Difficult few days coming up

JodieJoJo

Silver Member
May have a difficult few days coming up in the next few weeks.

Not sure yet but will probably be visiting the in-laws in Turkey for a few days.

I love going there but food is a major factor in the Turkish culture. My mum in law will be cooking for days in preparation!

I don't want to offend her so I'm trying to think about what I'll do. She literally force feeds me when i go there!

May try to SS while i am there rather than 790 as it might just be easier all round. On the other hand it would be nice to eat something and she will be so disappointed if i don't eat anything at all... oh dear, what shall i do?!:confused:

Hiya

If you are on sole source then I would say stick with the programme if you can, at the end of the day if you explain that you are on a diet to become healthy and you are doing very well then don't rock the boat.

The food will always be there next time you visit.

Mike

Hi Mike

I'm on 790 at the moment but thought it might be easier to do SS while I'm away. I probably wouldn't have much control over the cooking so it might be safer!

Hiya

If your ticker is right then you shouldn't be on SS or 790 anymore ??????

Mike

really?????

I started ss on the 26th June at 12st 5lb. I started 790 12 days ago as i couldn't face ss anymore. I'm now 10st 7 and need to lose another stone. I'm 5ft 4.

Should i be on another plan then?

Hiya

Official advice is that you can only do SS/790 until you are a stone over a BMI of 25.

Your current BMI is 25.2. You should have come off of 790/SS when your BMI was 27.5 then which would have been 160 pounds (11 stone 6 pounds) and then moved onto 1000 calories to finish your weight loss.

Chat this over with your CDC and get their take on it.

Mike

Thanks Mike - i'll have a word

No probs

I do realise that everyone wants to do SS and crash through their goal weight but the key to long term weight loss is stabilising and then doing the maintenance properly. The problem with crashing through the finish line is that you then tend to not do the maintenance properly and that inevetibaly leads to problems etc etc.

Mike

i am sure that you are right - the difficult part isn't losing the weight, it's keeping it off!

I am determined to follow all of the maintenance steps to the letter as I don't want to have to go through of all this again!!!

Interesting thread....

bet you feel in more of a dilema now Jodie - best you speak to your CDC sooner rather than later as Mick giving sound advice as usual...

Back