Dieting, swimming and going to steam room but put on 4lbs! :(

Discussion in 'General Weight Loss Discussion' started by bumblebee, 20 April 2008 Social URL.

1. bumblebee

bumblebee Member

Hi all

I can't work this one out!!! I weigh 10st 3 and am trying to get down to 9st 7 or less (I'm 5 ft 7 tall).

The strange thing is that I've upped my exercise to swimming 5 times a week for 40 mins. I also go into the steam room afterwards for about 20 mins. I have decreased my eating and yet in the last 2 weeks I have gone from 9stone 13 to 10st 3!!! Why have I put on weight???

I drink a large glass of red wine each night but have always done that so I just can't understand why I've put on weight?

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated

X

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Carolanski

Carolanski Back to it!

Start Weight:
    14st4lb
    Current Weight:
    11st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st10lb
    Lost(%):
    3st4lb(23%)
    Diet:
    W8
    Hi Bumblebee

Try measuring yourself instead - if you are doing a lot of exercise you may be putting on muscle which weighs more. You could still be losing inches by toning up but weigh a little more. That's why the BMI calculations don't work for athletes and body builders - they look really slim but it is all muscle and weighs a lot.

You sound like you have a reallt healthy lifestyle - try and go by how you clothes fit rather than the scales maybe

Good luck

Carol x

4. Taz

Taz Spam Hunter

Start Weight:
    17st12lb
    Current Weight:
    12st6lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st10lb
    Lost(%):
    5st6lb(30.4%)
    Diet:
    HGB
    Are you following any particular diet? Sometimes what may seem like a healthy diet may not actually be. It may be as Carolanski suggested and it could just be the increase of exercise. Good luck with it x

5. bumblebee

bumblebee Member

I'm not following any particular diet, just want to lose about half a stone, maybe bit more. I eat ryvita for breakfast, tuna salad for lunch and a weight watchers or heinz or Marks and Spencer ready meal in the evening.

6. Taz

Taz Spam Hunter

Start Weight:
    17st12lb
    Current Weight:
    12st6lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st10lb
    Lost(%):
    5st6lb(30.4%)
    Diet:
    HGB
    Ready meals can have lots of hidden nasties, they are loaded with salt for preservation. Excess salt can make you retain water.

Have you considered joining a club or doing an online diet like Tesco or The Sun? I think The Sun one is free to join.

7. bumblebee

bumblebee Member

That sounds like a really good idea! How much should I aim to lose given my height and weight? I don't want to go too skinny but feel I have at least half a stone to lose.

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.