Dieting, swimming and going to steam room but put on 4lbs! :(

bumblebee

Hi all

I can't work this one out!!! I weigh 10st 3 and am trying to get down to 9st 7 or less (I'm 5 ft 7 tall).

The strange thing is that I've upped my exercise to swimming 5 times a week for 40 mins. I also go into the steam room afterwards for about 20 mins. I have decreased my eating and yet in the last 2 weeks I have gone from 9stone 13 to 10st 3!!! Why have I put on weight???

I drink a large glass of red wine each night but have always done that so I just can't understand why I've put on weight?

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated

X

Hi Bumblebee

Try measuring yourself instead - if you are doing a lot of exercise you may be putting on muscle which weighs more. You could still be losing inches by toning up but weigh a little more. That's why the BMI calculations don't work for athletes and body builders - they look really slim but it is all muscle and weighs a lot.

You sound like you have a reallt healthy lifestyle - try and go by how you clothes fit rather than the scales maybe

Good luck

Carol x

Are you following any particular diet? Sometimes what may seem like a healthy diet may not actually be. It may be as Carolanski suggested and it could just be the increase of exercise. Good luck with it x

I'm not following any particular diet, just want to lose about half a stone, maybe bit more. I eat ryvita for breakfast, tuna salad for lunch and a weight watchers or heinz or Marks and Spencer ready meal in the evening.

Ready meals can have lots of hidden nasties, they are loaded with salt for preservation. Excess salt can make you retain water.

Have you considered joining a club or doing an online diet like Tesco or The Sun? I think The Sun one is free to join.

That sounds like a really good idea! How much should I aim to lose given my height and weight? I don't want to go too skinny but feel I have at least half a stone to lose.

Back