Diet Chef

Go you!!

That's fab stuff :clap::clap:

xxx

I stuck my order in for this the day they launched the veggie hamper and OMG it's delicious!!

I travel a lot with work and what I love most is that I can stick the pouches in a (big!) thermos with boiling water and and hour later it's piping hot - no begging hotel staff for microwaves, no having to mix icky shakes with handblender until the lumps are out. The veg pasta was fab and full of really chunky veg. Wish the snack bars were bigger, and suspect I am having too big a potion of granola, but it's ideal for travellers - I may even be able to stick to this one, it seems so easy. (Says me on day 2, lol - been here before!)

Will need to try a week when I'm using public transport, and see how heavy a weeks food makes my suitcase though...

I've been on diet chef properly for two weeks now. but cheated my first week so never put on but never lost any either...I love the granola so much I even eat it with yoghurt now(and I hate yoghurt)...I have heaps of energy and my body feels good...I feel full and don't need so much to eat and because its just a low calorie diet if i go out I just eat something healthy like nandos chicken pitta with no mayo and a green salad...and skip my evening meal...i had no headaches..will weigh in tommorow and give you my weight loss

I just got complemented by one of my colleagues.He said I was 'glowing' and I feel really good and healthy..I'm going to weigh myself on the Wii fit tonight and have a work out so will probably report back sometime this weekend or on the Monday..Keep on trucking

Hi guys.

I've moved on to low GI - my own meal and snack choices - after a few weeks of Atkins. The low carbing helped to reduce both my appetite and my craving for sweet things and I lost 10lb. I realised that a lot of this was water so I began to slowly reintroduce fruit and the odd slice of bread. The regain over one week was 4lb and after a few days of low GI foods this has already fallen by 2lbs.

I need to persevere now and try to eat for health and strength as well as keeping an eye on carb intake. As anyone who has dieted long-term will know, maintaining this balance over time can be a killer.

Atkins is easy at first, mostly because of the appetite suppressant effect of ketosis, but after a couple of weeks I start to feel a bit washed-out and I crave, of all things, fruit and veg as well as the occasional sugary treat.

Good luck everyone! Will keep you all posted on my continued losses, if any. If I get stuck again I might eat a little more for two days then a little less for the next two - my old fave plateau buster.

Last edited:
Still low GI. No diet is easy and this one is no exception but I will stick with it.

I have never heard of Diet Chef, Anyone still on it?

I am on day 2...and coming from a long history of LL, CD (and tried W8) this is a piece of cake (pardon the pun LOL).
I feel full up and good!!
I have told myself that this time I am not on a diet but I have changed my way of eating.
Friends have asked why I dont cook that way myself, but to be honest I dont want to think about it...with Diet chef all the thinking is taken out!!
I'm happy!! (I just hope the losses are as good as they say!!!)

I'm still there - lost a few days due to stomach flu so can't claim my loss was the diet - but it's a doddle to follow so far. Will do a proper weigh in next week but looks like a slow 1-2 lbs a week so far.

They've changed the granola so it comes in single serve bags now which can only be good for me cos I'll overeat anything given a chance... absolutly no self control required after next delivery on Monday!!

Absolutely loving it!! (well I didnt like the Goats cheese and Red pepper soup...)
But I had a sneak on the scales and so far if my eyes are not deceiving me....7lbs down since wednesday!!!! woooo:p

yes - they're ready to drink. the box looks a bit like what used to be Asda own brand. they aren't amazing but taste ok, not as thick as slimfast, but again (the deal clincher for me) need no equipment and fit in my work bag!

Not raving, but they do the job.

Good luck Minimoo...I am on day 6 today and am loving every minute of Diet chef!!
I have up to today lost 9lbs!!
Its great..hope u enjoy!!:)

:happy036: OMG Red - thats amazing!!! Well done!!

I'm just loving the idea of someone else buying and cooking it - then I don't have to spend all day trying to dream up something delicious to make with boring ingredients! Its a perfect solution for me!

Are you drinking loads of water with this or isn't it really necessary? and what about tea and coffee (milk no sugar) is that ok?

Diet chef recommend at least 1ltr of water a day so thats not to bad...quite easy after the 4ltrs I used to do with LL and CD!!
Milk allowance is 125ml of semi slimmed milk, so you can have nice tea and coffee...sugar is a no no but sweetners are fine....canned diet drinks are fine too... Hope that helps...
I just had my Chilli con carne...
mmmmmmmmm LOL

I know its mad!!
I have been totally satisfied all the time...
I still get tempted but cos its not out of hunger now I can ignore it....
Typical day has been...

Breakfast: Granola and yogurt

Snack: Nak'd bar

Lunch: Soup (Pea & Ham is best and most filling!!)

Snack: Small banana

Dinner: Meal pack

Snack: 1 Kiwi fruit or a Plum

Plus: 1.5ltr water

I'm so inspired to read your successes, RED!
I go to my LL maintenance class tomorrow so that will be my first weigh in and provide my start weight. I don't have scales at home and have skipped class for a month so not sure what I weigh right now - been on holiday and got married so I suspect it's more than my last weigh-in!
Anyway, after Day 1 of DietChef I'm feeling good, but I wish I had a true start weight - I'm hoping for maybe 5lbs in my first week. A good step towards my 1 stone goal.

Keep it up everyone!

Isie x

Hello all, another newbie here, just started Diet Chef & found Minimins too. Have just posted on other diets and then found this thread in GI Diets.

Only started yesterday but loving it so far, have just done 2 wks on CD (used CD in the past) but really struggle to do it again and so am giving Diet Chef a go to lose around a stone. So I'm not expecting massive losses, especially as I shifted over half a stone on CD but slow & steady will be find and if after 28 days I've lost most of my remaining stone I'll be very happy, especially as this really doesn't feel like a diet. Not hungry and lovely food to eat - heaven.

My only problem so far has been a horrendous caffeine withdrawal headache. I'm a fussy bu**er and don't like instant coffee and usually have cappuccino's galore during the day and whilst CDing I just made up an espresso and mixed that in with the Cappuccino shake for breakfast and the Choc Velvet for lunch, so that gave me my coffee fix, but now I can't do that and so haven't had a coffee in over 24 hours - eek and oh boy have I suffered. Had a banging headache since yesterday evening and taken loads of Nurofen, it's still there but not so bad now, I just hope I don't wake up with it tomorrow. I really needed to cut down on my coffee anyway, so this is will make me do it. Drinking loads of (decaf) tea though and like green tea too so will have some of that for variety.

Have to decide which of my lovely meals to have for dinner tonight now - may try the Mushroom Stroganoff, although after reading this, I'm tempted by the meatballs - they sound yummy. :)

Back