Dietchef

Hey there.. well.. ive been doing dietchef since saturday.. and im still just loving it totally.. i love the granola.. i love the soup.. (esp pea and ham).. i love the meals.. the bars are a bit.. different.. but not disgusting.. the banana loaf one is nice.. i just cant believe how nice the meals can taste. and still be doing well..

x x

Great to hear this Cat..xxx:D

Hello all, this is my first post. I've just started Diet Chef and came across this website through Google as the Diet Chef forum is just about non-existent - no-one ever posts on it!

Nice to find some fellow Diet Cheffers - I'm loving it so far, but this is only my second day!

I ordered from Diet Chef directly as I thought they had a good choice and the price seemed reasonable, and I truly went and committed myself by ordering a full months worth! But so far loving the food, the soups for lunch are gorgeous, so tasty and a really good portion too.

I've done Cambridge before and still think it's a great diet, I lost 4 stone doing it & it worked wonders for me. But the weight was creeping back on and try as I might I just couldn't seem to get back into CD again - have been trying for months. Have just done 2 weeks on 810 and found it really hard but did manage to lose just over half a stone, then I came across Diet Chef and just "knew" that was what I needed to do to shift my last stone. I ordered it Weds night and hand-picked my hamper so wasn't expecting my delivery until Monday, but they got it to me on Friday and I started yesterday. Lovely to have real food and such tasty food too.

At the moment it almost seems to nice to be a diet, surely I should be suffering more than this LOL, just hope I lose weight too.

Right off to have my cup of tea & a Berry bar and find my way around Minimins. :)

Hi JanBow,

Good luck with Dietchef and well done on your weight loss so far. I have 6 stone to lose and have only just started so I feel that I've got a mountain to climb!! At least I don't feel hungry and as if I am on a diet - most oif the food has been yummy, apart from the Granola. I don't like it but I can cope. I'll be weighing myself on Wednesday so will post how much I've lost. Take care.:)

All the best with your WI. It's just great not feeling hungry and have lovely food to eat isn't it.

xx

I don't want to sound like a broken record, but I just cannot get over how lovely the meals are. Had Mushroom Stroganoff last night, absolutely gorgeous and for lunch had the Pea & Ham Soup which was to die for & my favourite meal so far, it was so tasty and filling, yum yum. I'm really enjoying this (is it really a diet :p - the scales will tell!!)

Really fed up now

Hi. Would you believe I am still waiting for my delivery from Look what we found? I have just ordered a month's worth direct from Diet chef. Should have done that from the beginning.
Welcome to the other newcomers. I look forward to us all plotting our weight losses together. I am currently a whopping size 22 and 18 1/2 stones at the moment. My aim is to lose 2 dress sizes by Xmas as I'm going to the Caribbean for 3 weeks. I would like to get down to a size 14 by next summer. So a long road ahead of me. But if the food is as delicious and as filling as everyone says, I could do it. I hope to have my hamper by the end of the week.:rolleyes:

Hi SugarDumpling, I was really impressed by how quickly I got my hamper, so I'd be surprised if you didn't get yours in the next day or two. How frustrating to be still waiting for your order from "Look What We Found", I know they're a bit cheaper but they don't have the variety Diet Chef have on their website.

I'm sure you'll be really pleased with your food and how filling it is. I know we don't only eat because we're hungry, but when you're not hungry it's a lot easier to stay away from the cupboards and I think because I'm satisfied and enjoying the food, so I don't feel deprived, to my surprise I've not craved or even missed anything yet. Hubby brought me in a cup of tea last night with a handful of choccy biccies for himself but I can honestly say I didn't fancy one, which is not like me at all, but they just didn't appeal.

Looking forward to seeing how you get on & what you think of the food. I had the Pork Meatballs with Butter Beans last night, oh yes, yummy again.

All the best
x

Hi all fellow Deitchef peeps.

