stevie said:
Is it? I always thought it was a herb!

Strictly speaking it is because the 'tree' isn't a tree!

DYKT some people who ought to know better say that glass is a liquid! Because the molecular structure is not uniform! My sons teacher is spouting this as fact! Even though many eminent scientists have explained why this is and all agree that glass is a solid!
Of course it's the difficulty in getting imperial data isn't it... With glass being so rare etc!

carrying on with the above ..

Dykt .. tomatoes and cucumbers are fruits

On a theme...
DYKT Rhubarb is a vegetable. A blackberry is in fact a cluster of berries as each berry contains a seed. So are Raspberries, each seed pod is called a 'drupelet'

Not for the faint hearted.........

Apparently pigs orgasm for up to half an hour!

heres the intresting thing.. it's both ;) .. bannanas have seeds on the inside so it's a berry. but it grows on a plant and not a tree and doesn't have a wood type stem, so it's a herb.. crazy huh ;)

The mind boggles!!

Back