Dinkie Dawnies Dubious Diary of Downsizing, Deflation, and Debauchery

Thank you all for the positive vibes! 👍👍👍
I WILL lose tomorrow!!!

But for now I’m absolutely pooped!

Up at 6, at work for 7, no break till 16.00 when I was STARVING!
A 4 man lift up 20 odd steps...and he was a very nasty piece of work ☹️ But at least I suppose I got some body magic in! 💪

Then problems with the last patient meant a late finish at 20.30 tonight 🙄 Not what you want when you’ve been freezing your bits off all day 😨

And then to top it all, a patient I safeguarded has passed away which has upset me quite a bit 😥 He was kinda difficult but I liked his spirit.

Nice to come home to a nice meal cooked by Gwyn though 😋 Unfortunately I just couldn’t eat all the fish so I’ll have it tomorrow night as Gwyn’s out (weather permitting).

At least I have a lie in too as we have to have 11 hours downtime between the end of one shift and the start of another so I’m not going in till 07.30 woo woo!

Have a cracking evening! I’m in bed, having half hour on here before sleep.

Attachments

• 65954908-56CE-444F-8514-3C6C3E51EE87.jpeg
    65954908-56CE-444F-8514-3C6C3E51EE87.jpeg
    663.3 KB · Views: 6
Hi Hun ur dinner looks delish can I ask what fish it is please is it your weigh in today do u eat before weigh in mine is at 4 and not a chanch I can that long without food lol xx

Hi Hun ur dinner looks delish can I ask what fish it is please is it your weigh in today do u eat before weigh in mine is at 4 and not a chanch I can that long without food lol xx

Hi hunni 🤚
That fish is from a company that delivers every 6 weeks or so. It’s hard to syn accurately so I’m afraid I guess. But I could only eat 1/2 of it last night anyway!

I’m weighing at home now as due to shifts I’ve found it impossible to go to group. When I used to go, I would NEVER eat before WI, other than maybe something that didn’t weight much...like a packet of crisps! 😂

So...weigh in this morning...very early as I was at work for 7.30 but...

I lost 7lbs!!! :woohoo:
Of course it’s my first WI so I don’t expect to see that figure again, but it’s certainly a lovely start 😊

Wowwww 7 pounds is amazing I never used to eat as i went to ww early morning mine is half 4 will u have a treat today x

Thank you Georgi! I think I’ll probably stay on plan today but my son and his pregnant wife are treating us to a takeaway tomorrow night to say thanks for looking after their dog so I’ll probably celebrate then! They’ve got a Mothercare event to go to after work so they’re dropping Little Mabel off to us first thing in the morning. She’s a gorgeous dog but totally manic!!!

Make sure you post on here how you do and good luck!!!!!!!! 🤞xx

Thank you Georgi! I think I’ll probably stay on plan today but my son and his pregnant wife are treating us to a takeaway tomorrow night to say thanks for looking after their dog so I’ll probably celebrate then! They’ve got a Mothercare event to go to after work so they’re dropping Little Mabel off to us first thing in the morning. She’s a gorgeous dog but totally manic!!!

Make sure you post on here how you do and good luck!!!!!!!! 🤞xx
Aww when is ur grandchild due what a exciting time I will do luv I believe the mothercare events are really good x

Aww when is ur grandchild due what a exciting time I will do luv I believe the mothercare events are really good x

I have one grandson due next month and another one due in June! I’m so excited! Both my daughter and younger son got married last year and they’re both expecting babies now! Xx

Thank you all for the positive vibes! 👍👍👍
I WILL lose tomorrow!!!

But for now I’m absolutely pooped!

Up at 6, at work for 7, no break till 16.00 when I was STARVING!
A 4 man lift up 20 odd steps...and he was a very nasty piece of work ☹️ But at least I suppose I got some body magic in! 💪

Then problems with the last patient meant a late finish at 20.30 tonight 🙄 Not what you want when you’ve been freezing your bits off all day 😨

And then to top it all, a patient I safeguarded has passed away which has upset me quite a bit 😥 He was kinda difficult but I liked his spirit.

Nice to come home to a nice meal cooked by Gwyn though 😋 Unfortunately I just couldn’t eat all the fish so I’ll have it tomorrow night as Gwyn’s out (weather permitting).

