Dietimeal results and advice please....

summerscream

Hi everyone,

My first dietimeal foodpacks will arrive today. I still have loads of W8 foodpacks left thus I will mix it a little bit but don't want to eat no more than 4 mealpacks a day with a little piece of meat (chicken) and vegetables from the list of W8.
I know that there are more people out there who are on dietimeal. Could you please give us more advice and results , what to avoid and so on?

Did ur packs come? I am still doing ok. I started on Monday using W8 leftovers and have been using dietimeal packs since Tuesday night. So far so good.:)

Hi Linda,
Yes they arrived without any problems. I got them from the avidlite site together with some sero bars. Wich smelled like vomit :( (caramel and peanut) and tasted different from any bar I had on different VLCD's. Although almost at the end I got used to them but then they were finished. ;) And I have to say that it was quite filling. Normally after a Lighter Life or Cambridge bar I would be hungry after an hour (or earlier) but I ate some chicken and I am satisfied already. Over the next couple of days I will explore the other mealpacks as well.

I got mine from avidlite site too.

I got the dietimeal bars - caramel nut (not too bad) and choc peanut crunch (not as good).

I'm struggling a bit tonight but will drink more water.

I am sticking to 4 packs a day or 3 packs & a bar. I'm not having food with it as I find it easier without.

I have found all the puddings that I have tried to be very tasty (dark choc,banana and strawberry). I have also had leek soup and onion soup. They were nice as well. I am surprised at how good they taste.

I have also tried the protimeal apple cinnamon oatmeal. This is good for me for breakfast. Hope you like the packs too!:)

Linda

Hi everyone :)

I tried the dark chocolate this morning in my coffee. All I can say is that I can drink it, maybe it taste better as a pudding. To be honest I think it was because of the fact that I am used of the W8 mealpacks. Over the next days I will try all of them and when I am satisfied, I will order more coming week. (they have £ 6.00 off from orders at the moment) I wasn't to sure about the onion soup but will defintely try it next week and the porridge as well. By the way did you see the aliteryou.co.uk site? I was wondering if they sell the dietimeal packs.

Can u pls tell me if you have these packs and stick to 3 packs a day like a normal vlcd do u get into ketosis like when u r on a cd or ll, also is it only the shakes you can have or can you have the deserts and other products ty x

Last edited:
I don't know. I have 4 packs or 3 and a bar. I'm still feeling a bit hungry so don't know if I am in ketosis. I am on day 6. If anyone has used dietimeal successfully then can they let us know? I also take a multivitamin as these shakes & bars don't contain vitamins or minerals.

@ The-new-Roch: I don't know about ketosis because my sticks are completly finished (I am losing weight but my sticks never changed colour) Although I am feeling that I am in ketosis. From what I understand the dietimeal is suitable for atkins. Maybe you could ask the advidlite.co.uk or aliteryou.co.uk about it. Like Linda I have 4 mealpacks a day or 4 mealpacks and a bar. I have to say that sometimes I am hungry too but I did Lighter Life before and I remember the same feeling though.
@Linda: I had a chickensoup yesterday. mmmm it was so lovely. I smelled chicken and I tasted chicken. Definitely will order some more, not sure about the mushroom soup though. It was okay but it needed salt and some black pepper.

Can u pls tell me if you have these packs and stick to 3 packs a day like a normal vlcd do u get into ketosis like when u r on a cd or ll, also is it only the shakes you can have or can you have the deserts and other products ty x

It's not a VLCD as we normally know it Roch. Should be suitable for Atkins though:clap: It's not a total meal replacement, just a supplement. You need to still eat with it, which is why it probably doesn't have to follow the guidelines to make sure you don't get ill on it.

You should be able to get into ketosis with it...assuming the food you eat alongside isn't high carb :)

@KD when I had a look on the aliteryou.co.uk website I saw under a liter you programme that initially Phase 1 is 10 days their products with some added veg from their list and further continuation on phase 2 which is subdivided (some with veg or meat)
Although they write: You can follow it as long as necessary, several weeks or even several months. Comply properly with your doctor’s advice

@
@Linda: I had a chickensoup yesterday. mmmm it was so lovely. I smelled chicken and I tasted chicken. Definitely will order some more, not sure about the mushroom soup though. It was okay but it needed salt and some black pepper.

I will have to order some chicken soup! I had the dark chocolate pudding last night and it did the trick. Still a bit hungry but coping. My clothes are slacker which is great. First weigh-in is Monday:cool:

@ Linda: my first weigh-in is Thursday. Fingers crossed!

@KD when I had a look on the aliteryou.co.uk website I saw under a liter you programme that initially Phase 1 is 10 days their products with some added veg from their list and further continuation on phase 2 which is subdivided (some with veg or meat)

Yep, I heard that. I haven't really looked into the ins and outs of it to be honest, just knew you had to add food and a vitamin tablet as it doesn't have all the vits in the drinks.

I remember there being a bit of a mud slinging match on another forum about whether it was a total food replacement and in the end someone asked the folks themselves...and the answer was "no". It was a supplement for a low carb diet and I see that aliteryou.co.uk also list them as supplements even though they give the impression that its similar to other formulated VLCDs

Nothing again dietimeal. Really don't know enough about it. (Okay...secretly, I'm a bit concerned about anyone handing out these things as a VLCD to anyone without a counsellor of sorts, but that's just my opinion...so don't tell anyone :D)

Thanks KD, I appreciate your thoughts and what you wrote. :) The website gave me also the impression about a total food replacement. (maybe, I say maybe they don't want to call theirself a W8,LL or CD because of all of the rules?) Originally I am coming from W8matters and honestly I received no counselling/help or even a friendly word from them since beginning their program. :mad: What I am trying to say is when for example someone filled in that they are 16 stone instead of 4stone, they could receive all the foodpacks they ever wanted to buy from them. So I thought : could it be somewhere cheaper?

