Dieting with your partner?

Yambabe

Bad Girl
I know I've read that a couple of you (Honey? Stardreamer?) have been doing the diet along with your partners, and I wondered how it was going?

My OH was most impressed with this week's loss, and looking somewhat sadly at his beer belly said that he might think about giving it a go.

This would be a great help to me as he is a useless cook so even though I am not eating I still have to do at least one meal a day for him (hurrah for microwave ready meals lol) and sometimes it's quite hard smelling what I am preparing. If he goes to the chippy instead it's really hard. :(

However, I think it would be difficult for him and have thought about suggesting he starts when I do my refeed week in 4 weeks time then continues using the simple or healthy solution when I go back on to total.

I can't decide whether us dieting together would mean we would support each other and grow even closer or possibly cause us to have huge rows and try to tear each other apart. :eek:

No advice for you, but that is a great idea I am going to see if my hubby will do the same. He has tried both CD and w8 and didn't like either. Thanks :)

I think it is a good thing to be preparing food whilst on a VLCD. I have four children and an OH for whom I am constantly preparing huge meals, lunches and lunchboxes. Rarely does anyone else cook a meal instead of me. But this is all part of our relationship with food isn't it? I should be able to prepare a meal and think 'I don't want this therefore I won't have it!' I know it is not that simple, but it is a start on the journey to being able to control food instead of it controlling me.

If on my diet, I didn't have to come in to contact with food at all, I don't know how I would cope when it is time to in-introduce food to my diet. Of course, having so much food in the house and constantly cooking is a temptation and occasionally, I have given in to temptation, but I learn from that weakness, because I am realising that food doesn't solve any problems and it's pleasure is so short lived, whereas the feeling I have from losing weight lasts for ever.

Well the diet partnership is working well with me and hubby. It's great because we can support eachother when we are having a bad time and I feel that it has brought us closer together. Our children thinks it's fun!! They love the fact that we are competing against eachother and cant wait to see who can lose the most weight.
Give it a go Yambabe your have only weight to lose!!!!!.lol...........
Good luck and let us know how you get on!!!
xxxx

Well it's decided, he is going to do it! :eek:

He'll start when I do my refeed week and he will be be following me doing the 3 packs plus 1 meal for that week. At the end of the week he'll decide if he's going to stick with it, and if so whether to go Total (even if he has 4 packs a day) or Working.

Fingers crossed..........:cross:

I so wish i could do it with my boyfriend but as my brother put it when he first met him he is "ridiculously thin" - good genes the lucky bugger! His sister also seems to be effortlessly thin :( It's times like these that i curse my mediterranean child bearing hips!

Back