After just one week, I have lost 5.5lbs:party0049:!! Although I know that it's probably mainly water etc, I am over the moon as I don't even feel like I'm on any sort of a diet. I haven't always had the meals supplied - the other night, I did chicken, mash and veg for hubby and children so I just had some chicken breast and a load of veg. It's certainly making me think more about the sort of foods I have been eating. The strange thing is that I'm not bothered about bread and potatoes - my two biggest vices! I know I've got a long way to go and that I probably won't lose as much next week but to be honest, I feel really motivated to do well. Support on this forum really helps and reading other people's experiences makes me want to do well so thank you to everyone! I've enjoyed all the soups and main meals so far - the chilli over vegetables was wonderful. Tonight, I'm not having a diet chef meal as we are having pork so I'll have that with a load of veg.:happy036:

Hey Farwin, that's a great loss for your first week, well done you. I so agree that this doesn't feel like a diet, and like you I've not missed the things I normally do, I haven't even thought about chocolate - how mad is that? The other day my DD had some lovely choc covered choc chip cookies and they smelt divine, I kept asking if I could have a smell and in the end (I think I was beginning to get on her nerves LOL) she asked did I want a bit, I thought about it and actually realised that no I didn't particularly, it really wasn't a hardship to say no, I didn't fancy any, which is quite amazing for me.

I really think it's because I'm not hungry and having such nice food I don't feel deprived & so don't crave other foods I can't have. I'm starting to feel healthier already and more energetic & I don't want to stop that.

Hoorah for Diet Chef I say :D

Keep up the good work x

Way to go Farwin!! That's an awesome weight loss for the first week. I think the most important thing you said was that it didn't feel like you were on any kind of diet. So that must mean you can continue for a long time. And it sounds like you are fitting it into your normal lifestyle with other foods so I expect you will lose weight at a consistent rate. Well done you. I'm so impressed.

Guess what? I got the Look what we found delivery today. They had delivered the boxes to my neighbour across the road yesterday and didn't leave a card for me. Ho Hum... But I have planned my meals for tomorrow. I have included some extras in my meal plans such as semi skimmed milk with the granola and sweet potato and broccoli with the beef & gravy. Also an apple for mid afternoon. I worked out that if I ate just the diet chef food I wouldn't be taking enough calories which would lead to a disaster in the end. So I am making up my calories to 1500 a day since I have around 7 stones to lose. I will report how my first day went tomorrow evening.
And again, well done Farwin. That is brilliant.:)

Hope you have a good first day sugardumpling, sounds like you're taking a sensible approach, better to up the cals slightly and feel happy and be able to stick with it long-term.

All the best x

Yeehah!

I got my two boxes today of a months worth of diet chef. It took 2 days from ordering and I customised the hamper as well.

Today I have had my 50g of original granola, 100ml semi skimmed milk and 100ml orange juice. Midmorning a pint of water.
Lunch i had the pea and ham soup with 2 slices of hovis wheatgerm bread and a banana nakd bar. I still felt hungry when I finished so I had pint of water. Mid afternoon I had a apple & another pint of water. Dinner I am having the beef in gravy, green beans, sweet potato (supposedly low gi) with a pint of water.
I have been feeling slightly hungry but not so bad that I had to go the biscuit tin at work. But I tell you what. I've been peeing loads!:tear_drop:;). Am I allowed to say that on a message board?
But I think I can get through a week because I don't have to think about preparing food for myself. I cooked dinner for my family first and I am about to do mine.
How's everyone's week been? Janbrow, have you weighed in yet? You must be near a week on the plan now? I'm dying to know how you've done? It seems like some of the earlier posters have disappeared.

Hi Sugardumpling - I'm still here :p

Sounds like a good Day 1, even with your extras you're certainly not overdoing it and sticking within the low GI as far as I can see. You should find you feel less hungry over the next few days as your body adjusts. I've never been really hungry but occasionally peckish but that has lessened as the week's gone on.

