Dilemma!

Wishbird007

Gold Member
Hi
I am slightly panicking as I am off to a monthly meal that we n friends have at each-other's house n this time it's my friends n we have a 3 course meal then cheese n crackers with wine/lager etc!
So my day will be the same but wot about the dinner? Do I just eat bits of each course, not drink the lager just the wine, I am always too full for cheese n crackers anyway so I can skip them but any suggestions?
x

b cool :cool:Dont panic..lol

It will be fine, you have to realize this is not an everyday thing so this will happen once in a while so just role with it...

Its highly unlikely you will be able to correctly calculate the calories. so if you can, rely on your body to tell you how to eat.

Not every one finishes whats put on their plate, so just eat a small portion of each course and remember not to get to that stage of feeling too full. so if you eat but save a little space, you will probably be fine.

I dont drink but i do know its full of cals, so maybe you could avoid that?? .....or dont eat and just drink;) but don't do both.

Or the alternative is, just take the day off. At the end of the day, if its a one off its never going to be hugely damaging overall. You may not loose weight that week but your unlikely to gain over one splurge.

I think make a plan of what you are going to do before you go, so when your there, you do not have to worry or feel guilty and you can just have fun.

I am often in this situation and i find i just have a v.small portion to satisfy me enough not to be hungry. so you can still feel included without feeling too guilty. I find if i try and be too good and really restrict myself i end up binging anyway, so at least this way its a controlled day off:)

I totally agree with Nadia, her advice is brilliant! :)

Cheers guys! I will defo decide b4 I go I was thinking of eating most of each course n just sticking to wine, no lager n no cheese n crackers! I don't want to offend my friends lol x ;-)

Back