Dinkie Dawnies Dubious Diary of Downsizing, Deflation, and Debauchery

Mmmm....... lovely day's food there! Plus it's a great feeling to be in control!

Mmmm....... lovely day's food there! Plus it's a great feeling to be in control!

It certainly is Upsy! Even got myself a ticker now! :classic_big_grin:
I know how to rock a thread! :classic_cool:
Just hope I lose some weight next week ... :classic_roll_eyes:

If you keep on going as you are - you'll be rewarded with a loss this week I reckon!

i certainly hope so @upndown !

Having said that, I’ve just discovered we’re getting an Indian takeaway tonight so will have to consult my books to see which would be the best to have!

Had a rather rude awakening this morning when the smoke alarms went off! :classic_eek:

Cue two dogs flinging themselves onto the bed in terror, and hubby legging it down the stairs to find out what was going on.

Turns out oldest son (still at home) had decided to have a couple of pork belly slices after work (he works for an ambulance service in MK and didn’t come home till midnight) but promptly fell asleep after putting them in the oven!

Fast forward 5 hours and unsurprisingly the house is full of smoke! Not only that, in carrying the burnt offerings out to the garden he managed to spill hot fat (and therefore BURN) not one, not two, but THREE kitchen mats! :classic_mad: To say hubby and I are not impressed would be a slight understatement! :flamingmade:

Had the windows/doors open for the past two flipping hours but it still stinks!

Kids eh!!! Well he’s 31 but still MY baby :rolleyes::rolleyes: At least he had the grace to be VERY apologetic lol!

Well we managed not to die from the fumes, just 🙄 Probably got hypothermia instead from having all the doors and windows open...

Had a productive day though 😊 I’m feeling quite a bit brighter so decided to do a few things round the house which just don’t get done when I’m at work or ill. So I did a couple of loads of washing, hoovered upstairs, cleaned our bathroom, and sorted out the recycling. I then moved onto tidying the airing cupboard 😱 This resulted in 3 bags of rubbish, one bag for the air ambulance and one (full of old but usable towels) for the local animal sanctuary NANNAS.

After a quick round up of the diaries, myself and some of the ladies decided we’d like to try a little gentle exercise. So my next job was to dust off my treadmill in the garage and see if it still works.

It does ☺️

So I have every intention of doing a few gentle walks on it soon.

After watching what hubby and I can only describe as two POOR rugby matches (he’s Welsh, I’m English...we should’ve won!), we consoled ourselves with our Indian takeaway which was very yummy 😋

EE Day

Bowl of cherries
Quark with vanilla essence

Banana

Takeaway rogan Josh 7 (only ate 1/2 of it)
Boiled rice
Poppodom 2 1/2
Chutney 2
Wine 6 (not a full glass)

Cherry jelly and yoghurt dessert 1/2
Squirty cream 2

Milk A
No B...forgot!
Syns 20

I know I’m in the naughty corner now for having gone over my syns for the day so I’ll knock a few off tomorrow ☺️

F722E9A0-BE28-4940-9320-9866A0E89184.jpeg2E2A89D5-C03A-4068-BD67-289C0D4E858E.jpeg

I agree :( the rugby wasn't good - I'm Welsh and don't mind if we play well and lose but that wasn't the case today IMO ;)

Isn't SW's flexibility great? Having seen how well you're doing I'm sure you'll finish your week off within your syn allowance!

Your cherry dessert looks lovely - I want one now :O

Good afternoon!

Feeling rather virtuous today mainly because

1) I’m still on plan and
2) I tried some exercise today!

It’s probably safe to say the food side of things is going rather more successfully than the exercise side of things due to the following...

1) I am currently NOT built for exercise...whereas I AM built for food
2) I have no exercising ‘gear’. Compromised with what I THOUGHT was a baggy t-shirt and leggings. These actually may have been baggy 3 stones ago but currently they need shoe horning on and more than likely cut off my blood circulation! 🙄 Hoping no extremities fall off overnight! 😳
3) There is a significant boobage problem. Basically the things don’t stay where they’re put! Hopefully a perusal of Ebay will result in an all encapsulating sports boulder holder :banana_dancer:

Apart from that, and my knees, and my hips...I felt it went rather well! 2k in 28 minutes which is fine by me. I knew I’d have problems as I’m terribly unfit and the extra weight is taking its toll on my joints, but I didn’t give in and despite the pain, I really enjoyed the buzz.

