Dietchef

Well done Janbrow

Hi
Well done to your weightloss. I suppose your body is now getting used to having food in it. I don't know much about the cambridge diet. But I must admit that diet and other shake diets don't make sense to me. It seems to me that it is only natural for the body to pile on the all the lost weight and a bit extra for a laugh, when you come of these diets.
But hey listen to me like I'm an expert. All I know that this diet suits me to the ground because the food is taken care of for me.
Janbrow. I was thinking about posting on the Dietchef blog so I may see you on there aswell. Did you read about the guy who did the diet for a month and lost 2 stone. Wow!

Hi
Well done to your weightloss. I suppose your body is now getting used to having food in it. I don't know much about the cambridge diet. But I must admit that diet and other shake diets don't make sense to me. It seems to me that it is only natural for the body to pile on the all the lost weight and a bit extra for a laugh, when you come of these diets.
But hey listen to me like I'm an expert. All I know that this diet suits me to the ground because the food is taken care of for me.
Janbrow. I was thinking about posting on the Dietchef blog so I may see you on there aswell. Did you read about the guy who did the diet for a month and lost 2 stone. Wow!

Thanks Sugardumpling - may see you on other forum too then - no I didn't read about that guy, brilliant losses, just shows what you can do on this diet x

Hi all

I've lost another 2lbs this week. Although down compared to the 5.5lbs last week, I'm really pleased because we were out over the weekend and had an indian - I tried to be good with tandoori chicken and chappati. I'm still enjoying the Dietchef food and on Sunday I ordered a month's supply. I received yesterday but with the granola instead of the milkshakes. I phoned and they said that they would get Kevin to contact me. He emailed a short time later saying that he was sorry for the error but he would make sure that I receive the milkshakes by Thursday and to keep the granola anyway. Hubby tried some last night and loved it!!! I've told him that he's not getting his hands on any more of my food!!!

Hope everyone else is ok. Good luck with your weigh ins.xxx

Hi Sugardumpling
At least you've had some good days and haven't given up. I'll be happy if I can lose 1-2lbs a week and still live. I thoroughly enjoyed having a 'day off' over the weekend because if I feel that I can't have the occasional lapse then I'll lose all motivation. I am finding it a lot easier than I expected. I know that it is only 2 weeks but it's further than I normally get.

Don't dread your weigh in - look forward to it. If you lose anything and you've had a few bad or so so days then that's fantastic. If you don't lose anything then treat the next week as the start of it all.

Good luck and let us know how you get on.

Take care x

Hi all

I've lost another 2lbs this week. Although down compared to the 5.5lbs last week, I'm really pleased because we were out over the weekend and had an indian - I tried to be good with tandoori chicken and chappati. I'm still enjoying the Dietchef food and on Sunday I ordered a month's supply. I received yesterday but with the granola instead of the milkshakes. I phoned and they said that they would get Kevin to contact me. He emailed a short time later saying that he was sorry for the error but he would make sure that I receive the milkshakes by Thursday and to keep the granola anyway. Hubby tried some last night and loved it!!! I've told him that he's not getting his hands on any more of my food!!!

Well done on ur -7.5lbs lost. Keep up the good work

pouches and snack work out to about 13-14 weight watchers points

It's a little bit vague to be honest but they say 125ml of milk or 95ml of low fat yoghurt. You can then add a couple of pieces of fruit and also add veg to your meals. The food they provide comes in at just under 1000 calories and you're supposed to be on 1200 calories, so you can add these extra 200 odd calories with fruit and milk/yoghurt. I'm also snacking on tomatoes and carrots and assuming this will do no harm!! I know it's not weight watchers but I still have an online account and was curious so I plugged it all in and yesterday I had 18 points and that was with about 4 pieces of fruit cos I did a hard circuits class so needed it! The pouches and the snack bar work out to approx 13 points and then the fruit and milk/yoghurt makes it up.

I'm impressed so far cos when doing weight watchers I struggled to stick to 25 points and I'm doing okay with the diet chef! -looking forward to weighing myself in 5 days!

this has posted to wrong thread - sorry!!!

This was supposed to be an answer to the lady doing weight watchers who asked what else you could eat apart from the pouches!!!

Hi Girls,
It's been a while since my last post, I've been mourning the unexpected illness and death of an immediate family member. So dieting has been the last thing on my mind recently. Although I'm still quite upset, I don't want my comfort eating to get out of hand so I'm back on DC starting today. Miraculously, I haven't gained any weight while I've been pigging out over the last three weeks. I've got 5 weeks of DC supplies stored up so I'm good to go!:)
It's good to have something positive to focus on right now!n_n
Joz

Joz
Sorry to hear about your sad news. It is not easy to diet while you have other things on your mind but good luck with dietchef and today.

Irene xx

I forgot to mention my weight loss. I lost 4lbs in total. I was quite disappointed with the loss. But then I realised that Aunt Flo is due this weekend so I'm probably retaining water (I hope). However, the food is delicious. I especially like the Goat cheese and red pepper soup and the Honey parsnip soup. They are lovely with a wholewheat roll. I have the inlaws coming down this weekend so I'm going to have to high calorie main meals. Just means I have to be a very good girl next week! Ooh I did lose 4 inches of my waist which is incredible! There's a dress I want to wear at my work Xmas do that I bought last year and haven't been able to wear. If I can control my whims I may be able to wear the dress, it is 2 dresses smaller than I am now.

