Dinkie Dawnies Dubious Diary of Downsizing, Deflation, and Debauchery

Omg!!! I lost a whopping 5lbs AND got SOTW!!!!! :woohoo: I'm over the moon!!! Celebrated with a lovely steak, mushroom and Stilton salad with Suzanne and her mum at their favourite pub :eating:

My finger is much less painful today although the pain woke me up at 5.30 this morning :doh:

Anyway off to have a nose at some diaries. Have a good day tomorrow folks xx
Morning
Well done on the weigh in yesterday. It was a good evening only 2 tomorrow and I'll be back on the weight trail 100%. On way to our next target ☺
Have a good day see you after work

Quick post as post as it was a busy night and I need to get some sleep! Just want to post my food so I can keep tabs on it. Hopefully I'll get on here later.

Red day
B:- porridge and milk (B & A)
L:- home made scotch egg and salad
Salad cream (2)
Crisps (3.5)
D:- ham/cheese/cucumber wm sandwich (B + 1)
Fresh fruit
Milk for drinks (A)

So I didn't get on here later lol! But I'm here now. At work again until 7.30 but coping really well so far with nights :bunnydance:
I'm trying to be extra careful with my syns as we're having KFC tomorrow night :eek: and I still want to lose this week.
My finger has stopped throbbing but has a rather enormous scab on it which I'm still having to dress as I can't risk knocking it off!
Anyway, here's tonight's food

EE
B :- porridge (4.5)
Milk (A)
SF syrup

L :- ham/cheese/salad sandwich (B + 1)
Crisps (4.5)
2 x satsumas
Apple

D :- SW sweet and sour
Rice (1/2)
Yoghurt (2.5)

S :- SW scotch egg

13 syns in total.

Have a good day ladies xx

Attachments

• IMG_7945.JPG
    IMG_7945.JPG
    2 MB · Views: 6
So I didn't get on here later lol! But I'm here now. At work again until 7.30 but coping really well so far with nights :bunnydance:
I'm trying to be extra careful with my syns as we're having KFC tomorrow night :eek: and I still want to lose this week.
My finger has stopped throbbing but has a rather enormous scab on it which I'm still having to dress as I can't risk knocking it off!
Anyway, here's tonight's food

EE
Milk (A)
SF syrup

L :- ham/cheese/salad sandwich (B + 1)
Crisps (4.5)
2 x satsumas
Apple

D :- SW sweet and sour
Rice (1/2)
Yoghurt (2.5)

S :- SW scotch egg

13 syns in total.

Have a good day ladies xx

Morning,
Hope you got away ontime. Glad your finger is getting better.
Looks like you are well in control keeping some syns back for the KFC.
Looking forward to catching up on Wednesday xx

Morning,
Hope you got away ontime. Glad your finger is getting better.
Looks like you are well in control keeping some syns back for the KFC.
Looking forward to catching up on Wednesday xx
Me too...quite looking forward to the KFC too lol, although I'm taking beans on toast with me too lol.

So I'm finally in bed after one of the busiest night shifts I've had for a long time! We didn't even get our KFC as they were closed by the time we got our break at 3am! So we had to settle for McDonald's which worried me a bit. But I checked the app and found that 3 chicken selectables was 12 syns so I opted for that and had them with my beans on toast ...yummy!

Looking forward to a few hours sleep now as I'm shattered. Night night xx

Last nights food
EE
Milk (A)
L :- SW scotch egg
D :- beans and marmite on wm toast (B)
McDonald's chicken (12)

Total syns 16.5.

So I'm finally in bed after one of the busiest night shifts I've had for a long time! We didn't even get our KFC as they were closed by the time we got our break at 3am! So we had to settle for McDonald's which worried me a bit. But I checked the app and found that 3 chicken selectables was 12 syns so I opted for that and had them with my beans on toast ...yummy!

Looking forward to a few hours sleep now as I'm shattered. Night night xx

Last nights food
EE
Milk (A)
L :- SW scotch egg
D :- beans and marmite on wm toast (B)
McDonald's chicken (12)

Total syns 16.5.
Well done hun for the quick plan change xx

So...weigh in today and I lost 2lbs and got SOTW again! My fruit basket is so full lol! But I'm certainly not complaining...in fact I'm thrilled! Feel like I've got my mojo back and that I really WANT to do this. I think the mini challenges on here help, and writing my food down most days, and of course having a bestie who's also on SW is a massive encouragement to me.
Anyway, tonight's food was rather celebratory and included spag bol cooked by my son and a couple of glasses of wine :drunk: so tomorrow will be a GOOD day! :innocent002: That means dinner will be on plan tomorrow Suzanne...but we can still squeeze in a bottle of rose! :whistle:

Another quick post as I've got to be up in less than 6hrs for work :(
Had a good food day today as I'm still on a high from my loss yesterday lol. And of course it was lovely to have Suzanne round for dinner. We cooked a pork recipe from one of the books and the whole family ate it so it must've been ok! Naturally we had a bottle of wine too but it was shared between four of us! :innocent002:

Doesn't seem five minutes since I was last at work :banghead: That's the trouble with going from nights to earlys :(

EE
B :- not up in time!
L :- bacon and cheese sandwich (B + 2)
Tomato sauce (2)
Sharon fruit
D :- pork dish (1)
Cabbage, carrots, green beans, potatoes
Wine (6)
Mini hifi (3)
Fresh fruit
Choc options (1)
A was milk
Total 15 syns :D

Attachments

• IMG_7991.JPG
    IMG_7991.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 7
  • IMG_8002.JPG
    IMG_8002.JPG
    853.6 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_8003.JPG
    IMG_8003.JPG
    670.7 KB · Views: 7
Oh dear! It's been a while since been here. Largely due to work really as we've been busy and I get so tired having to get up at silly o'clock when I'm on earlies.
But the good news is that I lost 1lb today which I'm fairly pleased with. So that means I've got exactly 3 stones to lose to reach my first target. It's a bit daunting but I know I can do it :scale:

Tomorrow should be an interesting day as I'm working with my son and taking a patient to Swansea...about 4 hours drive away. Also my new phone is coming yippee!!! :woohoo:

Good afternoon ... This is me drawing a line under my last post and resurrecting not only my diary but also my enthusiasm!

So having been laid up with flu for the past few days I've had some time to think about things. Somehow or other I ended up here last night, reading through old diaries...some VERY old :classic_eek:...and then some new ones too. What fantastic memories I have on here. Some are sad, like the passing of my lovely Dad, but the love and support of the caring, mad, funny and usually very naughty folks on here got me through it and kept me sane! :)

Anyway, fast forward to today and here I am, needing to lose some excess baggage again :rolleyes: In fairness I kept most of it off for a few years but as is often the case, it's crept back on again. :classic_frown:

I've been half heartedly following slimming world and going to group on the four out of eight weeks that my shifts allow. However all I've really been doing is losing a stone during the weeks I can go...and then gaining it back again on the weeks that I can't! :oops: My best friend Suzanne has tried her best to keep me motivated but it's just not happening. I even tried going to different groups on different days when I was off but that didn't work for me either. So I took the easy route and gave up!

However I'm very unhappy and uncomfortable at my current weight. My knees hurt, my hips hurt, and back pain prevents me from sleeping more than an hour at a time. And this all impacts on my job as an ambulance care assistant as I need to carry patients up and down stairs etc, and the shifts are 12 hours long...which is all tiring enough without being overweight!

So I have quite a few good reasons for knuckling down and shifting a few pounds (for 'pounds' read 'stones') but I actually have two AMAZING reasons ...

Last year my daughter Vicki got married, followed 4 months later by my youngest son Daniel...and now Vicki is expecting my first grandchild next month...and Dan and his wife Katie are expecting my second in June! That's two grandsons due this year!!! :wee:

I do NOT want to be the fat Nan who can't get on the floor to play, or kick a football in the garden! I want to be the super cool Nan! :classic_cool: The energetic Nan! :character00116::whacky068: The Nan they want to spend their school holidays with! :banana_dancer:

So today I joined slimming world online for the first time ever. And I intend to be on here as much as work will allow. I know I can record my food on th SW app but I did find it useful to post it here before so I may well do that again. I'm a bit rusty, and I must admit I'm very likely to throw a few old 'red' days in as carbs really slow my losses down, but I think the majority will be EE.

If you're passing through, please say hi! I'm always fascinated by other people's experiences!!!

Have a great evening & thanks for reading!

Edited to add my food

EE day

B) pear

L) 3 x crustless toast B
Marmite
1/2 Tin beans
Grated 1/2 fat cheese 4

D) skinless chicken breast wrapped in bacon with
a L cow triangle 1
Salad
Beetroot
New pots
Salad cream 2

Milk for coffee/tea A

Total syns 7

Last edited:
Hello Dawn. I had been reading through some of the beginning of your diary. Then I got to November 2016 and thought " shame no more"
But you have started again.

Funny you mention the red plan as I have been reading my old red/green book. I was thinking of giving it a go. I have not done as good on EE.

I do go to class as I do not work. It is taking a long time though.