Feel like I’m taking control of my health again.

As for Food, I’ve decided on a red day in order to combat the extra syns I had yesterday.

I tried something new for breakfast...baked oats...and I was really surprised how nice and filling it was. In fact I only ate half of it so will have the rest for supper.
Lunch was gammon, bns chips and salad, followed by another jelly/yoghurt/mousse thingy. Not sure what I’m doing for tea yet. Will post pics tonight.

Hope everyone is doing ok and having a great Sunday 💞xx

Ah sounds like you're making a big effort with exercise and being on plan with your food - so well done! You'll get there if you carry on as you are!

I'm an off and on exerciser - very haphazard at the moment :( hoping I'll get back into a better routine when the weather warms up but need to stop making excuses and get on with it! Not sure why but I rolled my sleeves up today and did loads of deep cleaning in the house - so I suppose that was a bit exercise ;) but need to get back into doing 30 mins x 5 times a week and 2 strength sessions!

Ah sounds like you're making a big effort with exercise and being on plan with your food - so well done! You'll get there if you carry on as you are!

I'm an off and on exerciser - very haphazard at the moment :( hoping I'll get back into a better routine when the weather warms up but need to stop making excuses and get on with it! Not sure why but I rolled my sleeves up today and did loads of deep cleaning in the house - so I suppose that was a bit exercise ;) but need to get back into doing 30 mins x 5 times a week and 2 strength sessions!

Well I made a big effort yesterday with both food and exercise but today was sadly lacking in any exercise at all. I also really need to try and even it out so I'm doing it little and often rather than all one day and none the next 😳

Vigorous housework is definitely exercise! When I did WW 15 years ago you could 'earn' extra points for exercise and it actually included gardening and housework. Absolutely brilliant if you needed a couple of extra ones. Plus my house and garden were immaculate! 😂 So I wouldn't beat yourself up too much over today 😊

So I never made it back here last night...just ran out of time. But I had an excellent day both food wise and exercise wise, and I'm not suffering with aches and pains as much as I thought I would 😊

Today's food has been lovely, largely because we went to my friend @Still slimming Suzy's for dinner! 😂

I didn't have breakfast as wasn't that hungry but I did have a 5% burger in a wm roll for lunch. Then I had to shoot to the shops to get the ingredients to make a SW dessert for me and Suzanne as the men were having sticky toffee pudding and vienetta! I decided on the Bailys cheesecake...turned out ok but I'm not sure I'd bother again.

The meal at Suzanne's was amazing though and I'm still quite full now 😋

EE day

B) 😳
Milk for drinks A
L) 5% burger
WM roll B
Cheese triangle 1
Tom sauce 2
D) beef
Yorkie 2
Potatoes
Broccoli
Carrots
Green beans
Cauliflower
Parsnips
Gravy 2
Non alcoholic wine 2
SW baileys cheesecake 4
Coffee 2.5
Squirty cream 1

Total syns 16.5 bit over but really enjoyed it!

image.jpegimage.jpeg

I'm drooling over that roast dinner and it's only breakfast time.:classic_big_grin:

When I first moved here in 2011 I use to live closer to the sea and instead of sitting down drinking my tea I use to go out and have a walk while drinking it. I think I'm going to start doing that again. Althou I'm further away from the sea I do have some off road pathways here.:classic_smile:

Well I made a big effort yesterday with both food and exercise but today was sadly lacking in any exercise at all. I also really need to try and even it out so I'm doing it little and often rather than all one day and none the next 😳

Vigorous housework is definitely exercise! When I did WW 15 years ago you could 'earn' extra points for exercise and it actually included gardening and housework. Absolutely brilliant if you needed a couple of extra ones. Plus my house and garden were immaculate! 😂 So I wouldn't beat yourself up too much over today 😊

Well done on the food/exercise front - hope that gave you a lift - I love it when the plan comes together! Know what you mean about all or nothing exercising - we'll have to keep at it and report daily on here ;)

Yes I remember WW and the extra points - reckon I've been on every diet around over the years!

