Ding Dong the Enemy's dead!

Hollybobs, hollybobs, hollybobs........yay girlies, on a roll now. Good luck everyone for today.

I am in work all day and I have brought,

Breakfast - Weetabix.
Snack - Special k bliss bar.
Lunch - ww soup, 2 slices of soya and linseed bread. Jar of cockles.
Snack - Apple.

Dinner tonight - Brocolli, carrots, ww shepherds pie.

I bought the WW meals to help with my portion control again, as I did notice my portion sizes were increasing.

Sounding and looking good Mary :) xxx

Breakfast - Porridge.
Lunch - Ham salad sandwich, sugar free jelly and yogurt.
Snack - Apple.
Dinner - Chicken stew. Made a huge saucepan of stew, carrots, parsnips, onions, leeks, green beans, carrots, flavoured with lots of curry powders and spices. Its also got red lentils and chick peas in it, so all good and healthy and slow release.

Ooooooooooo Mary! That sounds gorgeous!!! Yum! And another good day hon! xxx

Breakfast - Porridge.
Lunch - Ham salad sandwich, sugar free jelly and yogurt.
Snack - Apple.
Dinner - Chicken stew. Made a huge saucepan of stew, carrots, parsnips, onions, leeks, green beans, carrots, flavoured with lots of curry powders and spices. Its also got red lentils and chick peas in it, so all good and healthy and slow release.

Hi Kered.. just reading this through, as newish to the site..I make a Roasted Veg Stew/Soup - my own recipe, its really tasty as roasting brings out the flavour, and its easy, but does take time as I cut up everything and lay it on a roasting tin , - theres leeks, carrots, aubergines, butternut squash, peppers, mushrooms, celery, garlic, tomatoes, in fact, anything like that.. roast them around half an hour, then I pile them in the slow cooker to 'melt' down, and just leave this to soften further, I add abit of stock, made with, say veggie oxo cubes, and squeeze some tomato puree in. I dont add salt, pepper, as thats in the tomato puree and oxo, then I blitz them with a hand blender, in the pot, - its very thick and more like a stew than a soup, but I dont like too much water.. the flavour is more intense because the veggies have been roasted and that brings out the flavour.. I eat a big bowlful whenever ( I hope thats ok, as its really all veg.. oh its lovely ! )

I keep it in the fridge - it goes in 2 to 3 days, theres alot and it costs hardly anything for something so tasty !

best wishes to you anyway

w.... xx

Hi Kered.. just reading this through, as newish to the site..I make a Roasted Veg Stew/Soup - my own recipe, its really tasty as roasting brings out the flavour, and its easy, but does take time as I cut up everything and lay it on a roasting tin , - theres leeks, carrots, aubergines, butternut squash, peppers, mushrooms, celery, garlic, tomatoes, in fact, anything like that.. roast them around half an hour, then I pile them in the slow cooker to 'melt' down, and just leave this to soften further, I add abit of stock, made with, say veggie oxo cubes, and squeeze some tomato puree in. I dont add salt, pepper, as thats in the tomato puree and oxo, then I blitz them with a hand blender, in the pot, - its very thick and more like a stew than a soup, but I dont like too much water.. the flavour is more intense because the veggies have been roasted and that brings out the flavour.. I eat a big bowlful whenever ( I hope thats ok, as its really all veg.. oh its lovely ! )

I keep it in the fridge - it goes in 2 to 3 days, theres alot and it costs hardly anything for something so tasty !

best wishes to you anyway

w.... xx

Thank you and good wishes to you too. I am always making soups and stews, especially in the winter, I love them and so good for you.

Breakfast - 2 weetabix.
Snack - small bowl of salad.
Lunch - Small pack of thin melba toasts with ham and low fat brussels pate.
Snack - 2 tiny pots of sugar free jelly.
Dinner - Stew. Yogurt and sugar free jelly.

I have been making the sugar free jelly and setting it into small pots, its around 3 calories per small pot and only about 12 calories in the whole packet. Its ideal for when you want something sweet.

Jelly - now theres an idea! :) I love it raw though - dont like it made up with water and then set! How many cals in it raw?! :giggle:

Tanya, the sugar free jelly is in powder form, so I dont think it would be nice like that..........lol.

Sorry girls, work has been really busy, hence the no contact for 5 days, but diet is still going well. Will try and catch up with the threads later today.

Oh i thought you meant like the packeted stuff you break up and put in boiling water! :giggle:

Glad to hear your doing ok :) x

I second that!

We miss you Mary :eek: xx :) xx

Aww thanks girlies, its nice to be missed.

The role in work has changed dramatically over the last few weeks, with lots of training and new procedures, but now that its actually changed and all the new roles are in place, I should be back more regular.

I havent listed my meals as I didnt write them down, but I will start from todays.

Nightshift tonight.

Breakfast - 2 weetabix with half milk and half water, blasted in the microwave for a minute. 2 rashers of trimmed grilled bacon, 2 grilled tomatoes and 2 grilled mushrooms.

Dinner - Roast lamb, carrots, brocolli, brussels, roast potatoes, gravy.

Supper - Brought to work, 2 sandwiches with mint sauce and lamb. 3 cans of diet coke.

Copious amounts of coffee with skimmed milk.

I will weigh on my 4 days off.

3 cans of diet coke???? Tired are you?? ;)

Lovely to see you back hon!! Hope you have a good night xx

LOL the coke was just because I was so thirsty after the dinner, I must have used a touch too much salt in the gravy. I am only on my second one now, so I might leave the other one for my nightshift tomorrow night.

Total crap the last few days, ate and drank and ate some more.

Started afresh today and I intend to start exercising......yes you heard me girls, I AM GOING TO EXERCISE.

Working today, Breakfast, Porridge made with half water half semi skimmed milk.

Snack, 1 Tesco cuppa soup, light. 1 Apple.

Lunch, 4 slices of nimble wholemeal bread (49 cals per slice) thinly spread with sandwich spread and wafer thin ham.

Dinner, Ham salad.

Edit to add 2 vodka's and diet coke.

Last edited:
Looks good mary :)

Ya need 4 slices of that rubbish bread dont ya! Its like eating air! :giggle:

Yes it is after eating the soya and linseed bread, but at least I had 4 of them, so its just under 200 calories, and to be honest, I did find it quite filling.

I have been thinking differently today too, I was thinking to myself, if I only had 1 shake and I managed to get by with that until my next meal break, then surely I can cope with a bowl of porridge until my lunch, then cope with my snack until lunch, then cope with the lunch until dinner........and so on, etc........rabbiting on now, but I need to change my train of thought........grrr. Blasted no smoking grrr.

Back