Just read about the dietimeal products and Avidlite there. I've been ordering for a while now, and usually receive the goods the next day! They've been giving me a lot of unbiased advice, helping my with my dieting. I would say it's worth trying the different flavours of things, as there are definately better ones! I looked at the other aliteryou site but there didnt seem to be such a good range of products really... Avidlite also have the benefit of stocking the Atkins brand products, my chocoholic sister loves them!
I haven't tried the dietimeal products yet... I was wondering what they were like!

Thanks KD, I appreciate your thoughts and what you wrote. :) The website gave me also the impression about a total food replacement. (maybe, I say maybe they don't want to call theirself a W8,LL or CD because of all of the rules?) Originally I am coming from W8matters and honestly I received no counselling/help or even a friendly word from them since beginning their program. :mad: What I am trying to say is when for example someone filled in that they are 16 stone instead of 4stone, they could receive all the foodpacks they ever wanted to buy from them. So I thought : could it be somewhere cheaper?

Aw :( I really hope this isn't come over as negative. It just worries me so.

VLCDs are extreme, but they are also safe if the guidelines are adhered to. I'm pretty sure that the guidelines are put there to help, not to make life difficult for dieters.

When I think of what we have to go through as CDCs. The training, the modules, the forms!! The many rules. Must fill out this and that, must inform the doctor, must weigh and measure the client personally, must do this, do that, check again with this and that.

Even today, when I was asked to supply a CDer with two shakes because her CDC was away, I was told that I must see her face to face, complete the whole medical form, and weigh her etc. Just for 2 meals:eek:

Seems extreme I know, but we don't know if they are doing the diet when they shouldn't and their 'former CDC' might have refused to supply.

I'm sure you'll do what's right for you, but I bet there's a whole load of other people who shouldn't be doing a VLCD, and so going through online sites and not getting the advice and care that they should be getting :(

@KD : I think companies like CD and LL have to follow the rules of their insurance company (I suppose they have one?, or to keep them away from court and all sorts of problems ) They also need to keep up a well established name.
Other smaller companies are maybe not so worried and anorexic or people with all kinds of eating disorders can order untill they literally drop. :cry: Or people who suppose to be under the care of a GP whilst doing a vlcd.
Personally I feel that I am in between two thoughts. At the moment I can't choose between doing only W8 or W8 and dietimeal. (sometimes a bar from another brand like Atkins)
It is still difficult :confused: but I really like to hear all the opinions out there.

@KD : I think companies like CD and LL have to follow the rules of their insurance company (I suppose they have one?, or to keep them away from court and all sorts of problems ) They also need to keep up a well established name.

Very possibly :D, but that's beside the point. The more important thing is why the guidelines are there in the first place. Not necessarily the CD, LL, LT guidelines, but the N.I.C.E guidelines that are completely independant of the VLCD companies. I'm more interested in them. Being cynical and all that ;)

I think it's easy, when being on a forum such as this, and having so many people following a VLCD, to sort of view these diets as 'normal'. But they're not really are they. They are extreme. Research has shown them to be safe, as long as certain rules are followed, and it concerns me when these rules are completely disregarded.

Though I like to do my own research, there was no way I could do all the trials and get the results of years and years of research. Personally, I had to trust that they were following N.I.C.E. whether they liked it or not, so I had a good chance of coming on unscathed :D

I didn't want to be just slim, I wanted to get the best possible chance of being slim and healthy with it.

I know we all want the scales to show the results, and money is often an issue, but I didn't know exactly how much protein I would need to stop muscle loss and hence reduce my metabolism more than necessary. How important the balance was between calories, carbs, proteins etc. Exactly the vits and minerals that I needed without overdosing/underdosing. I wasn't really prepared to totally trust Cambridge at the beginning, as they are part of the diet industry.

I could trust N.I.C.E though as they were completely independant. And if they say ...it's okay if you do it this way...then that's fine be me.
It is still difficult :confused: but I really like to hear all the opinions out there.
I know, it is difficult, and difficult for me as a CDC to express my concerns without people thinking there is an ulterior motive (which there's not!). I just like people to make sure they are doing the best thing possible for them, and hopefully bear in mind that losing lots of weight doesn't necessarily mean you are getting healthier and keeping well. Some things show up much later in the long run, and I don't want folks to have regrets.

Not saying they will have regrets with dietimeal...but you know (see above:D)

Waffle, waffle, waffle :D

Thanks KD, I am more worried now. (I don't see that as bad though;)) Do you have any idea if Atkins and W8 following the N.I.C.E guidlines? Or does every mealpack with total mealreplacement and vlcd on it following these guidlines by law?

Thanks KD, I am more worried now. (I don't see that as bad though;)) Do you have any idea if Atkins and W8 following the N.I.C.E guidlines?

I really don't know. Only that the NHS follow it :D

Or does every mealpack with total mealreplacement and vlcd on it following these guidlines by law?

Sorry. No idea. Eek.

Back