Dinkie Dawnies Dubious Diary of Downsizing, Deflation, and Debauchery

Thanks Penny x

I got four decent sized portions to freeze but I don't think they'll be in there for long!

I lost 4lbs tonight and I'm absolutely over the moon!!! I know it probably wasn't 'proper' weight as I had a big gain last week, but I've put a dent in it lol!

I do think that going to the gym has helped both physically and mentally. My problem now is that I probably won't be able to go again till Thursday due to work. I'll just have to be extra good with my food!

Anyway, I'm off to bed as I'm shattered! Work was awful...apparently it's on the news tonight that both NGH and KGH are full and have no beds, and some clinic appointments may be cancelled tomorrow. Looks like another busy day then :(

Nite all xxx

Well done Dawn :D

Well done on the loss chica - if you can't get to the gym much this week then try doing exercises at your desk. They do work - honest.

The other thing is that I know it's going to really fill me up. Whilst that should be a good thing, I don't like feeling that full as it makes me feel like I've done it wrong! I know it's stupid and it's all in my head cos it works, but I still feel that way lol!

Penny, can I freeze the quorn chilli? I hope so as there's blooming loads of it!!!

You can deffo freeze quorn chilli as Penny said. I've currently got 4 portions in the feezer too! But I know what you mean about it not having "much bite". That's my only real criticism of quorn. I also get the chicken pieces and they are a bit better than the mince - but not much. Do not bother with the sausages. They are tasteless and biteless to boot!

I also find quorn chilli very filling. I therefore don't eat as much of it and I have great losses! I just have to stay away from the carbs though on green days as otherwise I bloat horrendously - bit of waste of time then me doing green, but it does mean I can have some beans and pulses.

Last edited:
Ooh thanks for all the nice posts and advice ladies x

I'm going to keep this short as not feeling so great. Tbh, work was about as bad as it has ever been. I can't really describe what it's like to have people barking at you to move patients when you've got no staff or vehicles. But today is the first time it's made me ill. This afternoon I had palpitations and couldn't breathe...never happened before. I know it's only stress, but it's scary. Working from just after 7am with no breaks until 5 or 6 is just too much now. Even sitting here at home, I can't calm down and I can't stop these Bleddy palpitations. I think I'll just go to bed. Maybe try some deep breathing.

I'm pleased I've just about managed to stay on plan, even though I've had 2 glasses of wine to try and settle me. It's wrong that work can make u feel like this. Any way, I think I'll pop my food down now. If I don't sleep I'll be back to look at some diaries so BE GOOD! ;)

Red day

All bran (B1)
Milk (A1)
Banana

3 ryvitas (B2)
Philly light (A2)
Salmon
Velvet crunch (4)
Fresh fruit

Eggs
Bacon
Tinned toms
2 glasses of wine (12)

2 A's & 2 B's
16 syns

. . .Tbh, work was about as bad as it has ever been. I can't really describe what it's like to have people barking at you to move patients when you've got no staff or vehicles. But today is the first time it's made me ill. This afternoon I had palpitations and couldn't breathe...never happened before. I know it's only stress, but it's scary. Working from just after 7am with no breaks until 5 or 6 is just too much now. Even sitting here at home, I can't calm down and I can't stop these Bleddy palpitations. I think I'll just go to bed. Maybe try some deep breathing.
Arghh - welcome to the world of stress! Work shouldn't do this to us but unfortunately it does. Many a day I would go home feeling like this.
Why do you think I'm now retired? Many's the time I've worked a 12 hour day with no breaks and no thanks. Only to be shouted at by somne oik in a bank branch because his ATM was 5 minutes late in coming online at 9am in the morning when my guys had just spent 12 hours getting his new super-duper one installed!

Woke up at 5am and immediately couldn't catch my breath. Heart racing and pounding. It's eased off but I'm feeling totally hyped up despite being tired. It's like I'm only breathing in and not breathing out so feel like I might burst.

Not one person asked if I was ok this afternoon. Considering I work for an ambulance service you'd think SOMEONE would notice I couldn't speak for not breathing! And now they're forcing Andrew to work nearly a month of nights because they've given too many people time off! He doesn't want to do it but they've said he's got no choice. So he's on nights now, 4 days off then he should go onto days but he's got to do nights, then 4 days off and back on nights AGAIN! Yet his friend who's on the same contract has only worked TWO nights since he started!

I can feel everything is going to come to a head on Monday morning when/if I walk through the door. When I walk back out I may not still have a job.

At least I've pretty much stuck to plan lol! And the walk to the Saints and back will blow away a few cobwebs and take my mind off things.

Not sure about what day I'm doing. I think I'll have to have a nosy in the freezer to see what we've got.

Vicki and Matt come home from centre parks today so it'll be lovely to have them back. I do miss Vicki loads when she's away!

Feeling calmer again now x mite visit some diaries. Catch u later xxx

Woke up at 5am and immediately couldn't catch my breath. Heart racing and pounding. It's eased off but I'm feeling totally hyped up despite being tired. It's like I'm only breathing in and not breathing out so feel like I might burst.

Not one person asked if I was ok this afternoon. Considering I work for an ambulance service you'd think SOMEONE would notice I couldn't speak for not breathing! And now they're forcing Andrew to work nearly a month of nights because they've given too many people time off! He doesn't want to do it but they've said he's got no choice. So he's on nights now, 4 days off then he should go onto days but he's got to do nights, then 4 days off and back on nights AGAIN! Yet his friend who's on the same contract has only worked TWO nights since he started!

