Different body shapes/sets

I'm 5 ft 8, 13st 10 and wear a 16 both top and bottom. My problem is that tops actually dont fit around my shoulders and waist - I could probably do with being in a 14 there, but my bust is big and my stomach gets in the way!

Its all very interesting, my friend has the same bmi as me but she is taller, a bigger dress size, heavier, but we have the same bmi, and I think she was shocked at my bmi and weight. my sister is smaller than me, lighter too but very similar in build, my dad joked that shes made of concrete as shes always been solid!

what about peoples measurements? dress sizes vary so much, maybe we should do height, weight, bust, waist hips or is that getting to complex now..?!

Lol :) not too complex but I think it would be even more infuriating as we discover that we are skinnier than somebody else but take a bigger dress size :)
But I'm game if you are

I'm mainly a 14 except jeans 16

Height 5ft 7
Weight 13:7

Bust 39.5
Waist 34
Hips 45.5

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Ok here's me
Height 5ft 5 and a bit lol
Weight 13:3 st

Bust 40 (bra 36C)
Waist 38
Hips 40 (depends on time of mth)
Real hips no tummy overhang 38
Size 16 top and bottom - bottom almost a size 14.

Im 5ft 9ins, 14st 8.5 lbs and wear a size 18/20. When i lost weight 8 years ago i got down to a size 16 and was 15 stones. Weird how Im a bigger size clothes size now even though i weigh less

What an interesting post. I was looking for someone as tall as me for an idea lol.
Mine
Height 5"11 and a half lol
Weight 22.2
Size 20/22

I do believe its all abt everyones own physique.. Im 5ft 5 and half, weight 16.4lbs and size 18-20. (20 trosers and 18 top) however when I was between 11st 6lbs to 12st 4lbs - i was a size 12/14 both on top and 14 at bottom.. Even then they were a bit lose...i have always looked rather lighter than my actual weight..

What an interesting post. I was looking for someone as tall as me for an idea lol.
Mine
Height 5"11 and a half lol
Weight 22.2
Size 20/22
I'm 5"10 and 21st 7lb and im a 22/24 if that helps :)

I'm 5 ft 8, 13st 10 and wear a 16 both top and bottom. My problem is that tops actually dont fit around my shoulders and waist - I could probably do with being in a 14 there, but my bust is big and my stomach gets in the way!

I'm with you entirely on the boob thing.

Last time I had dropped at least 5 dress sizes up top but I was still in the same size tops because the boobs hadn't reduced more than a few inches :mad: so they fit me around the chest, but buried me on the arms, shoulders, back, stomach etc.

It's swings and roundabouts...!!

When I first started my diet in Feb I was 17 stone 2 and an Evans 22-24 on top and 22 on bottom. I'm 5 foot 4inches.

I'm currently 14 stone and 7lbs and a size 16 to 18 on top and bottom. My size 18 skirts are a bit too loose on me now but 16's are too snug done up. My tops are a mix now of size 16 and size 18 depending on the style and where I bought them from.

I tend to think the taller the person is, the better they can carry off weight. I was chatting to a new lady at WW this morning and she was taller than me and looked far slimmer but was on an allowance of 33 points per day where as I'm only allowed 29 - really surprised me as she looks far lighter than me!

Back