WI tomorrow morning, so be interesting to see, I'm not expecting a loss really though because I've come straight off Sole Sourcing on Cambridge and you usually have a gain, even on the 1000 cal plan when you re-introduce carbs, so any loss will be good and then I should (fingers crossed and all that) have a good one next week. I'm just happy knowing I've come of CD and not gone mad, not started eating rubbish again and enjoying what I eat, knowing I will lose weight with it, even if it takes a bit longer. I really do feel this is do-able because it doesn't feel like a diet.

If you're peeing loads (and I'm sure it's ok to say that - Ive read worse on here :eek::p) then you're getting rid of excess water, so you'll def get a good loss for week 1. Keep it up and have a good weekend, I'll report in tomorrow with my (hopefully) loss :D

x

Hi everyone
I've had a problem with my computer so haven't been able to access the internet for a couple of days. Thanks for all your kind words of encouragement - it really helps.

I only ordered a two week supply so I need to order more food now. My dilemma has been that I am struggling with the granola and didn't want to pay for a food that I am no longer eating. I contacted Dietchef and explained my dilema. They were sympathetic and took my number saying someone would phone me back. Sure enough, Kevin phoned me and we had a chat. The result is that I'm going to order a hamper and then email Kevin with the order number. He will then replace the granola for milkshakes for me. He was lovely and really encouraging and said if I ever needed anything at all, from a sympathetic ear to questions about food to some motivation, then to just give him a ring. I think that was brilliant - he sounded like he really cared. As a result, because I enjoy the rest of the food, I'm going to order today.

How is everyone else getting on? Have you had your weigh in yet JanBow? I'm glad you managed to resist the chocolate temptation!!! How proud do you feel?? Sugardumpling - it's nice not having to think about our food isn't it? I've been drinking loads and peeing loads too. I'm not keen on plain water so I've had weak orange cordial in it. Hubby still really supportive and wanting me to do well.

Take care everyone and carry on the good work.xx

Hi

I know I shouldn't have weighed myself yet. But I couldn't resist. After 2 days on the plan I have lost 4lbs. Can't believe it... And it's not exactly difficult is it? I can'twait till next Thursday morning.:bliss:

Wayhayy Sugardumpling, that's a fantastic start - way to go! :D:D:D

Hi everyone
I've had a problem with my computer so haven't been able to access the internet for a couple of days. Thanks for all your kind words of encouragement - it really helps.

I only ordered a two week supply so I need to order more food now. My dilemma has been that I am struggling with the granola and didn't want to pay for a food that I am no longer eating. I contacted Dietchef and explained my dilema. They were sympathetic and took my number saying someone would phone me back. Sure enough, Kevin phoned me and we had a chat. The result is that I'm going to order a hamper and then email Kevin with the order number. He will then replace the granola for milkshakes for me. He was lovely and really encouraging and said if I ever needed anything at all, from a sympathetic ear to questions about food to some motivation, then to just give him a ring. I think that was brilliant - he sounded like he really cared. As a result, because I enjoy the rest of the food, I'm going to order today.

How is everyone else getting on? Have you had your weigh in yet JanBow? I'm glad you managed to resist the chocolate temptation!!! How proud do you feel?? Sugardumpling - it's nice not having to think about our food isn't it? I've been drinking loads and peeing loads too. I'm not keen on plain water so I've had weak orange cordial in it. Hubby still really supportive and wanting me to do well.

Take care everyone and carry on the good work.xx

Hi Farwin, what great customer service from DietChef, I was very pleased with the speed of the delivery of my hamper, and it's good to know they're so helpful and on the end of the phone if needed.

Had my first weigh-in and pleased with 2½ lbs, as I mentioned I wasn't expecting a loss at all after SSing, so I am pleased.

Take care all xx

Just wondered - does anyone post on the DietChef forum as well as here? I'm on there under the name of Drama Queen (couldn't use that here there's one already :D) anyone else on there too?

It's a much quieter forum than Minimins (and the smilies are so inferior over there :p:p:p:D:D) but it's nice to chat to other DietCheffers (or should that be DietCheffies :D) and see how others are getting on.

Have a good weekend everyone - off for a bowl of soup in a mo. :)

Last edited:
Back