Diet Chef during pregnancy what do you think?

Hi there,

I am 17 weeks pregnant at the moment and a good 7 stone overweight already! I had major complication during labour with my toddler i would say due to my weight at the time and i weigh more now than i did the last time!

I am considering following the Diet Chef diet for the rest of my pregnancy, however my OH is getting his knickers in a twist slightly as it says on the website "not suitable for pregnant women" which yes normally i would agree if you were and average sized pregnant woman!

But, My docs, consults and midwives have all advised me to try and lose a bit or at least try to stay the same weight, but i am already starting to put on weight again...

I've heard good things about this diet, I can eat 3 meals a day, snacks and add veg to the meals etc... So i wont go hungry, I'm going to get all the nutrients that me and baby need, Yes its "only" 1200 cals but me losing weight maybe 20lbs and eating a healthy 1200 cals a day is surely better for both me and the baby than to put on yet another 20lbs!

Just wondered what you guys think, Im off to the docs this afternoon with OH to see what they think too... But i'll probably do it anyway...

The food looks yummy!

Oh and well done on peoples weight losses so far! (ive been a lurker for a few weeks hehe)

No, not a good idea at 1,200 cals. Seriously, especially in early pregnancy you don't want to be messing about as it's not just a case of weight and fat, but nutritional content of your diet.

Speak to your doc and professionals and point the diet out to them but chances are you would have to eat extra to make up calories. I'm not pregnant and have been advised to eat 1,800 cals due to being 19 stone.

Imho, it is better safe than sorry :)

Let us know what you decide *hugs*

And Congrats :D

Thanks Caroline :) Were both over the moon hehe, Will let you know what they say maybe 1200 is abit too low? How are you making up the extra cals to 1800?

Hope you got on okay at the docs :)

At the moment I'm taking a break and calorie counting - I've been yoyoing and cheating so needed a change. I was struggling trying to do 1,200 and failing.

When I get back on DC I plan to supplement it with pasta, sweet potatoes, etc. as well as Muller Corners of which I'm rather too fond :)

Back