Diet confirmation

Camus42

hi i am 17 years old and 13 stone (just fat, little muscle) so I need to lose weight. After looking on the Internet I've come up with a ~1450 calorie diet with most of the stuff from waitrose, but not entirely sure if its good enough to lose weight. (Note: I am now doing swimming twice a week for around 40 mins each session, starting to lift very light (1kg) dumbbells for a short period once every two days and do a couple racquet games sessions at school as my afternoon activities so I won't be just doing nothing). Anyway here it is (just for 1 day) with info I got from websites or the packaging:

Breakfast:
200ml semi skimmed milk - 100kcal

1 hard boiled egg - 60kcal, 5g fat(1g sat), 70mg sodium, 67mg potassium, 186mg cholesterol

Orange

Break-time:
Banana - 90 calories

Lunch:
Heston carrots - 81kcal, 5.2g fat(3.34g sat), 6.7g carb, 0.58g protein, 2.43g fibre, 0.171g sodium.

2 wholewheat slices w/ 1/2 cheese slice each - 178kcal, 5.90g fat (3.4g sat), 5.4g carb (3.6g sugar), 8.7g protein, 3.4g fibre, 0.14g sodium, 125mg calcium.

Waitrose raspberry&rhubarb yoghurt - 100kcal, 1.18g fat(0.71g sat), 17.45g carb, 5.0g protein, 1.88g fibre, 0.075g sodium, 173.88mg calcium
Fresh fruit packet

Afternoon snack:
1 apple
1 orange
Monster Munch (~22g) - 108kcal, 5.5g fat(0.5g sat), 13.0g carb (0.7g sugar), 1.5g protein, 0.3g fibre, 0.15g sodium

Dinner:
Waitrose smoked salmon flakes (100g) - 234kcal, 15.0g fat (3.8g sat), 0.08g carb (0.08g sugar), 24.7g protein, 0.08g fibre, 0.46g sodium

Activia fat free yoghurt (125g) - 67 kcal, 0.1g fat(small sat), 9g carb (8.6g sugar), 5.9g protein, 3.3g fibre, 0.1g sodium, 205mg calcium

I am also thinking of taking musclepharm shed matrix as prescribed (before breakfast and lunch) as an appetite suppressant as everyone said its good and better than most.

Last edited:
Also, I don't have time or money to make really fancy healthy foods so if there are better alternatives, I will only be looking for things you could buy in a supermarket (pref. waitrose). Thanks :)

Why only waitrose may I ask?...

I think you need to eat more for breakfast and dinner and ensure your diet is varied.
Eat at least 5 portions of fruit and veg, bulk up meals with these.
Maybe have porridge with fruit and honey for breakfast to fill you up, you will need it for all those sports!!
Drink lots of water, 8 + glasses a day.
As long as you buy fresh foods and prepare with little fat you should do fine.....oh, and skip the monster munch, they are just empty calories, save them for treats, don't plan them into your diet. And if you want a treat eg some desert after a meal, just have a very, very small slice.
Good luck.:)

Thanks for the help Emma :) I've added in a fruit packet that I can buy at school which contains a bit of fruit in them (is that fine?) will try getting porridge for some days of the week when I do sports. Btw this is just for Monday so I will just mix up the main meals anyway for other days - if anyone's got any suggestions then thanks :) - and leave the fruit as it is for each day.

Back