Diets-im lost wots best to do???

white

I use to do ww and slimming world and lost 2 st in total, but now a st back up and need a diet to follow or any advice. im very unhappy and jus dnt know wot to do i need a real kick start. i have lost 7lb in a month do watching wot i eat, but now i really need to and want to get slimmer and beable to run around after my lovely 2yr old little boy.

my weight was always at around 8st no matter wot i ate, and now 3yrs on 5st heavier i would love some advice.
many thanks guys

It's important you find a diet which is right for you and your lifestyle and which you feel comfortable with. Have a read around, see what you think. This is one of those decisions that no one else can make for you!

Good luck, whatever diet you choose!

~Silence~

thanks very much i have been looking, and find a lot of ppl on LL or the CD, but these are so expensive. I wnat to losethe pounds but not from my pocket :0) lol. looking at your stats you have done gr8, are you jus doing this from home? watching wot you eat? wot sort of cals you have a day? sorry but any help from fellow dieters is gr8 motivation to help.

well done keep it up!!!!

I just watch what I eat and I think silence has done the same. you can get alot of info about diets in magazines and there are few recipes too, especially in a supermarket magazine.

thanks very much i have been looking, and find a lot of ppl on LL or the CD, but these are so expensive. I wnat to losethe pounds but not from my pocket :0) lol. looking at your stats you have done gr8, are you jus doing this from home? watching wot you eat? wot sort of cals you have a day? sorry but any help from fellow dieters is gr8 motivation to help.

well done keep it up!!!!

I'm just healthy eating, doing a bit of exercise and trying not to binge - admittedly I'm an emotional eater. I eat 3 healthy meals a day, limit carbs, fat and sugar, up the fruit and veg and protein. I don't watch calories.
It's a slow loss in comparison with a VCLD like CD or LL but it works for me - I've been dieting on and off, on variations of this diet since Easter 08 and have lost over 2 and a half stone. On average I lose a pound a week, well the weeks I've lost - lets say 2008 was a stressful year!

~Silence~

Last edited:
I'm doing slimming world because I find it easy to stick to, no weighing and measuring, and I can still eat lots. You have to find what works for you. Good luck!

I'm on the CD and you are correct it is expensive, even more than I first thought it would be but then you can lose weight quickly on it so something like this is good if your the type of person that needs to see instant results. If you're not then WW or SW would be better, especailly finanically. :) Let us know what you decide to do.

Thing is LL and CD seem expensive on the outset but when you look at the cost of your normal shopping, plus the extras like coffee etc it's not much different. Some people find it's cheaper. And like Phalanx said you see results really quickly, and I find it quite easy to stick to cos I'm not actually hungry on it.

But read around and choose the right diet for you, the one that feels right for your lifestyle.

CD is VERY!!!!! expensive. I'm a student; I wouldn't be nowhere near that amount of money on food per week! But!!! it's worth every penny. :)

x

iv done every diet going and now im properly calorie counting and exercising, and i lost 4lbs this week i truley think that you cant beat healthy eating and exercise :) x

I'm also a student and I'm on LL which is more expensive than CD.. I find a way of doing it, because I really want to do it.

Besides, it just adds motivation to stick to it 100%!

Have you looked at Diet Chef?? Proper healthy meals & soups in pouches to heat in the microwave - or on the hob - granola sachets for breakfast and a snack bar.

You can add a good serving of veg and 2 pieces of fruit a day as well as having some milk or yoghurt. It costs £47.50 per week although they often have offers on 5 wks for the price of 4. I bought 2 weeks worth initially and found that all of the products had their own web addresses on so began sourcing the food myself. Quite a few of the items are available in supermarkets now too. I reckon I've got it down to around £38 per week.

You don't have to think about preparing food etc and it really teaches you about portion control.

It isn't for everybody I know. Have a read around the Diet Chef posts on here - it's a sub-forum of GI diets. xx

hey there - i am on Lipo Trim - its brilliant for results, 1.5 stone off in 5 weeks.

People always cringe when i say its £36 a week - however i work full time and would eat brekkie and lunch out, then put my money into a weekly shop. I have actually saved money on this diet - the only pounds i am losing are coming from me not my purse :)

I think if you are a student and on a budget then maybe go back to Slimming World. The food can be prepared cheaply and will suit you better :)

Good luck with whatever diet you choose to follow!

Back