Dietchef

Week 1 weigh-in was last night and 4 1/4 lb lost!
I have never really believed I could lose weight eating 3 meals a day, but clearly I can!
Bring on Week 2! Got a long weekend away (my belated honeymoon actually) so I'm actually hoping to stay the same this week. Eat the DietChef stuff most the time (we're self-catering) but enjoy the odd meal out in a 'sensible' way. Will let you know how that works out for me.

Firstly a massive well done on your loss, it really gives you a boost to see the scales go down, especially with little effort and eating things you enjoy! How it makes a difference. The elation from week 1 will carry you through to week 2, as you now know you can do it.

Secondly congrates on your belated honeymoon. Im sure without compromising your good efforts you will still have a good time, but most of all enjoy yourself!

Peace x

Great job on the weight loss isie! It's really encouraging to read about your success. I began my DC plan today. Breakfast was great for me because I've been eating Lizi's granola for ages and love it. So it felt like my normal breakfast and I had the spicy beef & tomato soup for lunch...Wow! I didn't expect it to be quite so spicy but it was really good and proper chunky!:)))
I really don't feel like I'm dieting at all. I'm still quite full two hours after lunch. I'm not sure which meal I'll have for dinner but I'm confident it will be really good. Thanks so much for the well wishes girls...I hope you all continue to succeed and remember not to beat yourself up when you slip a little.xx

BTW, have any of you checked out the "Look What We've Found" website (it's the actual chefs site)? Well, you can purchase the meals directly from them and it's actually lot cheaper than Diet Chef, one week is £31.06. You can buy Lizi's granola, like I have for ages, on line for 2.99 for a 500g bag which is ten day supply at 50g a day or a 1/2 cup serving. The nakd bars can also be purchased separately for under a pound each. Sourcing the products yourself is a little more hassle but by my calulations it's about £163 a month compared to £197 and it's exactly the same products. I personally think £30 is a lot for S&H but maybe the convience of having DC do it for us is good psychology...it takes the whole food issue out of our hands. Any thoughts?
Jozxx

Good Luck

Hey Joz

How are things going. Wishing you ultimate success on your journey. Im in week 2 of mine and things are still going strong!

Wow I can't believe the comparison in price, I may have to start buying my own stock (but to be fair Diet Chef have to make a profit somehow!) But thanks it is always good to know.

I believe Waitrose also sell the main meals, so if you have one close by, that is half the job done.

Anyway hope to see you around soon.

Peace x

Thanks Ellie, I'm glad you're still feeling good in week 2. I also wish total success for you..the fact that ur still feeling good in week 2 is a good sign! DC is a walk in the park compared to how I felt day 1 on LL. I was ready to eat a chair by the end of the first day!LOL:))) i agree with you that DC has to make a profit and they make the whole process easy.
I had the apple nakd bar at 4pm as a snack...yuky yuk yuk!;( ...I really don't like dates and that's what it tastes like. On a positive note it kept my hunger at bay the rest of the afternoon, so I will continue eating it. Please let the cocoa and berry bars taste better!
I just finished my DC dinner of beef & basil meatballs and lots of steamed broccoli which was very filling and TASTY!!! So far so good girls...I'm really happy and satisfied...I'm not even grumpy like I'd normally be at this stage of a new eating plan. I checked the calorie count and I've only had 960 calories today. I'm not hungary but that does seem pretty low...maybe I should have some fruit for pud...
Laters
Jozxx

I think the cocoa tastes much better - although nothing like chocolate!

Been doing DC for 2 weeks away from home with 2 days 'normal' food and a night on the beer... will weigh in tomorrow and be happy if I've done a couple of pounds off - cos it's better than a couple on and it hasn't been an effort at all... fingers crossed!

I liked that I could customise my box for free this week - sometimes it's handier to have a milkshake than soup for lunch - so have got a mix this time. Hope they continue that one.

What's the milkshakes like? Are they already mixed or in a packet?

Congratulations you are doing very well

Irene xx

Last edited:
Hi Irene

The milkshakes come in a cartoon with 3 flavours to choose from: Strawberry, Vanilla and Chocolate.

The consistency of the milkshakes are not thick and can be a little 'sweet' but generally
managable.

Are you thinking about doing DC yourself?

Last edited:
bit bigger than a tetra, but the same idea, yes.

am now getting tense in case I haven't lost - otoh, havent been eating cardboard and celery, so could be worse!!

yay! ish..

Looks like I'm 5 pounds down over 2 and a bit weeks, with weekends off...so pretty good for me! Looks like this will work slowly but it's going the right way, and will fit in with the travelling life. Just hope I don't get bored of the 2 soup/ 3 meals choice in the long haul (vegetrian packs)

Looks like I'm 5 pounds down over 2 and a bit weeks, with weekends off...so pretty good for me! Looks like this will work slowly but it's going the right way, and will fit in with the travelling life. Just hope I don't get bored of the 2 soup/ 3 meals choice in the long haul (vegetrian packs)

Well done. Atleast it's coming off :)

I think a 5lb loss over 2ish weeks is great. Especially with weekends off. At the end of the day you are losing weight without starving or eating dull 'diet' food (more lettuce and celery anyone?) and I believe this plan is sustainable for the long term. We all know that if it comes off slowly we are more likely to keep it off. 1lb a week is still 52lb a year so your 5lb in 2ish weeks means you are well on your way to slimness! Well done! Everyone's losses are truly inspiring. Keep going and keep sharing the highs and we'll all support each other through the lows. X

aww you guys are fabuously supportive!

Mate coming over tonight and can't be bothered so it's M&S dinner for a tenner for us - the skinny fruit n jelly desert and loads of veg (taking thier butter out of the pack) with the veggie mousakka - and I'm designated driver so she'll have to drink all the wine on her own, lol, so no calories there for me! proper diet day tomorrow, but my urges to pig out have gone down a lot - didn't even crave dessert last night which is a first ever for a Friday! Maybe there's somethong in this 'good carbs' business after all?

Back