Dinkie Dawnies Dubious Diary of Downsizing, Deflation, and Debauchery

Cheers Gail,

Will find out more about my uncle when we get home. They only live 10 mins from us so should be under NGH, same hospital as Dad, which is good as they have a wonderful oncology centre which is one of the few Centres of Excellence. I know they will do their best for him xx.

Well Saturday is drawing closer hunni...hope you know what you're letting yourself in for lol!! I think even Gwyns getting a bit excited about it all! And so he should...being the only fella amongst 3 gorgeous girlies! :)

Oh i'm so sorry to hear about your uncle. Life can be so cruel at times, but i know you'll be there to support him along the way. I hope he receives the best care and they can zap the evil bugger.

Sounds like you had a nice day apart from that. Dinner sounds yum but guessing no one was coming near you all after all that garlic! Not sure if the sun is still here but i'll send you some heat. I don't want to drive in it, esp without air con!

Hope you have another great day x

Wow!

What's that big yellow thing in the sky...?

Thanks for your comments Penny, and for sending the sun our way, eventually lol!

Not sure what the plan is for today...think we should stay in the open air as there's a distinctly garlicky fog surrounding us this morning!

I am feeling really fat this morning which is NOT good! I know the foods been a bit naughty, but I don't think the fact I haven't been to the loo (sorry to those eating breakfast) since we got here is helping much! Might try drinking a bit more.

Well good luck to any ladies weighing in today xx

Have a good day xxx

Very sorry to hear about your Uncle!

I would gladly send you the sun and heat from down here, its freaking ridiculously hot!

Hope you're feel less 'fat' soon xx

.Nicki. said:
Very sorry to hear about your Uncle!

I would gladly send you the sun and heat from down here, its freaking ridiculously hot!

Hope you're feel less 'fat' soon xx

Thanks Bestie...I'm wondering if there's many syns in prune juice...;)

Hello hun
glad you are having a lovely time - I agree, prune juice all the way! bless you!

Sorry to hear on your Uncle, it really is a wretched disease. Hugs x

Have another lovely day :)

So sorry to hear about your uncle, I do wish you could have a break from bad luck though, especially on your holiday.

Hope the sunshine stays for you, have a good day. The *ahem* problems affect a lot of us when we are away.......poor you, I should get it sorted quickly though. :)

Sorry to hear about your Uncle xxx

And, hope that the prune juice does the business! :sick0019:

Success!!! *sighs* ;)

And now to the beach...!

Dawn, defo TMI. First the bl**dy albatross and now *ahem* problems!!
It's the water you know, mi gal. It's the softest in the country and after the hard stuff you get in in Northampton I'm not surprised it's bunged you up!

We have friends who live in The Lakes, and we must have been to visit 20 or 30 times, plus hubby used to walk and climb there. In all the times I have been, not once have I had any sun. So enjoy any that comes your way!

I am so sorry to hear about your uncle. We lost several close friends to the Big C 3 years ago, the last one a beautiful, special lady. When I asked her daughter, who's a medic, why everyone we knew was dying of cancer she just said "We've cured everything else!"
My thoughts are with you hun.

Oh Dawn, FFS, I'm so sorry to hear about your Uncle. Why can't this wretched disease bog off and leave you and yours alone?!

Keep your chin my love, I would send you some sun but it's crap here today - no rain - but dull and rubbish.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

So sorry to hear about your uncle Dawn, that absolutely sucks. Hope you're ok, you're being super brave again.

Hope the prune juice works, if not you could try a freshly made filter coffee, works a treat for me every time! X

Hi ladies,

Firstly, thanks for your kind and caring thoughts for not just my uncle but for me too xx
Tbh, I've reached the stage where I'm almost expecting family/friends to have something awful happen to them. It's like a kind of resignation that someone close to me will become ill and die again. I used to read about families like mine, being affected so dramatically by cancer, never dreaming that it would happen to mine specially coming from a predominantly non smoking family. But here we are again, dads not even in the ground yet and his only brother is fighting for his life. I can't take it in some times...really makes you wonder doesn't it? And it probably doesn't bode well for my brother and me either!

Secondly, thankyou for your... er...very genuine concern over my recent extremely inconvenient predicament! Now atleast I know who my true friends are now lol! (Are u listening JoT??! :p)

And lastly, I just wanted to tell you that the sun finally made it to our neck of the woods and we made the most of it! We went into Maryport and had a nice wander along the prom there...the tide was out so there was quite a lot of beach, and we could see Scotland. At the end of the prom was a little golf club, and as we all needed the loo and a cuppa, we went in. There was no one about, and just as we were giving up and coming out, this old boy came in and asked if he could help us. He said there was no staff but that we could help ourselves to the hot drinks machine. Then a couple more old boys came in off the course and made us so welcome, got us to sit down by the big picture window overlooking the sea, and had a good natter! They were so lovely, I could've stayed there all day! Anyway we walked back along the prom to the cars and then drove along the coastal road to a little garden and wildlife centre and spent a nice hour there.

When we got home, I cooked steak and new potatoes with a big salad which went down very well! The boys have just popped to the pub and Gwyn and I are going for a quick walk and then back by 9 as there's a film I want to watch again. It's called The fattest man in Britain and has Timothy Spall in. It's a bit slow at the start but well worth sticking with as the characters are brilliant and the storyline is very inspiring.

See you all later, hope you're all ok? Xxx

Sounds like you are really enjoying your holiday and are having a proper chilled out time. Well done you for being so good on your eating too. Glad the sun fdinally came out for you too, it was out here for a short time this morning, but it is currently peeing down with rain yet again!! Doesn't bother me at this time of night tho, I'm tucked up in bed!!!

Hope you're enjoying your film, not one I've heard of before, may have to look it up xxx

Back