Diet Coke + slowing weight loss?

Hey, I gave up Diet Coke for lent, and my weight loss was much higher, lost over 8lbs since start of Lent. I used to drink at least 2litres a day, so I would say personally it did effect my weight. I drink sprite zero now, and feel ten times better. Will not be going back on the diet coke after Lent

i have being doing the same trying to give up fizzy drinks for lent. i used to to drink 2 litres a day of full sugar coke and then one and a half litres of pepsi max a day.

i did break it for two days[due to my birthday]:cry::sigh:. i plan to break it on easter sunday[so it won't cause a fuss ] then back onto it onto the friday to make up for the days i missed

i am also trying to give up sweets, pancakes, buscuits, cakes, chocolate and takeaways[but not ready meals, scones, chips+ wedges from deli counter ]

unforutately what i gained in trying to give all this up i have made up for in drinking more juice and eating more bread and my exercise has not being great. so i haven't lost any weight:sigh:..i am not doing lent to lose weight [though i obviously want to] but as penance[and obviously pepsi max and junk food are big vices of mine so big penance for me to give up]

i need to try and limit my fizzy drinks as i am on a budget as well as i have acid erosion on my teeth

good luck to you all. its so hard to give up fizzy drinks

try just having one a day, as a treat. drink lots of water with sugar free cordials Ice cold water and cordials are way more thirst quenching than diet coke xx

Back