Well done sugardumpling - 4lbs is still really good. :) I'm out tomorrow evening - posh Ball at work:party0011: - food and lots of wine already paid for. If I can stay the same this week, I'll be happy. Trousers and top to wear - next year - posh ballgown when I'm slim!:D

Really sorry to hear about your loss Joz. It's never easy when something like that happens is it? You sound really motivated to do well - good luck. Let us know how you get on.

Hi all

Hi Farwin, another 2lbs is great, especially as you've had an Indian as well.

My hubby is banned from the food as well, he's tried a bit of mine & liked it all, not surprising though as it such lovely food.

Have a good week.

Hi Girls,
It's been a while since my last post, I've been mourning the unexpected illness and death of an immediate family member. So dieting has been the last thing on my mind recently. Although I'm still quite upset, I don't want my comfort eating to get out of hand so I'm back on DC starting today. Miraculously, I haven't gained any weight while I've been pigging out over the last three weeks. I've got 5 weeks of DC supplies stored up so I'm good to go!:)
It's good to have something positive to focus on right now!n_n
Joz

Hello Joz

So sorry to hear about your loss and hope you're ok. Well done on getting back on plan, it's very easy to let it all go during a difficult time and as you say maybe focussing on this will help you a little.

Take care, and keep posting, let us know how you're getting on.

I forgot to mention my weight loss. I lost 4lbs in total. I was quite disappointed with the loss. But then I realised that Aunt Flo is due this weekend so I'm probably retaining water (I hope). However, the food is delicious. I especially like the Goat cheese and red pepper soup and the Honey parsnip soup. They are lovely with a wholewheat roll. I have the inlaws coming down this weekend so I'm going to have to high calorie main meals. Just means I have to be a very good girl next week! Ooh I did lose 4 inches of my waist which is incredible! There's a dress I want to wear at my work Xmas do that I bought last year and haven't been able to wear. If I can control my whims I may be able to wear the dress, it is 2 dresses smaller than I am now.

4lbs and 4 inches sugardumpling - WOW :eek: you're disappearing woman - that's fantastic. Real results, you must be feeling lighter and slimmer already.

Have a good weekend, don't let all your good work go out the window (but enjoy yourself too ;)). All the best

Lovely to see you all on the forum again, it got very quiet at the beginning of the week - i thought you'd all abandoned me :p

Have a good weekend everyone
xxx

Hey Janbrow. You are not allowed to "lose the plot" as you say. Come on girl y ou can do it.. If you have to lay all the food you are going to eat that day on a work space in the kitchen, including all your veg and fruit. So you can see it all day. Drink loads of water, I think 4 huge glassed is ablut 2 litres and see how you go. Just remember how great you felt on your first weeks weight loss.
I always have my computer on and check twice a day to see if anyone has posted. I need you guys to support me and I'm there to support you.
My weak time is in the evening when I can easily eat a tube of pringles:eek: So I'm trying to find distraction techniques to keep me away from the kitchen and all the goodies in the cupboards. Any ideas please pass them on.
Have a good day.

Sandra

Aww hi Sandra, thanks for that and I'm more than happy to support and to accept your support.

I definately need to up my water, I'm sure I don't drink enough and that'll help. Thing is it's not as though I was hungry or not enjoying the food, I was out and made an excuse to come off the diet - silly really.

But ho hum, that's the way it goes sometimes and I'm back on track now - for sure!!!! :D

All the best & keep up the good work yourself x

Thanks girls for the love and support! The LWWF food from DC is good so it hasn't been too difficult getting back on the "wagon"!:)
JanBow you are so right, the focusing is really helping me to think positively during this very difficult time. Taking care of myself is the opposite of what I would normally do in these situations. I'm the care giver type so I look after everyone elses needs instead of my own. So this is really good way for me to take care of myself while still looking after my love ones.
Well done on your weightloss Sugardumpling and you've got a awesome diet outlook too! I like your style!!!

Janbow, don't worry about "losing the plot" this week just get back on the case like I have.:)) Atleast you didn't gain anything and having a week of no loss is very common as your body gets use to it new lower calories. The only diet I've loss with every week was LL but it was hell for me not having real food. I'd have DC's yummy food with a few weeks of no loss anyday over LL hell again!XD
JozXXX

I'd have DC's yummy food with a few weeks of no loss anyday over LL hell again!XD
JozXXX

Couldn't agree with you more Joz, I'm not in a great rush to lose this last stone and even if it comes off at a lb a week, at least it's not going on, which is what usually happens after doing Cambridge or other diets. I think it's easing me into maintenance, I'm not hungry all the time and not desperate to stuff my face with "naughty" foods, so as long as the scales aren't going up then I'm reasonably happy.

Good to hear you sounding positive & upbeat Joz, just remember to keep on putting yourself first for a change and doing something positive for you (it'll have a knock on effect on everyone around you so its a win-win situation :D)

Take care
x

The granola in the bowl this morning looked like about 1/4 what I'd normally have for cereal yet it kept me full until lunch and I didn't even think about food all morning.

Try the plain granola ,120 ml fat free strawberry yoghurt and 100g's of strawberries..it's so filling and the strawberries give you a zing of energy...

Back