Diet coke chicken/fanta chicken

spo

How long do you find it takes the sauce to reduce to sticky?

The first time I made it, it took 90 minutes and by that time the chicken had gone rubbery!

The second time i kept the chicken out and browned it, planning to add it after an hour or so, but the sauce thickened much faster!

I'm wondering if I'm doing something wrong!

I made Fanta chicken for the first time yesterday! - Loved it!

I simmer everything in the pan with a lid on for about 30 minutes, stiring now and again.

I think it's best to judge yourself, I normally just add a little more passata and stir, then simmer again. (It looked ready after about 45 minutes) :)

(Another option is to add an oxo cube - veg one, that normally thickens it up)

I quite liked the sauce a little thinner, only because I made it with rice, so it wasn't a dry meal, but I think it's just to personal preference :)

I take it your chicken was OK? Don't know why mine went hard/rubbery!

Yeah, my chicken was lovely, if anything it was too soft - literally falling apart.

Maybe it depends on the type of chicken you use? I got fresh chicken from Aldi, cut into big chunks and cooked long and slow.

Not 100% sure, with these types of recipes as you make them more and more, you find your own little ways to do things, and I'm sure next time the chicken will be perfect ;)

Thanks, i just used chicken breast but can't remember if it was from the butcher or tesco!

I'm definitely going to try it again, a friend advised using sugar free sprite to make honey chilli!

Honey Chilli Chicken

2-3 Chicken breasts diced
1 tsp lazy chilli
1tsp lazy garlic
500ml diet 7up or sprite
5 tbsp tomato puree
1 tbsp worcester sauce
1 tbsp soy sauce
5 tbsp sweetener
onions, mushrooms, peppers or any veg you fancy

1. Coat the chicken in chill and garlic and cook 90% of the way through
2. Make the sauce separately in a jug using 7up, tomato puree, worceter sauce, soy sauce and sweetener, mixing well.
3. Add to the chicken and veg and bring to the boil. Simmer for 45 minutes until it thickens

Honey Chilli Chicken

2-3 Chicken breasts diced
1 tsp lazy chilli
1tsp lazy garlic
500ml diet 7up or sprite
5 tbsp tomato puree
1 tbsp worcester sauce
1 tbsp soy sauce
5 tbsp sweetener
onions, mushrooms, peppers or any veg you fancy

1. Coat the chicken in chill and garlic and cook 90% of the way through
2. Make the sauce separately in a jug using 7up, tomato puree, worceter sauce, soy sauce and sweetener, mixing well.
3. Add to the chicken and veg and bring to the boil. Simmer for 45 minutes until it thickens

that sounds lovely

We love the coke chicken and i prefer mine to have a lil sauce x never tried the chilli chicken one but its now on my list to try

I've tried Diet Coke Chicken, Fanta Orange Zero Chicken and Fanta Lemon Zero Chicken; all came out delicious and I love how simple it is to make an entirely different tasting dish. I found the orange Fanta came out a little like sweet and sour sauce which was nice.

It usually takes me around 45 minutes to get the sauce in a position where I like it, stickyish but not so much that there's not enough left in the pan for dressing! Always use fresh chicken too.

Back