DIFFICULT WEEK

Katemimi

Hi everyone I am new to this site and just looking for some help and support whilst on the LT diet.

Its my 3rd time on it and I am struggling this week, my first week,:confused: I have to cook for hubby and kids so after tasting the food its soooo hard not to nibble, I made hot x buns today and lost to temptation and I have fallen into the trap of putting milk in my tea, I feel such a loser, I so want to lose this weight but can't stick to it 100%.

I get weight tomorrow so have no idea what the outcome will be:(:( but I am afraid it will be so bad, I will just lose it and pig out.

The scales at the chemists (on first weigh in) gave 5 different readings ranging from 12 st 13lbs down to 12st 7lbs, the week before diet I weighed 13st 2lbs on the scales at Boots.

I am going with the 13stone 2llbs as my start point as I weighed that amount consistently in Boots so will weigh there tomorrow for more accurate reading.

I am on here stating that I will follow the LT diet faithfully from tomorrow on and hope that I do not beat myself up with a bad reading tomorrow

Any helps or tips on keeping on the straight and narrow would be very very much appreciated.

Hi.

I'd suggest the first thing you could do is NOTHING RASH!! Regardless of your result tomorrow (today now?) losing the plot and going on a food bender isn't going to help. Jut try and stay calm, focussed and maybe ask yourself why you struggled this week. We all have our various weaknesses and we just need to think of ways around or through them.

I know some people write down the reasons for wanting to diet. Some make short term goals while others just focus on that finish point and nothing else.

You said that you cooked hot cross buns today and caved in. Maybe sending hubby out to buy them instead would have helped you a little? If you're struggling to drink tea without the milk it might be an idea to give up tea for a week or two? I have a black coffee (it wasn't my favourite before the diet) every week when I visit my mum and it's like angel's dancing on my tongue now.

We all just have to try and learn from mistakes and as you say, take on board the suggestions of others to try and come up with something that works for us.

I never go by the scales at the chemist. I always weigh myself at home (you'll be glad to hear), first thing in the morning with no clothes on. I find that my weight changes during the day and I never wear the same things twice when I go to the chemist, again altering the weight. Besides, his kilos are just too Continental for me! :p

I hope you do get your head around the diet because once it does start to come of the feeling you get really is great and it spurs you on to continue towards your goals. It does also get easier after a week or two as you tend to get into a routine.

All the best and I hope you are on here next week, whooping and hollering about how much you lost!

Hi Kate, I hope the great advice from Mr C helps you. I think you are being quite hard on your self as its very early days. It takes a good few weeks to settle into the L.T lifestyle but it does happen. At the moment it will all seem very alien to live with such drastic changes but in time it will all feel quite normal and remember its not forever. Personally I feel if you really take on board the advice on the lipotrim video it explains really well why you need to be 100 % its to make it easier for yourself. Until L.T feels natural it may be easier to ask for a bit of extra support with cooking, I had to cook for my family the first time I did L.t but I didnt find it easy until I was into it by a few more weeks. After that I could bake for them and everything. Take one day at a time, be kind to your self and I hope you have a great weigh loss good luck huni :)

Sorry to hear about this, hun. I've had a difficult week too, and no excuses because it's my second :/ I can tell you the hunger DOES go. My problem now is that people keep trying to give me food and I get irritable because food isn't appetising any more and I don't want to jeopordise my losses. I had two slip-ups in my first week and lost 6lb, with it also being my TOTM, so I don't think you'll be in drastic trouble :) xx

Back