Difference between LL and CD

Hi, not sure about 4pks regardless.... but it is slightly hire in cals, and more expensive.

There seems to be more choice (foodpacks and things) with Cambridge...Lighterlife has a counsellor based meeting which adds to the cost I think.

With LL you have weekly counselling sessions based on Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT) and Transactual Analysis (TA) to address food issues and learn the reasons for why you overeat and gained weight etc (this is all done by a qualified LL counsellor). I think you also have 4 foodpacks a day and it is slightly higher in cals. It costs about £66 a week i think because you have the group therapy as well as the foodpacks.

I think CD has more variety of flavours in the shakes, soups and bars and it also does porridge and ready-made cartons of drink in 3 flavours.

On both diets you reintroduce food when you are at a healthy BMI. I'm not sure how its done on LL (check out the Route To Management (RTM) thread in the LL section) but with CD you build up your calories and reintroduce carbs slowly and the meals are Low GI. It should help to educate you about what foods to eat and portion control.

LL is more group based and CD is more one to one based.

I hope i have helped in some way. I am not sure on a few things so maybe you could ring your local LL and CD counsellors and enquire about the diets.

I wanted to do LL originally so i researched into it abit, but i couldnt do the diet due to contradicting factors :(.

Good luck hun xx

hi,

Lighter Life is 4 foodpacks per day regardless of height, and the counselling is a key part of the process.

I can only tell you my experience, I don't think it varies much though.

The group sessions last for about 2 hours, includes weighing and getting your packs. We had 12 in our group to start and after the first two weeks the group is closed. This is because you bond and end up sharing some quite personal stuff, and that becomes hard if you have new people joining all the time, by week 14 we were down to 6 people.

You get a few bits, shaker, bag, exercise ball and so on, and the counsellor does take you through a lot of the psychological side of things, Transactional analysis, CBT and so on which is quite interesting.

My CDC is really supportive, and in terms of the counselling - for me Minimins contributes that.

Financially LL is more expensive, but that is probably down to the counselling rather than the cost of the packs.

hope that helps - just my past experience, not the gospel truth

xxx

hi,

Lighter Life is 4 foodpacks per day

BTW, when I was doing Cambridge, LL was 3 packs a day.

They suddenly had a big shake up, reduced the size of the packs and added another to make up. I think the total calories stayed the same. They added those extras (DVD at meetings...gym ball etc) and almost doubled the weekly price.:eek:

They lost a lot of customers (well, people I saw on the forum;)), but have no doubt made up for this finacially.

I should imagine that losing 66% would equal out the books.

They suddenly had a big shake up, and almost doubled the weekly price.:eek:

The price was the killer for me....I just couldn't afford to carry on. CD, for me is far more affordable. (and the packs taste better too!:D)

xxx

The price was the killer for me....I just couldn't afford to carry on. CD, for me is far more affordable. (and the packs taste better too!:D)

xxx

i agree i did LL and the other thing is you drink 4l of water a day with them, i didnt like the fact the meetings were on a set day and time if i couldnt make it to a meeting my counsellor would kinda give me a hard time, but i was more successful wi LL cos having the group meetings pushed me to lose the weight and your homework was good to. my CD counsellor is too nice if im bad she doesny give me a row (i wish she would) sometimes could do wi a gid kick up the arse lol xxx

. my CD counsellor is too nice if im bad she doesny give me a row (i wish she would) sometimes could do wi a gid kick up the arse lol xxx

right then melissa. you and me kiddo...when we weigh in we'll tell each other and arse kickings :asskick: will be administered where necessary. (you can only get a super shiny angel girl star if you are VERY good!)

I need the tough love too and my CDC wouldn't shout at a rampaging polar bear.

xxx

Reactions: KD
hey rach sounds good im off the diet till saturday as had a friend up staying and a few meals out plus its my bday on friday, but ready to go 100% from saturday xxx

my CDC wouldn't shout at a rampaging polar bear.

xxx

That really made me laugh :8855:

Seriously though, as a CDC it's hard to get the balance. Too soft, and they'll say you're too soft, too hard and they'll look at you as if you don't understand, or wonder what on earth they are doing coming to get moaned at when they are beating themselves up enough already.

Even if they say "be hard on me", if it happens they give you the look that says "I didn't mean it :eek:" (not that I've ever been hard on anyone!)

At the end of the day, for long term success, it makes no difference. Unless they are doing it for themselves, apart from good advice about how to administer the diet, self-appraisal and a strong desire to lose weight works best in the long run.

BTW, though this shouldn't be done, I refused to let my CDC weigh me. I told her how much I lost each week, and didn't really seek appraisal nor criticism. Only I knew how much I could take of either.

BTW, when I was doing Cambridge, LL was 3 packs a day.

They suddenly had a big shake up, reduced the size of the packs and added another to make up. I think the total calories stayed the same. They added those extras (DVD at meetings...gym ball etc) and almost doubled the weekly price.

Ah so that's what happened...I did Lighterlife when it was still called Lifeline way back in 2000...

BTW, though this shouldn't be done, I refused to let my CDC weigh me. I told her how much I lost each week, and didn't really seek appraisal nor criticism. Only I knew how much I could take of either.

KD I saw that you mentioned this in a previous post. I've always felt that I've had to justify my weight (losses or gains) to WW or SW leaders (but thats just me - nothing that they have done) and I wondered if I could get the packs and not get weighed weekly, but maybe monthly?

I like getting weighed in Boots because the scales do my BMI too.

I might speak to my CDC...(who despite not yelling at polar bears is very lovely)

xxx

KD I saw that you mentioned this in a previous post. I've always felt that I've had to justify my weight (losses or gains) to WW or SW leaders (but thats just me - nothing that they have done) and I wondered if I could get the packs and not get weighed weekly, but maybe monthly?

CDCs do have to weigh you. Fortunately, mine hadn't read that page :D

You do have to be very self-motivated, but then, to be successful, you have to be anyway, regardless of your CDC :D

Know exactly what you want, and how you are going to get it. Then go get :)

I must say that doing it this way really helped stop my addiction to eating like pacman straight after a weigh in, as there was no weigh in :D

It wasn't really anything to do with her not weighing me...just the mindset. Making it totally my journey.

Speak to your CDC if you think that monthly weighins would suit you more, but it doesn't matter really.

LOL I loooove this description! :8855:

It was like that Serena. Well, pacman on speed :D Sometimes, the only way I could get food in quick enough, was to push it down with more food :eek:

Scary!

It was like that Serena. Well, pacman on speed :D Sometimes, the only way I could get food in quick enough, was to push it down with more food :eek:

Scary!

Scary indeed. But so nice to know that it is something that can be successfully tackled long-term :)

cd was more affordable for me. I only see my cdc every 2 weeks now makes it much easier as I find it hard to get to her at times. Once I am in the 10 stones I may only see her once a month depending on funds !

i agree i did ll and the other thing is you drink 4l of water a day with them, i didnt like the fact the meetings were on a set day and time if i couldnt make it to a meeting my counsellor would kinda give me a hard time, but i was more successful wi ll cos having the group meetings pushed me to lose the weight and your homework was good to. My cd counsellor is too nice if im bad she doesny give me a row (i wish she would) sometimes could do wi a gid kick up the arse lol xxx

we can always give you a kick up the backside if you want one, if you know what i mean!!!!

yeah could do wi one now and again lol xxx been 100% today thats an achievement for me!!!

Back