Good luck with your restart. Doreen

Hi @Nanny Doreen! Thanks for popping in x
I’m afraid my diary is like War & Peace! It goes on forever! But I have so many memories tied up in it, and made such wonderful friends, I think I want to keep it. Many of my friends went over to another forum when the old minis closed, and I was on there for a short while, but didn’t settle. So I’m back here again, hoping to make some new friends and to offer and receive support and help, lose some weight, and have some fun in the process!

I imagine there will be quite a few members here who used to do red (original) and green days. I found the weight really fell off me on red, although I think I felt a little hungry on it as I used to have salad pretty much every day.

I know we’re not encouraged to do the old style plans now but I feel it won’t do any harm to boost my losses with a few red days. Tbf they’re actually quite similar to the current SP in some ways...and I still miss having two A’s and B’s on EE lol x

I’d be interested to know how you get on Doreen. I think I’m already subscribed to your diary but will pop along now just to double check. Many thanks for the good wishes and I hope things speed up a little for you xx

Hi - I've just read 7 pages of your lovely diary - so only 278 more to read :whistle: you're a brilliant writer - you should write a book or have a column in a mag or newspaper!

Very sad to read about your Dad though - mine had similar problems 12 years ago.

But so lovely to see you're going to be a grandmother twice over very soon :woohoo:

I have to stop reading now as boring house jobs await but I'll be back for more soon and I hope you have a good day. xx

Last edited:
Oh wow! How nice is it to come here and find you two lovelies @craftermary and @upndown have beaten me to it?! This is EXACTLY why I plucked up the courage to restart my diary. It's ladies like you and @Nanny Doreen who are the backbone of the support that can be found on here.

Mary I'm intrigued to know what plan you are doing so once I've finished here I will come and stalk you :peep:I'm over the moon about the grandchildren! I feel like my heart is BURSTING with love for them already!

Lol thanks Upndown for managing to plough through seven pages of my drivel! When I look back, although there were sad times, I can still smile through most of it. I can also see that SW and Minis provided me with an escape from Dads illness/death...a little bubble where I could put down my feelings, or simply bury my head in the sand if I preferred. I remember a very good friend I met on here called Gail saying she was worried I might not be really taking it all in, and she was probably right, but it was my way of coping. Nothing prepares you for the loss of a parent does it? On a lighter note thanks for the writing compliments! :classic_tongue:Xx

So, back to today.
Woke up rather late due to coughing all night AGAIN :classic_frown: It really is time this illness cleared off! With hindsight it probably wasn't the best time to try and get back on plan :classic_roll_eyes: but then I'm someone who has to act on how I'm feeling NOW...otherwise it's gone lol!

Anyway, it was a bit late for breakfast so I settled for an early lunch of a bacon sandwich ... excellent choice it was too! And that's kind of made me decide to do a red day today. Like I said to Doreen, my losses were usually quicker when I didn't incorporate carbs so I definitely want to do that a couple of time a week. Only trouble is I've just remembered I have half a tin of new pots to use up tonight so looks like EE again then! :classic_big_grin: I know I could syn them but it seems such a waste of syns!

I think dinner will be 'supposedly' syn free burgers. I say supposedly as they're from a local butcher and apparently made from 5% mince...but when we had them in the summer they seemed to have a fair amount of fat in them :classic_eek: I found the other pack in the freezer yesterday and being the tight sod I am, thought we probably ought to use them quickly before I have to throw them out!

Still feeling under the weather but not as bad as I was. There's a million things I should be doing but don't have the energy, so there's a very good chance I shall spend much of the day on here :classic_big_grin: Well there's worse things I could be doing...:classic_tongue:

Hee Hee - best to rest if you're not feeling well & yes lots worse things you could be doing than being on here! Enjoy your burger/s - my mouth's watering just typing it - you can always use kitchen paper to soak up any excess fat but think we need a bit for the flavour!

Good evening!

How is it I feel chilled AND excited at the same time?!

Could it be I’m starting to feel back in control? :banana_dancer:

Today has been a good day, boring but good. I made it out to feed the cat in the garden (long story) and also experimented a bit with dinner. I mixed some blue cheese (3 syns) in with some quark and spread it on top of my burgers a few minutes before I removed them from the grill and I have to say it was rather nice :classic_tongue: I think I’ll probably just do EE today (thank you for the new pot info @Nanny Doreen ) as I’m so full I couldn’t even eat my dessert of cherries and yoghurt so may have that for supper.

I DID however find room for my glass of red wine ... funny that! :drunk:

Now I’m back on the settee where I’ve been most of the day :oops: Gwyn is watching the rugby and I’m going to see who I can annoy on here! :rotflmao:

But not before I post my food

B) missed it!
L) Bacon sandwich B
Tom sauce 2
D) 2 x 5% burgers
17.5g Danish blue cheese 3
Quark
Salad
Salad cream 2
New pots
Beetroot
175ml wine 8