At least I have a lie in too as we have to have 11 hours downtime between the end of one shift and the start of another so I’m not going in till 07.30 woo woo!

Have a cracking evening! I’m in bed, having half hour on here before sleep.

That's a long day and physical too - don't know how you cope without food for so long either but glad to read you have 11 hours to recover.

I felt quite cross reading your post - I have never been able to understand why people are abusive/ungrateful to anyone in the public service - you're doing your job & working hard on long shifts to care for people who need your support - hopefully those people are in the minority. Sorry too to read on of your patients has died - shows how much you care about people. Lovely that Glyn had a nice meal ready for you :)

Lovely too to hear that you have 2 grandchildren on the way - lovely for the babies too to have a cousin of a similar age!

Hope you enjoyed your well deserved lie in but guess you're working now?

That's a long day and physical too - don't know how you cope without food for so long either but glad to read you have 11 hours to recover.

I felt quite cross reading your post - I have never been able to understand why people are abusive/ungrateful to anyone in the public service - you're doing your job & working hard on long shifts to care for people who need your support - hopefully those people are in the minority. Sorry too to read on of your patients has died - shows how much you care about people. Lovely that Glyn had a nice meal ready for you :)

Lovely too to hear that you have 2 grandchildren on the way - lovely for the babies too to have a cousin of a similar age!

Hope you enjoyed your well deserved lie in but guess you're working now?

Thank you for that lovely post @upndown xx
Yes I’m still at work. Should’ve finished at 19.30 but as usual got a late job. Should be back on base in 10 mins and home by 21.00. Sometimes I think I’m getting too old for all of this...but I love it 🙄

It’s going to be fabulous having the two boys so close to each other! My D and DIL are really close too so I can see them spending LOADS of time together 😊

Just need this snow to go now otherwise we’ll have to cancel the baby shower and I’ve got £180 of Party Food coming tonight! 😳

Thank you for that lovely post @upndown xx
Yes I’m still at work. Should’ve finished at 19.30 but as usual got a late job. Should be back on base in 10 mins and home by 21.00. Sometimes I think I’m getting too old for all of this...but I love it 🙄

It’s going to be fabulous having the two boys so close to each other! My D and DIL are really close too so I can see them spending LOADS of time together 😊

Just need this snow to go now otherwise we’ll have to cancel the baby shower and I’ve got £180 of Party Food coming tonight! 😳

Ah lovely that the girls are close and can share baby experiences and support one another. Wow you must have lots of energy or very brave or both ;) to hold a party after a long day's work - hope it goes ahead and you all have a good time or else you're going to be very tempted!

Ah lovely that the girls are close and can share baby experiences and support one another. Wow you must have lots of energy or very brave or both ;) to hold a party after a long day's work - hope it goes ahead and you all have a good time or else you're going to be very tempted!

Absolutely! Don’t get me wrong, I intend to have lots of naughty stuff at the shower, if we have it! But if we don’t, I don’t want to eat ANY of it so I think vicki will have to take it into work with her as most of it won’t keep.
I’m off on Sunday which is why we’re supposed to be having it then, but I’m working till 19.30 the night before 😳 Well HOPEFULLY it’s 19.30...the way things are going it could be ANY time 😠 Either way, it’s going to be a bit mad getting everything ready. That’s why we cheated by buying the cakes instead of making them...there simply won’t be time to do that, AND make the sandwiches, and the drinks, and decorate the room, and set the party games up!
Only two more days at work then 4 off...can’t wait! These have been exhausting, long shifts and very stressful with the weather. Plus a cold lunch isn’t much fun in this weather either which is why I had 1/2 a tin of chickpea Dahl to warm me up! It actually did the trick quite nicely x

Quick post to add my food so I can keep track 😊

EE day

Breakfast
Porridge sachet 4 1/2
Milk A

Lunch
Wm ham roll & butter B + 1
Cheetos 3 1/2
Pear
Apple
Muller
1/2 can ASDA chickpea dahl 1

Dinner
1/2 breaded fish 4
Salad
Salad cream 2

Total syns 16

Well done!

I am aiming to at least get to the gym for a swim twice next week. What with working full time in the NHS and providing childcare for my granddaughters age 8 and 2 I seem to have lost motivation to find time to spend on me. My gym membership includes the spa - which I have never used and I have been a member for over 6 months. Things have got to change so I have registered on Minimins for some support and straight talking !

Back