Dinkie Dawnies Dubious Diary of Downsizing, Deflation, and Debauchery

Now then JIM I hope you are going to be all soppy n sympathetic when we are stuck half way up a mountain and I have blisters on my blisters :giggle:... *ooooh why do I feel that Im going to have my very own version of jillian Michaels screaming at me that *you will not quit* as I trundle along* :rotflmao:

Hey Caps! Reckon you're gonna hav some fun with JoT on your trek! :)

Don't think she'll take any prisoners lol! ;)

Blisters, schmisters.

Come on. We can do it. Himalayas, ho!

We need to show those other guys that the Miniminers are the best. So if I have to lift you up that mountain myself, we'll get there.

No prisoners! No dallying! Keep those feet going!
What's a little Himalaya or two, between friends?

Hi Dawn

Sat reading your diary whilst at work, yeah I know should be working but can't ar$ed, it's Friday. I have a lump in my throat like a golf ball.

Cancer is a horrible disease, I have lost family members to it and it truly is horrible.

Thinking of you and your family at this difficult time and wishing your Dad some peace.

Lots of love honey

xxxxxxxxxx ;)

SB - I'm with you, Friday's are definitley for skiving!! Thankfully, I've only got a few phone calls to make and not a lot else on today, just don't tell the boss!!

Dawn - glad you got to talk to your Dad properly, that stiff upper lip thing is so bad, I have it with everyone, even bf has to prompt me to tell him I love him! I am going to get better at it though, if anything your story has shown me that it's not as scary as we think to admit the truth. Hope your work isn't too quiet today and keeps you busy xxx

Saddle Bags said:
Hi Dawn

Sat reading your diary whilst at work, yeah I know should be working but can't ar$ed, it's Friday. I have a lump in my throat like a golf ball.

Cancer is a horrible disease, I have lost family members to it and it truly is horrible.

Thinking of you and your family at this difficult time and wishing your Dad some peace.

Lots of love honey

xxxxxxxxxx ;)

Hi Saddle Bags (cool name btw)

Thanks hunni for your lovely comment xx
So sorry to hear that your family has also been affected by this evil disease xx
On my mob atm but will hopefully get my laptop on later and will hav a look to see if you keep a diary xx

Lots of love,

Dawn xx

Sent from my HTC Wildfire using MiniMins

Maverick said:
Dawn - glad you got to talk to your Dad properly, that stiff upper lip thing is so bad, I have it with everyone, even bf has to prompt me to tell him I love him! I am going to get better at it though, if anything your story has shown me that it's not as scary as we think to admit the truth. Hope your work isn't too quiet today and keeps you busy xxx

Aww Laura...you tell that gorgeous bf of yours you love him every chance you get xx. I don't know why we are the way we are, unable to tell the ones we love the most how we feel about them :'(
It really makes no sense at all xx

Works picked up a bit now. Sending a couple of vehicles over to Kettering to help them out as its really busy over there xx

Hi Dawn :wavey:

Hope you have had a good day hunni & another lovely visit with your dad :D

How's the car hunt for Andrew going, any success yet?

View attachment 14107

Had a smashing day with hubby & LO. Took a train to Inverness & went on a sightseeing trip on an open top bus View attachment 14108 around Inverness for the first time. LO had an absolute ball, especially as we started off at the main bus station :bliss: I'm not sure whether his feet actually left the ground :0icanfly: but boy was he happy! :woohoo:

Last edited:
Hey Twinkle, just noticed you're in the north east, whereabouts are u?? Didn't know they did sightseeing tours in Inverness, can't imagine there is much to see lol xx

We lost dad tonight x love u dad x

So sorry Hun, much love to you and your family xxx

Sending you and all the family huge hugs lovely lady ....
Take care of yourself!!

Oh Dawn I am so sorry - My prayers are with you all :hug99:

Last edited:
So sorry, Dawn.
He's at peace & out of pain now, though.
Better for him - but horrible for you all. Love to all the family.

S xx

I am so sorry to hear that Dawn. So sorry for your loss but your Dad is now at peace and pain free. I am glad that you got to say what you needed to say to him and I'm sure he appreciated that.

I am thinking of you all at this difficult time. Thanks for letting us know.

Lots of love

Gail xxxx

Hi, I have just read all of your diary, and it is really good, very inspirational. I am so sorry to hear of your loss, it sounds like he has a good life and was very much loved. He will be at rest and free of pain now. Big hugs to you are your family. xxx

Hello to all my lovely friends, and thank you for being there xx special big hugs to the lovely lady who has been checking up on me via text msgs...

Bah!

That's what friends are for.

You just look after yourself, and we'll keep paddling, to keep this show on the road.

(With apologies for mixed metaphors!)

Back