Dietninja returns...3 months to slimdom

Sorry your day hasn't been great seems like a bit of a trend amongst us all. You are very tight it is short term with long term gain xx

Sorry your day hasn't been great seems like a bit of a trend amongst us all. You are very tight it is short term with long term gain xx

If it was easy I guess none of us would have a weight problem...can you imagine it if everything were reversed and eating was a pain and made you feel rubbish...oh I'm starting my diet tomorrow, I can't wait. Not eating, it's such fun! What shall we not eat tonight? You know what...I really don't think I can manage a whole pack tonight! How about we go halves?

Can't imagine me saying any of those things!

Better go to bed. This diet is clearly messing with my brain!!!

I don't do the bars very often - if at all - as I find they make me feel more hungry :rolleyes:

Keep going Ninja, we'll get there together :)

Week 2 weigh in....drumroll pls....12.8.6...a loss of four pounds. I'm totally amazed and delighted...two days ago I was only down 2lbs and resigned to a cr*ppy loss!!!

I had a difficult day yesterday and sometimes I think the more difficult the day, the more weight I drop...may just be a mental thing (I want to believe that!) but it is a reminder that I should ignore the scales and have faith in the diet!!!

Daily weigh ins..

Fri (official): 12.12.6
Sat: 12.12.8
Sun: 12.12.6
Mon: 12.12.2
Tues: 12.10.8
Wed: 12.10.4
Thurs: 12.9.6
Fri (official) 12.8.6

Hey, well done you staying on a VLCD for the longest time ever :D Hope your little one is better soon. Heaps of luck for weigh in today.

Oops, just spotted your post. It wasn't showing just now for some reason :-/

Fabulous weight loss. So glad you got your whoosh :D Well done! Keep going :)

Hey, well done you staying on a VLCD for the longest time ever :D Hope your little one is better soon. Heaps of luck for weigh in today. Oops, just spotted your post. It wasn't showing just now for some reason :-/ Fabulous weight loss. So glad you got your whoosh :D Well done! Keep going :)

Why thank you!

I am soooo over this diet! Lol not really (yet) but it's winding me up. Not busy this am so have been craving all sorts of goodies!

Instead I had a whole bunch of asparagus with my chili pack and now feel warm (finally) and full (finally)...two feelings I miss on this diet!

I know that feeling well! (being over the diet! haha). Try to stick with it if you can. Remember why you started and remember that youre doing it by choice and (again) WHY you chose to restart. :) Of course you could stop at any time. But is that what you really want? hahaha. i love feeling full and warm. i think winter makes it hard because we're constantly cold and in winter, biologically....we have this compulsion to seek out that feeling of fullness and warmth. And then in the summer, its easier in some ways, but then....there is so much going on socially..that its hard to stick to. For me, we want to get out and about...as much as possible as its warmer....but then its partaking in lunch while we are out...or dinner out...or ice creams..etc...either way - its hard. lol. im trying to just tweak and bend and stick to my version. So I know I will get results...but it isnt the diet as it is written if that makes sense.

Im waffling! lol. Well done, anyway. I love the chili and I love asparagus!

You are so right. I'm choosing to do this and I'm choosing to do it for me. I just have to loosen up a little in my attitude and realise that eating low carb at the weekend is not a sin!!!! It's just a way of adapting the diet to cope :)

I need reminding of that...frequently.

I'm breaking the diet obsession and lethargy today by starting to exercise. I did Bob Harpers new DVD and it was great but REALLY hard!!! It was my ideal workout - short, simple, sweaty

It's basically a five DVD set, four short HIIT / crossfit based workouts on each disk. The discs are cardio; core; yoga; strength; abs.

I did the cardio one, which was basically an optional10 min yoga based warm up followed by 14 mins of hell! Complete 12 burpees (with press up) in a minute, then 25 air squats in a minute. Repeat 7 times. If you complete them fast you get to rest for the remainder of the minute. I generally got them done in 40 seconds so had 20 seconds left during which i wheezed and attempted to recover.