That roast dinner looks fabulous - could eat it right now and it's only 9.30 am :O

Same with the cheesecake but I know that some slimming recipes do lack a certain something somehow - but there again I love butter, cream and sugar etc and I haven't found a really good low cal substitute yet!

Thank you ladies the food was incredible! Wish I could take the credit but it was all Suzanne lol. Ok I made the dessert but it wasn’t particularly good. Nowhere near as nice as that fruit mousse thingy that I copied from @Diane1966, but it was edible.

Today seems to have flown by. I’ve been busy yet done nothing! 😳 It’s my daughter’s baby shower on Sunday and we’re having it here (prior warning...it will definitely be an off plan day! 😱). So I’ve been going through my Tesco home delivery order with a fine tooth comb to make sure we’ve got enough food! And drink! We’re going for an afternoon tea theme so lots of sandwiches and cakes, tea, coffee and soft drinks...and party games of course! Today I’ve had a punch bowl delivered and I’m going to try and make a blue (for a boy) punch. I’ve ordered some blue drink from an American site but if it doesn’t come in time it’ll be Food dye! As I’m back to work tomorrow and my last shift doesn’t finish till 19.30 on Saturday night I need to make sure I’ve got everything covered!

I’ve really been on it today with my Food but I’m afraid the snow put me off attempting any exercise ☃️ Not that we had much here but it was flipping COLD! ❄️

RED day

Breakfast
Baked oats B
Frozen mixed fruit
Total 0% with sweetener & options white choc 1

Lunch
WM ham & tomato roll B
Butter 1
Cheetos 3 1/2

Dinner
Bacon
2 x Heck chicken sausages 1/2 (yummy!)
Scrambled egg 1
Tinned tomatoes
Mushrooms
Onions
BNS chips
Tom sauce 2

HexA’s used for milk in drinks
Total syns 8

Might treat myself to a special K choc delight bar ☺️

Apologies if I’m not about much tomorrow. I start at 7am and finish (hopefully!) at 19.30 so may not get much chance to post. Gwyn is cooking dinner so I’ll look forward to that. It’s a difficult one to syn as it’s fish in breadcrumbs from the fish van but I think I’m safe by calling it 8, and I’ve got a few leftover from today ... 😉

Attachments

• 89431278-C50D-464B-9747-EABAD724AE00.jpeg
    89431278-C50D-464B-9747-EABAD724AE00.jpeg
    740.4 KB · Views: 4
  • 8865E931-ED71-408C-AFDA-027B332646D7.jpeg
    8865E931-ED71-408C-AFDA-027B332646D7.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 4
  • 21602F75-0392-486B-8EC5-EC864D05E25A.jpeg
    21602F75-0392-486B-8EC5-EC864D05E25A.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 4
That roast dinner looks fabulous - could eat it right now and it's only 9.30 am :O

Same with the cheesecake but I know that some slimming recipes do lack a certain something somehow - but there again I love butter, cream and sugar etc and I haven't found a really good low cal substitute yet!

Oh that cheesecake certainly lacked something! 🙄😂

Not easy trying to write while I’m bouncing around in the back of the truck but will give it a go in case I don’t get back on here till later.
Put my uniform on this morning and was pleased to notice I can do the trousers up without having to hold my breath so it’s looking good for WI tomorrow 🤞
Today’s Food will be red as I want a final push before WI.

Breakfast
40g porridge oats B1
SS milk A1
Banana

lunch
Wm ham roll B2
Butter 1
Cheetos 3 1/2
Pear
Apple
Muller
Special K bar 3

Dinner
Fish in breadcrumbs ?8
Salad
Salad cream

A2 will be used on drinks
Total 15 1/2 syns

Good idea to do a red day - I'd never have thought of doing that b4 facing the scales - will try that if I can remember how to do red days! Good luck at the scales in the morning1

Ooh Mary's post reminded me of your Non-Scales-Victory!! Well done indeed - after all - whatever the scales say - it's how our clothes fit/look & how we feel about our bodies that matters most to lots of us!

Last edited:
Back