Dietchef

Good luck Joz!!!
Minimoo..U'll be fine at lunch, u could have a starter and a salad...just avoid batter/bread/fried food..
Last night my family had a chinese which we do every weekend, but last weekend as i had started DC i didn't take part...but last night i had a couple of mouthfuls from my mum and hubby...I didnt feel compelled to eat anymore as DC is so satisfying, whereas if I was on LL/CD that woulda been the start of a binge fest!!!...
Believe me Im a serial comfort eater and binger and so far if anything has annoyed me it hasnt been able to throw me of course...cos there's no deprivation here...
anyway enuff of the rambling have a good day all!!!! xxx

Oh wow, resisting a Chinese - I'm impressed! I don't think I have the personality where I could have a mouthful of something and not finish it off! I just kicked the sofa in a tantrum because my hubby was having a sausage roll and I couldn't have one! I did enjoy my cocoa loco bar though instead :)

Thanks everyone re milkshakes. Think I'll go with taking a generic supermarket shake, fruit and a bar. Shouldn't provoke too many questions - I hate justifying my diet choices to people. Why are people so interested?!

Isie - probably because they'll be secretly admiring you for not devouring the whole buffet like they'll be!!! oh and mind your toes on the sofa!!!
Red - thanks for the advice - I didn't go mad and order the whole menu!! That's a break thru for me - any excuse normally justifies binge eating and writing off the whole day! Not particularly hungry this evening since I've had a bigger than normal lunch so am just sticking to the water. That's amazing how you felt around the chinese - the smell is so enticing - you have a very healthy mindset!

xx

One Successful Week Down!

Hi Guys how is everyone doin? Hope the weekend was pleasant, with no temptations!;)

Anyway I am happy to say, firstly I have completed my first week! It went quite quickly which is a sure sign that things are good - cos normally when your doing a diet you dont like or doesnt agree with you, the weeks roll by sooooo slowly.

Secondly, I have lost 7lbs this week:party0049:. I am really over the moon. I feel so positive and can only hope continue to see me through this week.

I hope the rest of you are doin well. See you soon (hopefully a little lighter :p:p)

Peace x

Well done! 7lb is a great start. How nice to see your ticker moving!
Mine should be off the starting blocks tomorrow. Although I am now on Day 8, I didn't weigh myself until Day 2, so got to wait until tomorrow night for the (hopefully) good news. I'm almost excited about getting on the scales!

Hi Irene - really believe me they're all yummy!! Tho I haven't tried the goats cheese soup - yuk don't like goats cheese!! Have changed my order this week to the treacle and pecan granola cos that was the yummiest cereal. Even the dinners that didn't sound that exciting were really tasty and just feel like normal meals once you put vegetables with them. The mushroom stroganoff was quite strong but with a salad on the side its like dining out food!
If you wanted to try something different for a while I'd recommend it.
I think my problem in the past was not eating enough to keep my metabolism going but this way its hard to tell if your losing weight ... you just do!
Good luck tomorrow Isie!
xx

Thanks Guys

Thanks everyone for your encouragements.

In regards to the food, the majority of the meals and soups have been really nice. My only gripe is the Pea & Ham soup (which I will be exchanging). I haven't tried the Goats Cheese or Parsnip soups yet, but i didnt order a lot of those ones just incase, but as always I have an open mind!

I can honestly say I am enjoying the whole "lifestyle" (not using the D word), and Im beginning to evaluate whether Im really hungry or not, or is it just my normal routine Ive been used to for so long. Like have something sweet after my lunch. Now I dont do that anymore, that's why this is a lifestyle change and not a d**t. Obviously I wont be on this forever, so I am educating my mindset to think differently, my taste buds to react differently and my head to focus more. Hopefully the equation will equal a better me!:D

As always ladies... stay strong and keep focused... all will be yours soon.

Peace x

Hey all well done all....
I had a few wobbles since saturday!!!
I know i said i had a few mouthfulls of chinese but what i didnt realise I had opened the triggers up again....anyway...fighting them off as I have felt as well in myself as this last 2 weeks and have also begain to tell whether or not I am actually hungry...and funny enuff the slips i have had havent even been as nice as I had remembered!!!
So LINE UNDER...and back on the ball!!

Hi Everyone,
I've just received my DC hamper and everything looks really good! I'm really impressed by the packaging but as they say: "the proof is in the eating!" I'm expecting, from your comments, that everything will taste as good as it looks! Since it only arrived at 4pm I'll start in the morning. I will check in tomorrow after tea and give my personal verdict....I'm so excited!
Joz XXX

How do you exchange them?

Irene xx

Hi Irene

Basically I just called them up to find out if it is possible. Then I send the unwanted stock with a note requesting the new items and they send it out for next day delivery.

The body is such a sensitive thing!!!
Just the little wobble I had threw me into such discomfort!!!I wouldnt mind if I had a full on binge...it was far from it!!!
But today I am on track...and dont feel so great - bit headachy and nauseated!! my fault tho!!!
Good luck Joz!!!:)

Week 1 weigh-in was last night and 4 1/4 lb lost!
I have never really believed I could lose weight eating 3 meals a day, but clearly I can!
Bring on Week 2! Got a long weekend away (my belated honeymoon actually) so I'm actually hoping to stay the same this week. Eat the DietChef stuff most the time (we're self-catering) but enjoy the odd meal out in a 'sensible' way. Will let you know how that works out for me.

Back