Step 1 Sole Source Diet Journal

Ooops, meant to post sooner :rolleyes: Lost 4lb!

Hello diary, long time no see :eek:

Well, a quick summary. I haven't managed 100% sole source for most of this diet. I would be happy to do SS but a month of fabulous weather and planned weekends with family and friends has made it difficult for someone like me with no will power. Now, I've tried to stick to the minimum, salad stuff, chicken and so on, and gallons of water and so far *touch wood* my weight is still going down.

I feel terrible not sticking to it completely, so guilty. I'm seeing how others are not 100% SS and not losing weight and I'm almost ashamed to admit I'm losing. I don't know how it works.

My OH promises we have nothing planned next weekend so for the moment I'm looking forward to a full SS week ahead.

And now, things to look forward to! September is my parents 40th wedding anniversary and to celebrate it a large part of the family are going on holiday together. I have no idea what size I'll get to for this but I've bought a few new clothes already (buying summer clothes in a couple of months time will be difficult, the autumn ranges are already arriving in shops!). I have no idea what my family view is, but I've always though of myself and the short fat mousey one out of a family of tall blonde Amazonian women :eek:. So hopefully from now on I'll just be short and mousey :D.

And more - a beach holiday for New Year! Maybe I'll get my midriff out for the first time? My pasty white carcass could do with a tan to match my arms!

Dearest Diary,

Well, my CDC returned from holiday and after just over a week ... 5lbs off!

I'm a particularly happy bunny, as I had been out with friends over the weekend to a beer festival and I only drank water! I felt a little out of place tbh, but my wonderful friends would get me refills whenever they went for another drink ("Oh thanks but I couldn't manage another, don't want to over do it ..." :rolleyes:). I did have a bit of chicken, but as the alternative would've been a very greasy burger I think I did OK.

One particular challenge has arisen regarding my New Year holiday - the summer clothes sales are on about now, and I have no idea what size to get. A quick trawl of th'interweb suggested ... well, nothing actually. Everyone is different, height, shape, weight etc so guessing a clothing size is difficult. I'll just have to shop online closer to my travel date.

Aaaand my wonderful OH (he doesn't read this so I can praise him without it going to his head) has booked us a holiday next year - transatlantic cruise and 5 nights in New York - how excited am I?! :woohoo: And how motivated am I to lose this weight and get some fabulous outfits for that holiday?! I am just ridiculously giddy with excitement, and there's still (just under) a year to go.

Finally, lovely diary, my CDC is now away for 2 weeks :eek: I've got my packs for that period, I've signed up to the August Challenge for additional team motivation. My pint of water is ever-present, and I'm planning to go through my wardrobe and drawers and throw away anything that is too big - I won't need bigger clothes again.

Lessons learned:

Drinking water at a beer festival makes me feel like a bit of a numpty
Chicken, the blandest of all meats, seems like mana from heaven at the moment
I don't like working when the whole store smells of freshly baked pain au chocolat
My swimming cozzie is still a bit tight, but these developing bingo wings have got to go
Sharing the pool with hordes of crazed kiddies on summer holiday makes it difficult to complete a length of the pool

Aaand check out the little counter! Over half-way there now, come on fat, shift!

Wow, nearly 2 whole months since I last posted. The CD team has gone the way of the Dodo so I've resorted to talking to myself and fishing for compliments from my OH.

Sooo, a quick recap:

Last diary entry, weight there was approx. 12.3 stone if my little conversion app works.

Weigh loss since then continued nicely, with average losses of 3 - 4 lbs per week.

Then ... holiday! With a family crowd we invaded Gibraltar to celebrate my parents anniversary. However tbh there's not a great deal else to do once you've been up the Rock, avoided the monkeys, and been duty free shopping, so cue the constant eating and drinking. Now I didn't eat anywhere near as much as I used to be able to pack away, and for the first couple of days I'd call it 'eating-guilt' - I was determined to have a good time before I set off, but those first few days of eating 'real' food made me a bit nervous.

However, I had booked my return visit to my CDC for the day after we got home, so there was no avoiding the restart, or the scales. And? 5lb gained. Now I don't know if this is good, bad or average, but my CDC was pleasantly surprised which eased my mind a bit. So back to the diet.

It had occurred to me that it would be like a brand new start, and maybe after the first week post-holiday I'd lose an above-average amount. I was definitely not prepared for my 10lb loss!! In a week!? :eek:

So, it's now my second week post holiday, and my WI (with average weight loss again) is tomorrow. Fingers crossed.

Lessons learned:

My hot water bottle is my new best friend
I'm not really keen on black coffee
Mint tea needs half a sweetener or it tastes like hot water with a slight minty aroma
I've remembered how to amend my ticker, including a change of loss goal (maybe)
I really fancy getting an exercise bike

*Drum roll please* ...

I joined the gym! LMAO.

Seriously, you know that scene where Bridget Jones collapses after the treadmill? I did that.

That's all, really.

Back