Diet freedom website?

coffeelover

Gold Member
I've just bought the 7 Day GL Diet book by Nigel Denby and see they have a website called Diet Freedom.

It seems a little pricey as you have to sign up for 3 months at about £30. Does anyone have membership to this site and is it worth it?

I used to be a member, but the forum became really quiet. Tbh, I would save your money. You can get all the support and help you want from on here. If you want to keep an on-line diary to work out your calories, then use my-plate or my-fitness or one of the other free ones out there.

G x

Thanks skerry, Looks likes there's loads of good advice here so will save my money. Have been having a look and love the recipe section. There are some great recipes I especially like the look of the oat scone one.

I'm a member of WLR (weight loss resources) where I can track food/ calories, exercise etc and gets lots of good info with an active forum too. It's calorie based but will use it in conjunction with the GL diet.

After soooo much indulgence I'm looking forward to this. Will post a diary here too. Going to go without wine and crisps until I reach goal. This should be interesting.:eek:

Hi and welcome! I agree with skerry, the DF website is very quiet these days. Good luck with low GL!

I'll try to post some photos in the pets corner. Are yours on there?

Just placed an order with a company called healthy supplies. I'm wheat sensitive and have ordered spelt pasta, buckwheat pasta, pistachio nuts, soba noodles, buckwheat crispbreads, fruit sugar etc. My poor body will not know what's hit it after weeks of wine, crisps and M&S party food.:D,

It all sounds yummy, Coffee. Let us know what the buckwheat crispbreads are like. :)

Welcome and good luck. Nigel Denby's book is very helpful and makes a great quick reference. I agree that the site does not offer anything you can't get for free. I joined Holford' s site and found it to be of little benefit either.

Will let you know what the buckwheat crispbreads are like AshieFan.

Yup I agree Irish Molly, can't imagine we'd get any better support than here.

It worked! They're gorgeous.:) They look like little characters.

I'll try to figure out how to add photos. I've never done that on this site before.

Characters is certainly one way to describe them. Total nutbars, also. :D Can't remember how I posted the pic now! :eek:

It all sounds yummy, Coffee. Let us know what the buckwheat crispbreads are like. :)

Tried the crispbreads just now and they are lovely if not a little on the small side. They have a wheat like texture and taste a bit nutty. Will definitely be ordering these again. :D

Back