Different body shapes/sets

Lexie2005

5:2 lover
So being nosey here.... I was wondering what weight we are & what size clothes we wear. See some people don't believe in the "heavy bones" thing but I have a friend & when we used to weigh the same I was a 22 & she was an 18 & although she is 3" taller than me I think she must have heavier set than me else how do you explain the difference....

So I am wearing a size 18 bottom (although some of them are loose) & a 16 top weighing 12st 8.8lbs. Oh & I'm 5ft 3

Last edited:
Hi I wear 18 bottom and 16 / 18 (or 14 is i buy from sainsburys!!) top and I'm 13 st 7 - I have the same with a friend of mine - she is about 3 stone heavier an inch shorter and looks visibly larger than me yet she wears 18-20 so I think there is no rhyme or reason!

That's why I am aiming for a size/shape rather than weight!

ems789 said:
Hi I wear 18 bottom and 16 / 18 (or 14 is i buy from sainsburys!!) top and I'm 13 st 7 - I have the same with a friend of mine - she is about 3 stone heavier an inch shorter and looks visibly larger than me yet she wears 18-20 so I think there is no rhyme or reason!

That's why I am aiming for a size/shape rather than weight!

What height are you? I forgot to add that in my original post, I've just added it now x

Also 5ft 3. I have quite a high waist and most of my weight is around my middle. I've always had 'chunky thighs' even when I was a size 12! And I'm a 38dd - and I have a good ratio if fat to tissue in them according to my doc when I was examined recently because of a suspected lump 8-} ) which apparantly means that even as I lose weight they will not shrink much (cue cheering from my OH) so I know it would be unrealistic to think I could be a size 8

I'm 5ft3, 15 ish stone and wear 18/16 bottoms and tops.

When I was under 13stone I wore 14 bottom and top.

Where as my sister 5ft4 and 9 1/2 stone is a 12/14 bottom but 8/10 top. (she's got a big bum!!!)

busybee_mummy said:
I'm 5ft3, 15 ish stone and wear 18/16 bottoms and tops.

When I was under 13stone I wore 14 bottom and top.

Where as my sister 5ft4 and 9 1/2 stone is a 12/14 bottom but 8/10 top. (she's got a big bum!!!)

Gosh see that proves it cos we are the same height & size but I'm over 2 stone less......

I'm 5ft 7.
13:10
Size 14 top
Size 16 bottom in jeans but 14 in dresses and skirts

I know I have a large frame though.
When I was 22 I weighed 12 stone and was a size 12/14. I've always weighed a lot heavier than I look

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

I'm 5'4 (& a bit lol) almost 5'5 I'm a 16/14 top and a 16/14 bottom BUT!! My tummy area under boobs before waist is an 18/16 depending on stage of bloating.. So I tend to buy an 18/16 top as it looks better round my tummy area..

My weight at mo is 88kgs (13.12st / 194lbs)

I don't carry my weight round my hips or bum, just round the area from under boobs to hips, arms, inner thighs etc :(

I'm 5ft 1, and currently weigh 12st 9ish. I wear a size 16. At my heaviest (16st, 7) I wore size 20 - 22.

My friend who is 5ft 5in weighs 10 stone and wears a size 14.

It varys so much!

I am 13.12 and I am 14-18 on top and 16/18 on bottom.. It really depends where I am buying from. I am 5ft 2.5 :)

I'm 5'8" and currently around 15.5st. I'm a classic apple shape, and am in 18s trousers at the moment, but still wearing some old 22s tops, albeit they're quite a bit loose on me! I don't want the expense of buying a lot of new clothes whilst I'm still shrinking, lol. xx

This is really interesting..

I am 5ft 9in and weigh 16st 3lbs. I wear a 20 bottom and 18 top but I carry the weight around my bum and upper legs - I was at my Mum's this weekend and can get into a 16 in a skirt that is not fitted around the bottom area!! - My waist is much smaller in proportion to the rest of my bottom half making trousers/jeans difficult to buy so they ft properly.

Hmmmm said:
This is really interesting..

I am 5ft 9in and weigh 16st 3lbs. I wear a 20 bottom and 18 top but I carry the weight around my bum and upper legs - I was at my Mum's this weekend and can get into a 16 in a skirt that is not fitted around the bottom area!! - My waist is much smaller in proportion to the rest of my bottom half making trousers/jeans difficult to buy so they ft properly.

I have exactly the same problem with trousers!! Nightmare and my waist seems to be the place I lose weight from first Grrr x

Im like small but fat and heavy, Im 5'2/3 about 12 stone 3 and size 12 on top, more like 14 on bottom, Im rather evenly spread out including chunky legs.
My sister wears size 8 and still isnt skinny, its weird. When I was a bit smaller I wore some size 10 tops yet my bmi was 27 so I was still overweight!
It probably depends on where the weight goes, my legs and bum make trousers very difficult but my smaller waist makes wearing dresses rather nice (except when they get stuck on my bum!)

I'm 5'4, 18ish stone and around a 24 bottom and 22-24 tops Lost around 3 stone since I started after my brothers wedding (2010) but I was only a 26 bottoms 24 top then, so it hasnt impacted my size very much

18st 4 and wearing 22 tops and 20 jeans. biggest thing I have in my wardrobe is a 26/28 cardigan which is now huge but I refuse to throw it away because its so warm and snuggly!

LisaM1977 said:
I am 13.12 and I am 14-18 on top and 16/18 on bottom.. It really depends where I am buying from. I am 5ft 2.5 :)

See that one proves it for me as I weigh 12:8 & we are the same size & height

Lexie2005 said:
See that one proves it for me as I weigh 12:8 & we are the same size & height
Bizzare isn't it x

Here you go Rachel xx

Back