Ding Dong the Enemy's dead!

How are you finding the calorie book? I am loving counting calories, it takes away the guilt at eating chocolate......Mmmm.

I love it its great I bought the pocket calorie counter by Carolyn Humphries, its so small just pop it in my handbag - also shows whether its hi/lo carb and fat content. Haven't had the need to use it yet tho as only on day two! But yeah curly wurlys are good as I see from your diary x

I am struggling to eat so many calories to maintain because most of my choices are healthy and not so high in calories, but what a great predicament to be in.

I am struggling to eat so many calories to maintain because most of my choices are healthy and not so high in calories, but what a great predicament to be in.

Totally agree....I'm afraid to eat anything like a twirl or curly-wurly though...I just think back to how I used to be....one was never enough and you mentioned multi-pack, that would be a nightmare for me - can't leave it opened can you! lol

I've had a good go at some meat tonight and feel so bloated, without going into detail, have only been once proper since getting back of hols, so had another fybogel today, so maybe that's making me bloated. :(

Mark, I make sure I have some fibre every day in my pitta bread, porridge etc, also plenty of salad and at least 3 pieces of fruit. I have not had any trouble at all since eating again.

Well the multipack thing is okay for me, I buy them for my Husband and I have to be quick to get one before he scoffs them all lol.

Wow! Another 3lbs off! You must be doing something right kiddo! You're a shining example to all of us aspiring refeeders. Have you been hungry at all?? And are you using the maintenance products? I've only seen a couple mentioned. We've worked so hard to get all these free samples :)

Aww thanks Jan. Not hungry, just when its approaching meal times, but I have never felt starving like I used to do before dieting. Filling up at meal times and choosing healthy options.

I should start to use the maintenance products, but to be honest, enjoying my porridge for breakfasts so should maybe add one in as a snack. I did love the summer fruits one, its the only one I have used except for the bar.

Do you still go to the pharmacy to get weighed? I'm just wondering when/if you're 'on your own' so to speak....

I am going next week, but then onwards I will go once a month, probably for the first month then just monitor it myself.

Saturday 25th April

Breakfast
45g porridge with 150ml skimmed milk and 150ml of water (210 kcal)
Apple (60 kcal)

Lunch
1 wholemeal pitta bread (142 kcal)
2 laughing cow extra lite cheese triangles (40 kcal)
small salad (50 kcal)
Apple (60 kcal)
Pear (45 kcal)

Dinner
Chicken Broth (200 kcal)
Chicken pieces 70g (100 kcal)
Yogurt (75 kcal)
2 tangerines (50 kcal)

Snacks
150g grapes (90 kcal)
3 Tesco salt and vinegar rice cakes (84 kcal)

Drinks 4 teas with skimmed milk (44 kcal)
Squash (15 kcal)

Total calories 1265.

Sunday 26th April (following 2 nightshifts so started eating later.

Breakfast 2pm
1 orange creme maintenance sachet (144 kcal)
119g grapes (70 kcal)

Snack 5pm
Yogurt (49 kcal)
1 tangerine (25 kcal)

Dinner 7pm
155g Trout (209 kcal)
80g new potatoes (90 kcal)
80g carrots (20 kcal)
50g cabbage (8 kcal)

Drinks 3 teas (33 kcal) Lemon squash (10 kcal) 1 330ml can of Stella Lager (145 kcal)

Total calories 803 calories.
I will probably eat more later, but its difficult after 2 x 12 hour nightshifts.

Sounds like you're doing great...wouldn't worry too much about yesterdays "small" eating day...we all get days like that, as long as you feel OK.

I took your advice and discussed with my OH about brekkies and she decided that I'd try porridge (I love it how you women can make decisions for us men, but never for yourselves - If you're reading this JanD, I believe that makes it 1-1! lmao).

So this morning, I had a small bowl of porridge with a few raisins in it made with 50/50 skimmed milk and water. I've been struggling with milk since I came of TFR...can't handle it in my coffee, nor can I drink it straight as I used to.

The porridge was bland and creamy ....yuk, but strangely tasty when it got a raisin in it! lol

I have a good supply of honey at home (father-in-law keeps bees), so I may try it with water only tomorrow and a small spoon of honey mixed in.

Was quite filling and hopefully doesn't have the same effect as the eggs! lol

Yesterdays food, didnt count calories was too busy.
Breakfast, porridge and honey.
Lunch, small salad with chicken and pitta bread, yogurt.
Dinner, Fillet steak, salad and jacket potato.
Snacks, apple and some grapes.

LOL.........glad to have made the decisions for him, aren't we Jan.

I totally love porridge, with half milk, half water and honey.

Nah ... didn't read it ... :whistle: :crazy: x

Hmmm - thought you say that! lol

Must admit, I'm getting into the porridge now with the honey and raisins.

I need to check the portion size though. My OH makes one portion then splits between us (using a small cup as a measurement).

But as always, she's a woman so must be right, eh? hahaha

Hahaha - a good sorting out with two ladies...definitely what I need at the moment! lol

Not having a good day at work! :(

Aww hope your day gets better. If not, I am sure your OH will be able to sort you out when you get home. Us women are so good at nagging.
This is my last day off, back to work tomorrow :-(

Back