Diet Coke ...

juju_doll

juju_doll
Just read on someone's post that you can drink diet coke on this diet? Is that true? (please say yes!!)

This is a good question and as far as I remember is that it is okay to have a glass a day if you must, but no more.

I must look for the answer of one of the CDC for this.

Hi there - yes, it is sort of ok to have a very small amount of Diet Coke (preferably Coke Zero) on a vlcd, but do be careful as a) it can kick off cravings and b) SOME people can be knocked out of ketosis by the citric acid in it.

So yes, in very small doses - go ahead.

Hi Juju

You should ensure that you are fully in ketosis. If you do have diet coke be aware the flavouring, etc can kick off craving, and if you have coke made with citric acid it can for some people kick them out of ketosis. Up your water intake, and have no more than half a pint a day, and be prepared for any consequences.

:D I love Diet Coke and thought nothing of drinking 4litres a day minimum (I don't drink tea or coffee) :eek: but am glad not to have it anymore as it's made me kick caffeine! :)

BUT , if you have to have fizz I would totally recommend Perfectly Clear, Strawberry & Kiwi flavour only. It's allowed on CD and is scrummy!:D I drink it pint for pint with my water. You can get it at Asda 78p for 2 litre bottle. Lovely alternative to DC which I was told could kick me out of ketosis and to be honest, as much as I love it, no way am I going to risk that for a can of Diet Coke! :eek:

:D I love Diet Coke and thought nothing of drinking 4litres a day minimum (I don't drink tea or coffee) :eek: but am glad not to have it anymore as it's made me kick caffeine! :)

BUT , if you have to have fizz I would totally recommend Perfectly Clear, Strawberry & Kiwi flavour only. It's allowed on CD and is scrummy!:D I drink it pint for pint with my water. You can get it at Asda 78p for 2 litre bottle. Lovely alternative to DC which I was told could kick me out of ketosis and to be honest, as much as I love it, no way am I going to risk that for a can of Diet Coke! :eek:

I absolutely hate the water flavourings as I dont find them palatable at all.

This is the first I have heard of the Perfectly clear strawberry and kiwi fruit drink and I just wondered if I could drink as much of this as I want per day instead of ordinary water, which I am a bit sick of right now :)

If you do have diet coke make sure its coke zero as this has no citric acid n it.

As far as I know the perfectly clear isn't actually officially allowed on CD (someone else correct me if i'm wrong). But when I was on SS I drank tons of the stuff, stayed in ketosis and lsot well every week

As far as I know the perfectly clear isn't actually officially allowed on CD (someone else correct me if i'm wrong). But when I was on SS I drank tons of the stuff, stayed in ketosis and lsot well every week

I haven't heard that it's officially allowed either - but if it's not knocking people out of ketosis, even when drunk in large quantities, then YAY!! lol

Back