Diet menu plan ideas?

Hi guys,

Im trying to lose half a stone to get to my ideal weight but im finding it so difficult. I have tried slimming world but I love bread too much. Anyway im am going to do a calorie controlled diet of 1500 cals a day. I don't mind losing slowly as long as it comes off. But I can't find any menu ideas on the net. Does anyone know where I can get some inspiration??

XXX

Well, I use www.essentialsweightloss.co.uk just for tracking my cals, but they also have a feature where you can explore other users' recipes (all cal counted) and try some of them out. You might find it useful - they run a free 5 day trial, no strings attached, so you can see if it's for you.

1500 cals a day gives you a lot to play with, so you can basically have whatever you like so long as you watch the fat and sugar content. Bread can be a difficult addiction to kick, but there's a load of low cal loaves out there, usually around 50 a slice. Ryvita can be a great substitute, too. I don't think bread's the problem, really, I doubt it ever made anyone fat in and of itself - it's usually what people put on it that causes the problems!

I invested in some 'Cook Yourself Thin' cookbooks and there are some amazing recipes in them. Infact, I'm cooking a yummy creamy chicken curry out of it tonight. It bases its 'diet' on 1500 calories, so it would be perfect for you to look at. It has sections for breakfast, lunch, dinner, puddings and drinks.

Back