Diet Disaster at Camelot!!!

lovelyle

Well title says it all really!!

Yesterday was Day 4 for me and as the children were off due to strike, it was also my nephews birthday we ended up going on an impromptu day out to Camelot. I didnt have any tetras so had my shake before we went and plenty of water throughout day and took a small white and green meal. Everything was going fine until about 3.30 when I started to feel awful, kept drinking water walking round still feeling funny and then.....I woke up in the first aid room at Camelot!!!!

Don't remember a thing but apparently I fainted and was out for about 2 mins, then fainted again!! They had me on a blood pressure monitor and it was very low and were on about calling an ambulance and trying to feed me mars bars!! I eventually came round enough to explain about my vlcd and the woman there just went ballistic at me!! Felt like a little kid!!

I had another chicken salad because she said I would have to eat something see if it helped or theyd cart me off the hospital!!

After the food I felt fineish and just carried on walking round slowly.

Now my dh is going mental saying I shouldnt be on a vlcd as got 3 kids to look after and active job and couls be doing myself damage!!

I have stuck to it since and Im feeling okay just worried it will happen again, anybody else experienced this, do you think its ok?

Sorry for long post!!

Le xxx

Wow, that sounds scary! If I were you I would speak to your CDC ASAP and think about moving up to 810. If you have a busy job and lifestyle it might just be too little calories for your body to function.

I know we all prioritise weight loss but your health is the most important thing. X

Omg so scary I hope your ok.

I have heard about this happening before, one of my friends who did the diet (and lost 9stone) it happened to her but I think you should defently speak to your cdc. It is healthy but obviously u need more calories to function.

How you feeling now? Hope your ok xx

Thanks girls. I have spoken to CDC who said I might need to go up a plan, even if its just to ss+ so thats what I'm doing from now on!!

I feel fine today, a bit lethargic but okay!

I am worried about the effect it will have on my losses really. Also I am not having my 1st weigh in now until 9th July!! My cdc is away which I knew so bought 2 weeks worth but she was meant to be going until Monday so she said she could nip over and weigh me sunday evening but now she cant!! Really hope I can stick to it without a weigh in!!!

I have the packs and going to go and get some ss+ food after work so I am gonna give it my best!!

Thanks again xx

i agree if you are busy you need to be on ss+ i have 2 kids and am active alot and my cdc moved me up quite quick even though i was having alot of ss+ meals before i actually went on it proper.
hope you are ok hun. i can see why your dh is concerned but i also know how important this will be to you. maybe the comprise of moving up will help.

Hope your feeling ok how scary!!
I'm on wk 2 and so far have lost 10 lb which is great. Up until today I have done so well but this morning woke up feeling extremely dizzy and light headed and as the day has gone on feeling sick and pretty terrible I have txt my CDC asking for advice but still no reply. Husband going mad at me telling to listen to my body and stop thinking about the weight loss as a priority. So I have ate a small piece of chicken and had a small glass of full sugar pepsi god felt stuffed on such little amount but hoping I pick up a bit.
I too am a full time working mum of 3 I'm now questioning is this too extreme for me and should I change my diet to healthy and exercise im sooo confused with what I want to do and what I should do :(

I work full time and have two kids and two lots of elderly parents who need looking after. Like most I was light headed a lot in the early days but found it passed after a while. I also find (may only be psychological) that a bar helped if I was feeling squiffy jenx

I think its very early days for you both. You are best to start at a normal time not an extra busy one, the first two weeks can be very up and down feeling tired , dizzy etc. Once ketosis kicks in its a different story so much energy you wonder where it came from, cant believe its from 3 shakes!
Keep in touch with your CDC as they will have more info.
Best of luck to you both, this is not the easiest of diets to start with!xx

lovelyle, I am sorry you are feeling bad. Are you sure you are not dehydrated. I have had a hard time drinking the recommended amount of water at first but I am getting used to drinking a lot per day. What you decribed is how I felt in week 2 until I realized that I was dehydrated. I should have gotten the clue when my lips started to peel a lot about 2-3 days before I realized what was going on. I never really fainted but was on the verge. I had no energy. It took about a week to recover from that. I hope you can stick with this but ultimately you have to do what you think is best for you.

Do ss+ I haven't noticed much difference in losses in fact some of my ss+ losses are better than ss. A friend of mine on cd is doing better on 1000 plan than ss. Jayne x

Do consider 810 and 1000 plans. I've lost 8lbs in less than three weeks on 1000. OK, it's not as dramatically quick as SoleSource but it's still a good loss and it is a less extreme way. I was going to step down but I'm not sure now.

I have gone onto Ss+ after yesterday's feeling poo and I feel so much better can we exercise on ss+ ? I'm dying to do Zumba

Back