Dietchef

Hey Guys, You are all doing so well. Hopefully be jumping on the Dietchef train soon enough. Are the meals you are sent like frozen dinners?????

Taz x

Hi Taz and welcome to Dietchef.
The foods come in sealed pouches, almost like vacuum packing but not quite. The shelf life of the products whilst in the packet is about a year. Obviously once opened they have to be used straight away. The portion sizes are just right and that's from someone who can tuck into a huge plateful of food with no problems.
I've found the meals a much better standard than expected. It's not cheap quality ingredients. You can tell they have sourced good quality ingredients.
I note that you are going on cruise next year. Which cruise line are you travelling with. I've travelled with Carnival and Royal Caribbean a few times. Both really good, but you can put on 1/2 a stone a week easily! The food and choice of food is immense.:)

You don't need a freezer the pouches can just sit in the cupboard in fact nothing in the pack needs to even go in the fridge or freezer

Worth a try Taz. I've tasted all of the products and can recommend them

Irene xx

Hi
Sorry Taz, as Irene said you don't need to refrigerate anything. Which is really the main bit of infor you needed wasn't it? Doh!

That cruise sounds wicked!! Plenty of days at sea to stuff yourself. That's what I always do on sea days. Hey, you probably have loads more self will than I have.
I haven't had a good weekend so far. The inlaws came down to see us, so it was cooked breakfasts yesterday and a huge pub lunch with copious amounts of wine. And today we all went up to London for a Christening. There was a huge spread.:eek: What's a girl to do? So I tucked in and enjoyed:D I'm now eating one of the chocolate granola's as a snack..trying to redeem myself. I think i'm kidding myself.
Right back on the plan tomorrow. It's easier to control when I'm at work.
Taz, I'm also trying to get into a size 18 for Chrimbo. Two dress sizes in 8 weeks?
Can it be done?

Hi All. I've just ordered my first DC box. Was trying to get half a stone off with WW but thought I'd give this a go. There's a special offer on with 5 weeks food for the price of 4. Am away most of this week, so plan to get on it properly from Monday 27th. Hope my losses are a impressive as some of yours ! Hils:)

Hi
Sorry Taz, as Irene said you don't need to refrigerate anything. Which is really the main bit of infor you needed wasn't it? Doh!

That cruise sounds wicked!! Plenty of days at sea to stuff yourself. That's what I always do on sea days. Hey, you probably have loads more self will than I have.
I haven't had a good weekend so far. The inlaws came down to see us, so it was cooked breakfasts yesterday and a huge pub lunch with copious amounts of wine. And today we all went up to London for a Christening. There was a huge spread.:eek: What's a girl to do? So I tucked in and enjoyed:D I'm now eating one of the chocolate granola's as a snack..trying to redeem myself. I think i'm kidding myself.
Right back on the plan tomorrow. It's easier to control when I'm at work.
Taz, I'm also trying to get into a size 18 for Chrimbo. Two dress sizes in 8 weeks?
Can it be done?

Lol Yeah i wanted to know about the fridge stuff but thats cool :p

Oh god yeah lots of weight gain.....and will power.....havent really got that in buckets at the moment thats why i am the size i am....but sounds nice. I plan to spend a lot of time in the spa..having my nails done and massages and holistic therapies lol......my kind of cruise.

Youll be fine hun.......well you have 2 months till christmas so its possible.........if not you will be just on the border and im sure you will look fantastic anyhow........ xx

Where is everyone?

I've had a seriously bad week. I've put on 3 lbs. But I think I'm lucky it wasn't worse. I have eaten out so many times this week and drank so much red wine. I have had no self control.
It's almost like the weather gets cold and it's an excuse to eat and drink loads. The thing is I was so aware of what I was doing and still kept on chomping.:devilangel:
Next week is school half term and the little one is spending the week with grandparents. That makes it easier for me, as I only have to provide meal for hubby. So next week will be my breakthrough week:innocent0002: I have to lose 2 dress sizes or a stone and a half by Xmas.. Preferably 2 dress sizes.
How is everyone else doing?

Hiya hun, I just got my first delivery of Dietchef yesterday. Im not starting it just yet though cos i am off to America in 2 weeks but it look fabulous. The food looks lovely and i really cant wait to start!!!!
One of my soups burst though which was a bit of a bummer but they are going to send another.