It was over v quickly which was good, and I'm glad I made it through although I had to modify the squats towards the end and I didn't add press ups on the end of the burpees because I can't do them...I can progress into them!

That sounds wicked! Burpees scare me to death. hahaha. I just cannot manipulate my body into that position....like..at all. Nevermind trying to wangle myself all...yeah. just..no. haha. Theres over 5'9" of me. thats a lot of height. Add to that the ...er...width. haha. Yikes. I certainly couldnt do 12 in a minute. Go you!

That sounds wicked! Burpees scare me to death. hahaha. I just cannot manipulate my body into that position....like..at all. Nevermind trying to wangle myself all...yeah. just..no. haha. Theres over 5'9" of me. thats a lot of height. Add to that the ...er...width. haha. Yikes. I certainly couldnt do 12 in a minute. Go you!

Funnily enough I've always loved burpees! Not sure why! But I'm short...maybe that helps...not as far to get down!

So today was...interesting!

I am over on cals but that's fine. I've been obsessing about marshmallows today and was going to throw in the towel. I too my eldest out for a hot choc today and had a skinny latte. not on plan but NOT the cake I wanted. I think it doesn't help that I'm coming down with a cold :/ But I'm feeling much better and chugging along.

And I'm determined to be a lot less whingey. After all, nobody's making me do this.

Ex - 13500 steps; 20 mins HIIT training DVD

B - shepherd pie pack (I know! Weird!)

L - asparagus spears and chilli pack

S - skinny latte

T - pork loin steak, stir fry veg

S - Exante Choco balls

1270 / 72

Last edited:
I've had a tougher day, too. An hour ago I wanted to eat so badly I thought, I can't handle this craving much longer. Minutes later I said, right! I need some toast and tea. So I made the tea and the toast - four wee thin slices of Polish bread. I'd already 'retired for the night' (!) with my laptop and glass of flavoured water so back upstairs I went with my tea and toast. I sipped some tea - with milk! What joy. Then I bit into one slice of toast, wavering madly. On impulse I picked up a carrier bag and wrapped-up the remaining three slices and put them on the other side of the room. Then I savoured my one slice and finished my tea.

PHEW! That was a close one. My problem, like that of so many here, is that once I start to eat I am 'off and running'. I really wanted that toast. I'd had two bars already today and could have had a third (one or even two extra packs is way better than a full-out binge) but I worried that I might want four bars tomorrow, and the day after...

If you have a slip, don't panic and don't kick yourself silly over it. We're always going to have hungry days, and snack attacks. Particularly on a VLCD. Far better to limit the damage than to hit the cupboard, running. I say this as though possessed of some amazing binge-limitation wisdom! LOL. Nope. Just very grateful that, tonight, I was blessed by being able to stop at an early stage. Need I add that the tea and toast were delicious?

Forgot to add my water...somewhere between 2.5-3 litres...lost count

Well done on such a high water consumption. I can't drink three litres of water every day. Whenever I try to do so it quickly becomes a chore. I average two litres per day with 2-3 additional teas or coffees. I always have a bit of milk because I hate black tea/coffee. I did once persevere with black coffee but I needed six sweeteners per cup to make it bearable! After three months of black coffee I one day realised I just couldn't drink any more LOL.

Well done on such a high water consumption. I can't drink three litres of water every day. Whenever I try to do so it quickly becomes a chore. I average two litres per day with 2-3 additional teas or coffees. I always have a bit of milk because I hate black tea/coffee. I did once persevere with black coffee but I needed six sweeteners per cup to make it bearable! After three months of black coffee I one day realised I just couldn't drink any more LOL.

It's not easy, drinking that much...I don't enjoy it but I know it helps so I try to drink it from half litre bottles which I down every couple of hours or so.

I found that with black coffee. I hate adding sweetener so I've cut down on coffee but the one or two I do have I have with milk.

Very well done on toast. This is by no means an easy diet but the more we get to learn to deal with challenges rather than binge, the better.

You are so right, eating low carb on the weekend is not a sin. You haven't had a mega blow out. All is well :) Huge well done on the exercise too. Hope the cold doesn't come to anything too much.

Back