Difficulty Overcoming Bad Habits

Hi all,

I am not afraid to admit that I am struggling to stay on a diet. I think it's because I have been down this route so often with success, only to slide back to square one - and then some! I can be very good at almost get in 'the zone' for a while - I think my problems start to spiral when I have had to use food as a crutch for practically everything for far too long. I have got to a stage now that I feel 'unsafe' when I do lose weight (and let me tell you I am several stones overweight) and self-sabotage to combat this feeling.

My limbs don't like it, nor does my body generally. I want to find the missing mojo and just get back into it. I am looking towards healthy meals (Slimming World possibly) and generally move around more. Especially when Xmas is round the corner and would like to be at least a stone lighter.

Anyone else feel like this? Really do need some encouragement right now :-/

I feel similar. I get to the stage where I want to lose weight by a certain date and then put too much pressure on myself and sabotage my diet out of fear of failing or something. Difficult cycle to break.

I feel similar. I get to the stage where I want to lose weight by a certain date and then put too much pressure on myself and sabotage my diet out of fear of failing or something. Difficult cycle to break.

I must admit, in signing back up to MiniMins, I have cut back a bit on eating rubbish and I am looking towards eating better alternatives. I am hoping to start a proper diet next week as it coincides with me going back to uni (I am a mature student, currently doing my final year, reading English :) )

Back