Congrats on the 3 lbs :) Thats nothing...im sure the wine was worth it??

How much on average do people seem to lose per week?? and first week??

Taz x

hi dief chef bloggers - just writing because a friend and I have joined Lighter Life and 3 weeks into and lost a stone each which is great, but are struggling with the 'no food' aspect of it and thinking can we keep drinking shakes/soups until Jan 08! - we have researched DC and wanted to know if you think the move would be a wise one and if the goal of losing 3 stone each is feasible by Jan 08 or not? Any views would be appreciated. Thanks

I'm on Day 1 of DC and two meals in, seems great ! I lost most of my weight on LL and like the idea of this as I can take the choices away and just eat what I'm given (be nice if I could just make sensible choices but hey). Don't know enough about the plan to know if you can lose 3 stone by Jan as guess that's looking at 3-4lbs a week but I reckon it's more important to find something you can stick to overall. Good luck with either LL or DC. Hils x

Hi All
Gosh it's quiet on this forum right now isn't it? Sorry I've not been on for a while but have had major problems with my computer.:mad: Still having some problems but things are on the mend! Hubby is on the case!

Back to business - Dietchef!!!! It's now been 5 weeks since I started it and I have lost a total of 13lbs.:D:D:D I haven't stuck completely to Dietchef meals. I've had 'normal' meals with the family - chicken or pork with vegetables, the odd curry and two major functions to attend as well as hubby's birthday. Dietchef has helped me to understand more about portion size - I do eat too much! It's also given me the motivation to do well as I don't feel as if I am on a 'diet'. The main problem I've got is that hubby and kids have had a couple of the meals and they love them!!!!!

I've got a long way to go but I'm determined to do it. I am over the moon to have lost 13lbs despite my occasional stray from the path. At least by having these occasional strays, it doesn't feel as if I'm different to anyone else but at least I am still losing.

I've been able to read the forums from work but haven't been able to post. The support that everyone shows for each other on minimins is amazing. I feel that this journey, although will, at times, be really hard, is going to have an end that I'll be happy with thanks to support from others going on the same journey. No-one else really knows what it's like to be heavier than everyone else around, not being able to buy clothes from 'normal' shops etc.

Anyway, that's enough of all the waffle. How is everyone else doing? Are you doing Dietchef exclusively or are you like me, using Dietchef a lot but having occasional meals that are the same as the family. Good luck to us all - we deserve it!!

Take care everyone.

Hi Farwin...There's life on this board after all. I was getting worried. feeling like a mad woman talking to myself:wave_cry:

Well done on your 13lbs. Awesome!! I'm like you, I can't stick to the DC 100%, it's just not possible. But I am getting into a kind of groove now. I know that weekends are just not happening with me. Eating out, family etc. But during the week, I can control my intake better because of work. But on the positive side, even my cheating isn't as bad as it was because I feel fuller for longer. My problems are still the evenings when all I want to do is munch. I'm not hungry, so it must be psychological. I am mad after all.
I know I shouldn't but I've been weighing myself every morning since Monday, and I've lost a 1lb a day so far. So I'm hoping for 5lbs on Friday and that will make up for my disastrous last week.
Keep up the DC and I look forward to seeing your progress.
Sandra
X

Hi

I did my 5lbs, yay! I'm delighted, so I'm sort of back on track. I do think the way I am doing this plan is going to catch up on me. I do the plan during the week and add extra calories by way of brown rice and wholewheat pasta, veg and a diet yoghurt in the evening. But I take the weekend off. Which isn't too good is it?
Last night I started my weekend early and went to a chinese buffet. God it tasted good, but this diet is definitely taking affect. My eyes were bigger than my belly, (if that's possible). I had soup, starters, and 2 duck pancakes and was feeling full already. I ate mussels and couldn't touch the rice, noodles and various poultry and meat dishes. Anyone who know me well, would fall backwards on hearing that. I usually hoover up the food.
So my conclusion is that I will lose weight but it will be slowly and my stomach or my brain is starting to get conditioned.
I just ordered my next month's hamper (just got paid). Which has 5 weeks. so that will take me up to a week before my holidays. so I have to really make these next 5 weeks count.
How is everyone else doing on the plan? Taryn, how was your first week? Farwin, are you getting back into the groove of things? And where are all the other DCers?:grouphugg:

Back