I can feel everything is going to come to a head on Monday morning when/if I walk through the door. When I walk back out I may not still have a job.

At least I've pretty much stuck to plan lol! And the walk to the Saints and back will blow away a few cobwebs and take my mind off things.

Not sure about what day I'm doing. I think I'll have to have a nosy in the freezer to see what we've got.

Vicki and Matt come home from centre parks today so it'll be lovely to have them back. I do miss Vicki loads when she's away!

Feeling calmer again now x mite visit some diaries. Catch u later xxx

Aww honey not sure what to suggest, but you do have to bring this matter up because its not on. They have a responsibility for your care and they are not! If it continues then you'll be signed off work sick and then they will sure be up the stream without a paddle then.

Try relax and enjoy your weekend. Sure Vicki will have lots of good stories to tell you which will help.

Take care of yourself x

Morning Dawn,

Never going to be able to catch up on diaries, but from your later posts, I can see that things have not been good :(

Look after yourself hun xxxx

Evening ladies, and thank you Penny and Lynne xxx

Had a fairly decent weekend considering how wound up I've been. And I've just got off the phone to my lovely 'sis' Gail who's given me some good advice, as always.

So not looking forward to going in to work tomorrow. It's going to be very hard to keep my mouth shut, but I'll do my best, as its up to Andrew to speak to the powers that be, as I will only be seen as an interfering mother. I do hope it's not as bad as Friday tho as I'm really at the end if my tether with being barked at to move patients when we haven't got resources.

Anyway, I cooked some bns soup today and I'll take some to work with me. It's snowing quite heavily here and it's really settled so I certainly don't fancy salad!

This afternoon we watched the England match which was pretty entertaining, and then I think I nodded off for a few minutes lol.

Vicki and Matt had a lovely holiday and came home late last night looking tired but happy. Can't believe they've been together 5 years now! She's only 21!!

Green day

2 wm toast (B1)
Butter (2)
Marmalade (2)

Lm sausages
Smash
Peas
Carrots
Gravy (2)
Tom sauce (2)

3 ryvitas (B2)
Philly light (A1)
Picked onion
Velvet crunch (4)

Milky coffee (A2)

2 A's & 2 B's
12 syns
30 mins home exercise machine

Glad you've has a goodish weekend chica. Hubs watched the rugby too and seemed to enjoy it.
Although bless him, he did the ironing whislt I was playing with the debtors!
How is your "nice" sister? Say hello to her from me next time you talk to her. She's a sensible lady so do listen to her advice.

You have to let Andrew fight his own battles chica. I know a mum always wants to protect her young but, yes, you would probably be seen as the interfering mother, so lip biting time required.

Hope tomorrow goes okay. ((( Hugs)))

Yay!!! Managed to get through work and not actually kill anyone! Thanks for your sensible comments ladies btw xxx

Had a row with my boss but it actually helped to clear the air. She even checked up on me throughout the day which did help me to feel less abandoned.

My food has been fine but I feel so FULL which doesn't sit well with me. If I feel full, I feel FAT, and then I feel I'm doing something wrong!! It's these green days that do it! My meals seem so much bigger lol!

Green day

Oats (B1)
Milk (A1)
Banana

Bns soup
Apple
Velvet crunch (4)
Grapes
Yoghurt

Smash
Lm sausages
Peas
Beans
Gravy (2)
Sauce (3)

Milky coffee (A2)
Chewy bar (4.5)

2 A's & 2 B's
9 syns

Oh dear! I'm so stuffed with pancakes I can't MOVE!!! They were sw ones but I ate the lot with loads of yoghurt, banana and golden syrup! Yummy!

And although we were busy today, it was manageable and I came away only half an hour late and feeling almost calm. Gwyn had cooked dinner so we had that and now I'm on the sofa in my dressing gown, suki on my knee, watching TV. Lovely!

Red day

Oats (B1)
Milk (A1)
Banana

Bns soup
Salmon salad
Salad cream (2)
Velvet crunch (4)
Apple
Yoghurt

Bacon
Egg
Tinned toms
Tom sauce (2)
Sw pancakes (B2)
Banana
Choc yoghurt (1/2)
Golden syrup (6)

Milky coffee (A2)
2 A's & 2 B's
14.5 syns

Oh dear! I'm so stuffed with pancakes I can't MOVE!!! They were sw ones but I ate the lot with loads of yoghurt, banana and golden syrup! Yummy!

And although we were busy today, it was manageable and I came away only half an hour late and feeling almost calm. Gwyn had cooked dinner so we had that and now I'm on the sofa in my dressing gown, suki on my knee, watching TV. Lovely!

Red day

Oats (B1)
Milk (A1)
Banana

Bns soup
Salmon salad
Salad cream (2)
Velvet crunch (4)
Apple
Yoghurt

Bacon
Egg
Tinned toms
Tom sauce (2)
Sw pancakes (B2)
Banana
Choc yoghurt (1/2)
Golden syrup (6)

Milky coffee (A2)
2 A's & 2 B's
14.5 syns

Wow yummy SW pancakes, yum. I've stayed away from them today. Thought it was best because I love them so much that I can't stop eating them once I start.

Glad work was an improvement. Only one more day to go :)

Blumin' 'eck. Glad I forgot it was Shrove Tuesday! Else I'd probably have had REAL pancakes!
Well done you for make them SW ones.

Back