Differences you've suddenly noticed

suepat10

I am one of the 63336
We had a chat on here back in the spring but thought it may be an inspiration to anyone who may be 'flagging'.

Back then (having lost 3 stone) I suddenly realised I could cross my fingers without struggling as I had done for years.

When I had first started I was getting a sore knee but that went after I'd lost about half a stone.

I've lost half a stone since going back on plan (my stats say 5.5lb after a 4lb gain over Xmas but I feel I've lost the 1.5lb to get back to the half stone) and was sitting in the hairdresser on Wednesday and I realised I had my legs crossed. Not 'properly' but my right leg was perched just above my left knee which I've not been able to do for yonks!

I have a lot more energy now, but I've also noticed that when I sit in a chair in a restaurant, I don't overflow anymore.
Before, my bottom and upper thighs used to overflow and hang over the side, but now I can actually see some of the chair either side of my thighs!
I know this is silly but it makes me really chuffed. Chairs and seats are scary things when you are big aren't they !?!?

I know this is silly but it makes me really chuffed. Chairs and seats are scary things when you are big aren't they !?!?

It's not silly in the slightest. I HATED last summer as so many of our seafront cafes have plastic chairs so I'd spend all my time sitting in them in agony while trying to 'balance' most of my weight on my legs rather than the chair legs in case they broke.

I've definitely noticed a LOT more energy as well. I'm lighter on my feet and a lot more agile. I feel a lot stronger too because I can exercise properly now, its great! :D

I have a lot more energy now, but I've also noticed that when I sit in a chair in a restaurant, I don't overflow anymore.
Before, my bottom and upper thighs used to overflow and hang over the side, but now I can actually see some of the chair either side of my thighs!

I feel your pain on that one its so embarrassing when you cant fit into a seat, I worry everytime I go to pictures, theatres, restaturants and planes about not fitting into their seats.

I have noticed that my rings are no longer tight on my fingers and they are beginning to move around a little bit, they aren't coming off yet though, but in time :D

Years ago I lost about 3.5 stone on dodgy diet pills over about 4 months (I know they are bad, but I loved them). The thing that I loved was being able to fit onto the swings when I took my eldest daughter (then an only child) without the crippling pain of the chains jammed into my hips and thighs. I cannot wait to do the same now I have 2 more children of play park age... Remembering this (because of this thread!!), reminds me of another incentive!!! Thanks suepat10!!!

Well, I look slimmer obviously! More engery and my skin looks fab!But mostly it's my confidence. I feel so much better about myself now x

After losing a stone I'm finding it much easier to walk up hills! I don't think it's because I'm that much fitter as I haven't actually been out doing much cardiovascular exercise during the last few weeks! I think it's simply because I'm not lugging an extra stone up the hill with me!! Also the double chin that was starting to develop has disappeared completely!!

much less tired and more energy. Can go for brisk walks without getting out of breath. Best of all, i can buy clothes in any shop and not just those that do larger sizes for the first time in years:)

I can exercise without calling for the paramedics! And when I sit down my belly isn't resting half way down my thighs :eek:

Just thought of another one - had my hair cut on Wednesday and my face now looks square (got a knobbly bit of chin now before double chin starts as opposed to it starting just before my bottom lips!) rather than just hugely round!

Being a size 20 ish and having my friend drop 4 dress sizes with SW and having a new wardrobe of clothes cos said friend was no longer able to fit in them! i came across this dress strapless black and white 50 style dress and i put it on before xmas and it just wouldn't do up..... was mortified as it was gorgeous!!

Then last night having gained 2lb over xmas :D and restarting on 5th jan i thought i just try it probs wont go any where near cos of the gain and for some reason don't ask my how hwy or where it fitted me!!!

bit tight but i still got in it and its an 18!!!!

I have Rheumatoid Arthritis and this time last year my mobility was virtually nil - it's still not too good - but it's a lot better than it was and will continue to be so as I lose more weight.....

when i dropped a dress size i felt more comfortable in my own skin and less conscious. such a great feeling to look in the mirror again without being scared :D

Only been back on it 100% since last Sat but I am so much more awake now. I can stay up till 11pm - usually was in bed by 9pm! I am hoping to post some more on here in the near future x

I was talking to OH about this last night actually. I haven't had a cold this winter. In fact, I think the last time I got one was ...er...I can't remember. Summer probably!
I used to get quite a lot of colds and I was guaranteed to have one over Christmas. This year's lack of illness I put down to being a healthy weight, eating loads of fruit and veg with heaps of vitamins and good stuff in, exercising and being generally a healthier human :D

I love the feeling of my collar bone being more defined and my engagement ring feeling loose. Ive also lost 2 of my 3 chins and am liking what I see in the mirror more. Im gaining more confidence with every week that goes by, im really proud of myself for once which is the nicest feeling in the world.

Back